May 14, 2019, 11:15 PM

1st micro

Does anyone have Tips for drifting on concrete garage? im new to this, and my k969 will be here tomorrow. My empty garage space is 10x20 ft for a track.

Thank you in advance
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2019, 12:37 AM
Low budget fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptex
Does anyone have Tips for drifting on concrete garage? im new to this, and my k969 will be here tomorrow. My empty garage space is 10x20 ft for a track.

Thank you in advance
Move the ball head on the servo to upper hole.
Don't apply too much throttle, try short burst first to let the car slide.
Practice donut and figure of 8, they will help you understand how to control the car.
May 17, 2019, 03:45 AM
Hi guys, Beaver I have ordered center gear set for mini z buggy as you suggested will it be a direct fit into my k989 or will it need modifications..... Thank you
May 17, 2019, 04:24 AM
Low budget fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by tec9
Hi guys, Beaver I have ordered center gear set for mini z buggy as you suggested will it be a direct fit into my k989 or will it need modifications..... Thank you
I think you'll need a lot of mod to get Mini-Z buggy gear fitted in WLtoys since the bearing might be different size and housing is different too. The other way is cut the WLtoys gear and put Buggy shaft in directly.
May 18, 2019, 01:38 AM
Hello guys, do you know what pitch Wltoys pinions have?
May 18, 2019, 05:41 AM
Low budget fun
0.5 pitch
May 18, 2019, 02:08 PM
Thanks mate! try to looking for pinion with grub screw instead of press fit.
May 18, 2019, 03:35 PM
Low budget fun
3Racing comes to rescue.
https://www.3racing-parts.com/kyosho...-10002205.html
May 19, 2019, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW318TI
Thanks mate! try to looking for pinion with grub screw instead of press fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
Another alternative is Robinson Racing makes 2mm bore 0.5 mod gears that will fit the 130 motor for these cars.
May 19, 2019, 02:52 PM
Thanks for great helps friends!
May 20, 2019, 01:23 PM
Hello ! I have owned my p929 about 3 months now. Done some smaller mods too. Like stronger servo and some metal parts. I ordered 5700kv leopard motor with ezrun 18A esc. Is 5700 enough power ?
And is somewhere available metal pinion and other gears for p929 ? (i got p929 full metal ball diffs too) but im afraid that other plastic gears cant handle brushless power and broke
Check out my ride on instagram @mini_rc_tuner

https://www.upload.ee/image/9989804/...D774E3127.jpeg
May 21, 2019, 04:02 PM
Low budget fun
The combination you pick is just right for this car. It's powerful enough to up the pinion a bit too if you want more speed.

There's no metal pinion except you mod it from something like this. https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10117288
You need a tool to cut the metal pinion too because it's too long.
Anyway, both centre pinions won't wear out that quickly if the gear mesh is good.
From the photos you've modded it to drift car so that won't strain the drivetrain too much. Actually I modded mine with plastic gear and it's holding up really well.
Well, if you go back to P929 monster truck spec then they will wear out quicker.

px. Nice BMW body. It has become rare now so be sure to treasure it.

Edit: I forgot to mention you should use some glue like antenna fixing glue to apply at the base where the wires are coming out of the motor so they won't break. The wires are extremely fragile.
Last edited by Beaver_XT; May 21, 2019 at 04:37 PM.
May 22, 2019, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
The combination you pick is just right for this car. It's powerful enough to up the pinion a bit too if you want more speed.

There's no metal pinion except you mod it from something like this. https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10117288
You need a tool to cut the metal pinion too because it's too long.
Anyway, both centre pinions won't wear out that quickly if the gear mesh is good.
From the photos you've modded it to drift car so that won't strain the drivetrain too much. Actually I modded mine with plastic gear and it's holding up really well.
Well, if you go back to P929 monster truck spec then they will wear out quicker.

px. Nice BMW body. It has become rare now so be sure to treasure it.

Edit: I forgot to mention you should use some glue like antenna fixing glue to apply at the base where the wires are coming out of the motor so they won't break. The wires are extremely fragile.
Thanks for good information . I didnt know the bmw body is rare :O got it from ebay i hope the brushless system fits under it .
May 23, 2019, 02:35 AM
Low budget fun
It'll fit. Just don't bend the motor wires too much.
May 23, 2019, 08:52 PM
Maybe you are interested? Aloy chassis.
https://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-Seco...r_warehouse=CN

Quick Reply