Jan 19, 2019, 03:12 PM
Low budget fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW318TI
Yeah I have that motor for a while now. Too bad micro sensored esc's are way too overpriced!
Sooo not worth, for extra feature that is just for ......? showing off?
Sensor makes the motor smooth. That's it. It might be useful for serious racer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakosa
Ohh, my design is not working. the servo arm and steering rod can hit. So I have to plan new design.
Regarding the motor upgrade, my car is very fast with new soft tires, so I will upgrade tx instead of the motor. I like a 4ch radiolink with gyro and many features. What do you think about this tx?
From the look of it the bell crank is a bit too thick.
As for the Tx, Radiolink is the best under 150 USD. If you want something more than this at least it has to be Sanwa MT-S.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2019, 03:54 PM
Keep going mate, looks great your mods!
Jan 19, 2019, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
Sensor makes the motor smooth. That's it. It might be useful for serious racer.
Yeah I agree, for me as basher, no need for smooth ride at low speed
Jan 19, 2019, 06:13 PM
This solution has more issues. Maybe I should raise the structure. This arm can turn under the servo arm, but the balls of the linkage will hit with them. Otherwise the other side is perfect.
Sawna is not fit for my budget project. ��
Jan 19, 2019, 08:49 PM
Low budget fun
Unless you want to get a semi-pro transmitter, Radiolink is your best choice.
Jan 19, 2019, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakosa
Can anyone tell me what the weight of the car is for the factory?
For my p929 that just arrived.... 174.2g all up (with body/battery). 145.1g just the chassis and wheels. I imagine k989 would be a bit lighter.

Just in case anyone else is thinking of ordering one I also got a JJRC Q35 at the same time. Kind of disappointed that contrary to some of the things I'd read earlier in this thread almost none of the parts are cross-compatible between the P929 and Q35. They use a different wheel mount so can't swap wheels or cvds. Wheel bearing size is different so knuckles aren't swappable. Diff bearings (ID and OD) are different so diffs can't easily be swapped. The list goes on...

Some things are nicer on the Q35, some nicer on the P929. The chassis are extremely similar in appearance and look to have some parts that might work on either. I'll try to write up a more extensive review and list which parts can be swapped in the next few days.
Jan 20, 2019, 10:20 AM
Low budget fun
Thanks for the heads up. What made me think that it would cross compatible because I read it off some groups in Facebook.
Jan 20, 2019, 01:08 PM
That is the mod of this day.
I have connected my arduino to modify steering angle. It is working. My gyro limits the angle depending on the speed.
Jan 20, 2019, 01:15 PM
Thanks, I am curious too!
Jan 20, 2019, 09:11 PM
Hi All - I have to admit I didn't do my homework when I purchased the K989 Rally Car - I figured a rally car would be good for semi rough surfaces, but this thing can't even get a grip on medium height carpet, and has super low ground clearance. I see now that I probably should have purchased the P929 Monster truck version.

Since I already have the K989, what are my options to increase ground clearance, or at least getting wider tires to better handle carpet in the house. I'd also like to run it on my country road, which is paved -- just not very well, so I'd also like to increase ground clearance, even if only by a few millimeters.

If I would purchase the P929 tires, I'm guessing they would rub on my current canopy. Would the p929 canopy mount on the K989 without too much struggle? Do I need to worry about gear ratios if I switch to the larger tires?
Jan 21, 2019, 01:12 AM
You need these parts, or this conversion kit.
You can see p929 wheels on k989, but you have to cut it for that.
Jan 21, 2019, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnottus
For my p929 that just arrived.... 174.2g all up (with body/battery). 145.1g just the chassis and wheels. I imagine k989 would be a bit lighter.

Just in case anyone else is thinking of ordering one I also got a JJRC Q35 at the same time. Kind of disappointed that contrary to some of the things I'd read earlier in this thread almost none of the parts are cross-compatible between the P929 and Q35. They use a different wheel mount so can't swap wheels or cvds. Wheel bearing size is different so knuckles aren't swappable. Diff bearings (ID and OD) are different so diffs can't easily be swapped. The list goes on...

Some things are nicer on the Q35, some nicer on the P929. The chassis are extremely similar in appearance and look to have some parts that might work on either. I'll try to write up a more extensive review and list which parts can be swapped in the next few days.
I found the same thing - hoping for more parts interchangeability. Upper and lower suspension arms are also longer than K989. I now have Q35, A242 and K989. The Q35 fits right in the middle in terms of size (overall and for the parts) which means that A2x2 series parts are too big for the Q35 as well. The Q35 does have very smooth diffs and a cover for the gears which is nice.
Jan 21, 2019, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelspangler
Hi All - I have to admit I didn't do my homework when I purchased the K989 Rally Car - I figured a rally car would be good for semi rough surfaces, but this thing can't even get a grip on medium height carpet, and has super low ground clearance. I see now that I probably should have purchased the P929 Monster truck version.

Since I already have the K989, what are my options to increase ground clearance, or at least getting wider tires to better handle carpet in the house. I'd also like to run it on my country road, which is paved -- just not very well, so I'd also like to increase ground clearance, even if only by a few millimeters.

If I would purchase the P929 tires, I'm guessing they would rub on my current canopy. Would the p929 canopy mount on the K989 without too much struggle? Do I need to worry about gear ratios if I switch to the larger tires?
I ordered and installed P929 wheels and had to cut the canopy quite a bit to fit. Looks good with larger wheels and increased ground clearance helps. I haven't had problems with the gears. Problem is going back to regular wheels with cut-down body - so much cut down that it doesn't look much like a car anymore. More like the body shop forgot to put the quarter panels back on. There are some photos earlier in this thread showing P929 wheels with K989 body. Maybe you could save a bit if you just order a second k989 canopy (to be cut down) for use with the bigger wheels.
Jan 22, 2019, 01:53 PM
Which is the best micro rc touring and drift car and why? Atomic? Mini-z?
I hate the mini-z, because it has unrealistic supspension. Kyosho bodies is very nice, but hard plastic. K989 is realistic, but very poor quality and budget. That's why I chose this.
I think that Atomic is the best but too expensive for me. What do you think about that?
Jan 22, 2019, 02:09 PM
Sorry, K989 is "realistic".
It has upper and lower supspension arm.
The steering geometry as the horse-drawn carriage.

Quick Reply