Jan 14, 2020, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucsar
Hi, I know this question will be answered but the thread is very long. I just ordered a k989 and I think there is a piece that tends to break soon, (dogbone?). Can someone pass me a link to that piece? Help a newbie, please.
These will break....
https://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-128-...1343436201503E
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2020, 06:30 PM
Hello
I received my k989 yesterday.
The front transmission shaft seems to be missing a pin so it it is a 3wd.. Any advice on the replacement part, do you know of any place stocking part in Europe. Banggood will take 3 months to ship it...

Last I am a bit surprise to see that the car is powered from the balance lead,is that common?
Antoine
Jan 15, 2020, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoine
do you know of any place stocking part in Europe. Banggood will take 3 months to ship it...
I am based in Ireland myself and been hunting for a place stocking parts in the EU but no luck...
Amazon fr or co.uk use 3rd parties based in China... Takes pretty much as long as banggood for shipping...
I broke one of my upper swing arm yesterday, have to wait weeks to get the part (which banggood doesn't stock by the way... Only the metal version that doesn't fit properly).

The only 1/28 car with parts I found in the EU is the mini-z...

You might have to bite the bullet and pay for quick shipping from banggood!
Jan 16, 2020, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
What motor are you using? Many motor get really hot. Leopard, Scorpion, Surpass (with grip tyres) these are the ones I've tried and they are pretty hot especially Scorpion.
The scorpion is ridiculously hot. =D
But it's ridiculously faster than anything else I tried for this small thing.
Jan 16, 2020, 11:12 AM
Low budget fun
Well, Scorpion is sort of designed for 5-6.6V from Mini-Z era.
Jan 20, 2020, 02:45 PM
Hello
Tried to search in thread, but did't found any information.
I would like to fit wider an bit bigger tire, to gain bit more clearance for pavement.
Can i fit Wltoys 1/24 wheels on K989?
Or i have to use bigger rim which I can print on my p3dprinter but use 1/24 tyre?
Jan 21, 2020, 03:21 AM
Low budget fun
The wheels from 1/24 won't fit. The hole is too big. However the tyres will.
You can print your own wheel and put any tyre you want on it. Hole is the same size as Mini-Z AWD and Buggy, that should help you narrow your search.
You can also get wheels from P929 (monster truck version of this car), it'll give you more ground clearance.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32908575187.html
Jan 24, 2020, 04:09 PM
I understand the shock towers wont allow the P1 mini z body to fit, but what about this Lexan GL racing lexan body? Has anybody tried one?
http://gl-racing.com/store/mini-car-...-wb-p-177.html
Jan 24, 2020, 05:37 PM
Low budget fun
I've seen some people use GL Lexan on WLtoys for racing so yes, it'll work.
Otherwise you can always lower the front shock towers.
How to Use Mini-Z Body with WLtoys 1/28 [Budget Touring Car Stage 6] (10 min 22 sec)
Jan 27, 2020, 02:45 PM
Quote:
I've seen some people use GL Lexan on WLtoys for racing so yes, it'll work.
Otherwise you can always lower the front shock towers.
https://youtu.be/-gCJEXXWBEo
I did watch that one! as well as the one to *attempt* to lower the drivetrain friction! Such great videos, very much appreciated.

I want to order those wheels, just want to make sure 1.5 offset narrow and 0 offset wide are correct and won't rub. Is that correct?

/EDIT, nevermind, I realize that depends on the body.
Last edited by tware; Jan 27, 2020 at 03:29 PM.
Jan 29, 2020, 11:04 AM
Anyone got any suggestions for a brushless ESC without brake functions?
My current ESC is pissing me off =D
Jan 29, 2020, 11:22 AM
Low budget fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by watthehuh
Anyone got any suggestions for a brushless ESC without brake functions?
My current ESC is pissing me off =D
Not sure why would you want to do that, if you go from forward to reverse directly you will strip gear off your drivetrain and gear box.
You can look at BLheli compatible 3D drone ESC. It can be programmed to not brake at all. And say good bye to your cogs.
Jan 29, 2020, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Not sure why would you want to do that, if you go from forward to reverse directly you will strip gear off your drivetrain and gear box.
You can look at BLheli compatible 3D drone ESC. It can be programmed to not brake at all. And say good bye to your cogs.
You have a point there.
My ezrun takes some time to recover after reversing before i can go forward again, it has a yellow light when it just sits there and pause for like a second after i reverse.

Broken ESC perhaps?
Jan 30, 2020, 05:09 AM
Low budget fun
That's normal for EZrun. It takes a while to engage reverse. It'll work better after you throttle.
Jan 30, 2020, 09:06 AM
Quote:
That's normal for EZrun. It takes a while to engage reverse. It'll work better after you throttle.
Thanks Beaver.
But I think I'll start testing around some ESCs available locally. Not much available that are small in size.

Side note, found out one of the cups on my one way diff is slightly larger causing one side to spin more smoothly than the other.
=D
Last edited by watthehuh; Jan 30, 2020 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply