Jun 17, 2015, 11:36 AM
RMRC
Thread OP
New Product

RMRC Seriously Dodo Flight Controller

IMPORTANT NOTE: www.readymaderc.com is the sole manufacturer for the Seriously Dodo Flight Controller. There are known issues with clone boards that are now becoming available. If you are a store looking to sell this controller, please contact [email protected].

The official RMRC Dodo is also available from these retailers:

MultiRotorMania

​TwistedQuads
RotorX
Quadrysteria

Features:
  • 8 input channels
  • 8 output channels
  • 3 UARTs (GPS, Telemetry, S.bus)
  • 2-6s input power
  • 5v output - 0.5A Max (No more external regulators to get in your way!)
  • stm32 f303
  • 16mbit -> 2megabyte storage
  • Barometer
  • Spektrum satellite port (Connector not included)
  • MPU6050 accelerometer/gyro
  • 36x36mm board with 30.5mm mounting holes (Same as CC3D, Naze32)
  • 5.4g
  • MicroUSB socket
  • Dedicated connector for WS2811-style LEDs
  • Operates on Cleanflight

RMRC Seriously Dodo Flight Controller - $49.99

RMRC Dodo setup LED, PPM and Telemetry (10 min 2 sec)

RMRC Dodo Blue tooth setup (1 min 56 sec)

For those having trouble with their buzzer, this may help:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeblodS
On my setup, since the Rx is powered by the Dodo, when I connect it using USB and the Tx isn't on, I have a faulty Tx buzz.

I solved it with "set beeper_off_flags = 4", maybe this will help someone in the same case as me.
Last edited by McSkies; Feb 10, 2016 at 02:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2015, 11:37 AM
In stock and ready to go. Awesome!
Jun 17, 2015, 11:58 AM
subbed
Jun 17, 2015, 12:13 PM
Guess Who's Back? :D
Sub'd
Jun 17, 2015, 12:32 PM
16 mbit != 4 megabyte

I like that you have the regulator on board. no more ubec. A on board buzzer would have made it even sweeter.
Jun 17, 2015, 01:17 PM
So why dont they just have an LC filter on board too? Also, it takes 2-6S input? Does that mean it'll monitor batt voltage and spit it out from the telemetry port to OSDs?
Jun 17, 2015, 01:31 PM
So what firmware does it use, the SP as it has the F3 proc?
Jun 17, 2015, 01:49 PM
cleanflight supports the f3.
Jun 17, 2015, 02:28 PM
Yeah, we know that. You have to use the correct firmware for the board, IE the Sparky code (F3) will not work on the Naze..
So what firmware will it use? the SP?
Jun 17, 2015, 02:36 PM
The obvious direct mockery of Dominic's company: 'Seriously Pro' is a direct insult to Dominic, especially after stating support of Cleanflight.
Jun 17, 2015, 03:07 PM
WOW.. What a crock of crap. This will hurt MO and Dom's effort. Months of testing and refining just to get knocked off in such a short window. I for one will not be supporting this board!
Jun 17, 2015, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
The obvious direct mockery of Dominic's company: 'Seriously Pro' is a direct insult to Dominic, especially after stating support of Cleanflight.
A tease maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfreak
WOW.. What a crock of crap. This will hurt MO and Dom's effort. Months of testing and refining just to get knocked off in such a short window. I for one will not be supporting this board!
Dominic's board was/is the very opposite of Serious, Pro, or Racing. I figured the name had to be an intentional ironic jest...until folks seemed to be taking it seriously. He set himself up for it at least, choosing such a grandiose title. I don't care how much time and effort when into that board...the result is simply expensive and impractical.

The DoDo lays bare everything the Serious Pro Racing F3 faltered on. Not only did those faults make the SPR F3 board a nightmare to use, fragile and thus unreliable, they also make it costly to produce. A double sided board with probably $10 in JST-SH connector housings alone?

It's funny...I sent Dominic my feedback/FC wishlist just yesterday...and I wake up to find the DoDo board announced that checks off nearly everything on my (long, detailed) list. I think my only real nit-pick is that the UART headers don't match the standard pinouts of MinimOSD, OpenLog, etc so you can't stack them directly on header pins.

The SPR F3 looks like a board built by a software hacker: A huge emphasis on "features" and "power" with almost zero attention to usability.
Jun 17, 2015, 03:23 PM
don't want to hurt Dominic's efforts but the SPF3 is essentially a Sparky with lots of JST connectors and a hefty price tag.
Listen to the old podcast that He was on, Sounded like we wanted to use the Sparky and add some features and that is basically what He did.
Jun 17, 2015, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
Calm down... This is healthy competition.

Let the market choose which board they prefer and the loser should adopt the principles of the winner with additional improvements. Or, the loser can sit around being upset by this and therefore shouldn't be in this business to begin with.
Jun 17, 2015, 03:26 PM
I gotta admit I like the connectors on this board WAY more than the sp3.

But I keep reading the name of this one as DooDoo.

Quick Reply