Jun 16, 2015, 06:13 PM
Thread OP
Help!

FT009 not working!

Hi. I just purchased a FT009 boat and it will not work. I plug the battery in...put it in the water...the servo calibrates ( rudder moves a little ). I then turn on the transmitter....red light on and green flashes, then goes solid. That's it...it does nothing. Please help!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2015, 07:16 PM
it might just be your timing --so try this :lug in the battery last

1. turn on the transmitter
2. quickly plug in the battery BEFORE the flashing goes solid
Jun 16, 2015, 09:22 PM
Thread OP
I will give this a try and let you know.
Sep 15, 2015, 01:25 PM
Cobra69

Ft009

That Works for me great thank you,I was having trouble getting them both going now they work 👍🏼
Oct 08, 2015, 11:05 PM
Arr pieces of foam me hearties

throttle trim problem

Hi I have a different problem, I have a Atomic bolt boat which seems to be identical to the FT009. When I put it in the water it takes off at ~1/2 throttle (lowest throttle trim setting). Only stops when you pull it from the water or if you push the controller trigger fully forward. Somehow the throttle trim has gone haywire, never used to do this. Any ideas?

thanks
Kwaz
Oct 09, 2015, 12:40 AM
Kid at heart..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaziithepirate
Hi I have a different problem, I have a Atomic bolt boat which seems to be identical to the FT009. When I put it in the water it takes off at ~1/2 throttle (lowest throttle trim setting). Only stops when you pull it from the water or if you push the controller trigger fully forward. Somehow the throttle trim has gone haywire, never used to do this. Any ideas?

thanks
Kwaz
you need to recalibrate the remote with the esc.
Oct 09, 2015, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangtheman
you need to recalibrate the remote with the esc.
Um OK,,,,no idea how to do that. Do I need to open the back box in the nose section and presumably get something that can be used to programme the ESC.?
Oct 09, 2015, 07:36 PM
Kid at heart..
Most esc can be recalibrate via the remote. Look in the instruction manual if there is one. I am unsure of exactly which esc is in your boat, but most esc can be calibrated by the following.

1- Turn off boat
2- Turn on remote
3- Hold tigger full throttle
4- Stay away from prop
5- Turn on Esc while holding throttle
6- You should hear a few beeps confirming it read the full throttle
7- Let go of throttle to neutral
8- Esc should beep to let you know it read neutral and then arms itself
9- Turn everything off and on again and test

I don't know if this will work for your specific esc, but this is usually how most boat esc are calibrated to remote throttle. Worth a try, but just stay away from prop in case this is not how you esc works and the prop spins full throttle.

Do a search on you tube to see if there are calibration instructions for your boat.
Nov 07, 2015, 06:31 AM
my motor will not work and it makes sparks
Nov 07, 2015, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know how to bind a new Rx when it's installed in the FT009 boat. Mine burn't up so I ordered and installed a new one but I don't know how to get it to bind to the TX! All I can get is a flashing light on the Rx/esc, seems like the Rx & Tx want to hook up but maybe they're waiting for me to do something.
Last edited by helinut4ever; Nov 09, 2015 at 06:21 AM.
Nov 09, 2015, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangtheman
Most esc can be recalibrate via the remote. Look in the instruction manual if there is one. I am unsure of exactly which esc is in your boat, but most esc can be calibrated by the following.

1- Turn off boat
2- Turn on remote
3- Hold tigger full throttle
4- Stay away from prop
5- Turn on Esc while holding throttle
6- You should hear a few beeps confirming it read the full throttle
7- Let go of throttle to neutral
8- Esc should beep to let you know it read neutral and then arms itself
9- Turn everything off and on again and test

I don't know if this will work for your specific esc, but this is usually how most boat esc are calibrated to remote throttle. Worth a try, but just stay away from prop in case this is not how you esc works and the prop spins full throttle.

Do a search on you tube to see if there are calibration instructions for your boat.
Thanks for the advice, Given the boat is water activated before it does anything do I need to have it sitting in the water when I do this? Anticpate getting very wet....

thanks
Kwaz
Apr 07, 2019, 04:24 PM

What do I do know

I tried out the solution when you plug in the battery right before the green light goes solid, but that didnít work. Please help
Apr 07, 2019, 10:14 PM
Just Plane Nutts
FT009 binds every operation.

Plug in the boat battery
Place in the water to activate safety motor circuit
Then RIGHT AWAY turn on the transmitter to bind and operated, no delay.
Jun 02, 2019, 05:55 PM

A strange question about ft009

Yesterday I play my new ft009 to stream,it is normal just started.The boat turn over upside and backside,it is very normal.
But it suddenly no control....motor cannot work to forward?? I try it turn over upside and backside once again is OK,but it still cannot forward then?
So,it was going by the current.....Can you know why that??

Quick Reply