Dec 15, 2017, 01:51 PM
Low budget fun
Handmade!? OK... that's even more awesome.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2017, 09:27 PM
Hey guys, ordered a buggy & truggy version since last post. I also ordered carbon fiber chassis setup, carbon fiber front & rear shock towers, metal front & rear knuckles, front & rear ball diffs, A212 1/24 tires, jjrc 35 rims & tires, A212 steering servo, jjrc 35 shocks, Hobbywing 16bl30 with leapard 5700kv, + few extras. Was thinking 9000kv but figured not a good idea since umbrella gears, pinion, & spur a plastic. Got to experiment with some gears from mini q or something. Thanks for info about 1/24 Losi shocks yapuka, I'm gonna order a pair & see how they fit with carbon fiber towers. These have 2 shock mounts & play up & down with the 3 mounting holes. I do not like how the stock electronics work with this truck. I will be adding I think it's a sr3000 spectrum receiver to work with my DX3 TX for now til I upgrade that. DX3 I'm happy with for along time now but it only holds 3 models. Wish they had a hack for that. Yapuka, ur shock posts are awesome, I wish I new how you did them & what tools you used. Moved the ball stud on servo saver to outer hole for better steering & am gonna try the 1 from A222 1/24 to see if it fits & if it gives more steering. The mini q saver was out of stock. Will report back as parts come in.
Last edited by 99jimse; Dec 17, 2017 at 12:44 PM.
Dec 16, 2017, 05:10 AM
Thanks guys . But I think that you overestimate my talent.

All you need is:

2. Aluminium sheet (1.5 mm) and tools.

And some time later.

5. The size of this part is 5x5x18. Diameter 3 for mounting post.
Dec 16, 2017, 05:26 AM
As the front and the rear support are the same, I cut and pierce the 2 parts in one time (2 sheets one on the other).
You can also use carbon fiber instead of aluminum. It's almost the same thing but you need to wear a nasal protection agains the carbon dust.
Dec 16, 2017, 07:59 AM
99jimse: I don't know the JJRC parts, it's a good thing if you can test. Regarding the brushless conversion, I did this mod on my k969. It's not a drift car anymore. I installed a Trackstar 25A ESC, a motor B2030 4890 kv and a HK rx to bind with my FS GT3C. At the beginning I replaced the differentials by those of the k989. That was not bad and the dif are stong enough. Now I have put balls dif (from WLtoys.com) and it's much more easy to drive, a lot softer when the power comes... The only one thing that bothers me is the strong drag brake, stronger than the brushed motor.

Take care, you will probably have to increase the size of this cut, my 2030 brushless is longer than the brushed. And due to the motor diameter, the range of gearings is limited.

With the body.

Dec 16, 2017, 10:57 AM
Looks cool! Great job!
Dec 16, 2017, 07:40 PM
Wow what body is that yapuka? It's perfect on ur setup. The carbon fiber shock towers I ordered look very much like urs. But if urs are bigger & the carbon 1s can't fit the 1/24 scale shocks, I will try to copy ur procedure. Thanks for showing how you did it & the tools. I definitly have the tools. I'm building this car & my a979b Vortex at the same time. I have no self control lol.
Last edited by 99jimse; Dec 16, 2017 at 08:02 PM.
Dec 16, 2017, 11:08 PM
Hi guys, need some help with a pinion gear. I am trying to set up a brushless system but not sure how to find out what "type" of pinion gear I need. The plastic pinion to the left is the original and the brass one on the right is something that I have but as you can see they are not the same. I am guessing it's the 'pitch'. I need a 15-19T pinion with a 2mm shaft, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Dec 16, 2017, 11:53 PM
I've read ever page & I don't recall 1 person writing what pinion or spur gear their using making me guess it's 1 of the gears that came new with the car/truck. Hope some1 chimes in on this too
Dec 17, 2017, 03:37 AM
Low budget fun
If you're looking for 15-19T, WL has it's own part no. K989-32. https://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-K989...r_warehouse=CN
But of course it's always out of stock.

Kyosho also has an answer for that. Just look at the part number MD006.
15-21T pinion set (with some spurs) http://rc.kyosho.com/en/md006.html
Banzaihobby sells it. http://banzaihobby.com/Kyosho-MD006

3Racing also got some aluminium gears.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-AWD...4383.l4275.c10

This car uses what I call "standard" gear because I use this kind of pitch since my Mini 4WD days.
Dec 17, 2017, 04:01 AM
For the 3Racing pinions would you happen to know what is the size of the shaft that it will accept?
Dec 17, 2017, 04:06 AM
Thank you SilbernerSurfer and 99jimse . And this mod has cost nothing . The disc brake and the exhauss come from a toy, the rear wing is homemade.
Dec 17, 2017, 04:12 AM
bluem6, you can also find what you look for on HobbyKing. A lot of the Turnigy TZ4 parts fit.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/cars-bik...car-parts.html
Dec 17, 2017, 05:19 AM
I do not know what size of pinion and main gear you want to put but as I said before, the range of gearings is limited. For exemple, on my Mini-Q Slash, the stock couple is 17T/29T. With 29T I have tried a 15T pinion but that not fits. It's not allowed by the motor mount and the motor rubs on the drive shaft. There is more clearance on the wltoys, due to another motor position but the motor mount has to be a little bit modified to handle smaller pinions.
Dec 17, 2017, 07:17 AM
Low budget fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluem6
For the 3Racing pinions would you happen to know what is the size of the shaft that it will accept?
2mm
They are for Mini-Z so they are for 130 motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapuka
I do not know what size of pinion and main gear you want to put but as I said before, the range of gearings is limited. For exemple, on my Mini-Q Slash, the stock couple is 17T/29T. With 29T I have tried a 15T pinion but that not fits. It's not allowed by the motor mount and the motor rubs on the drive shaft. There is more clearance on the wltoys, due to another motor position but the motor mount has to be a little bit modified to handle smaller pinions.
Put a spacer on the motor screw in the side that's close to the drive shaft. The motor will angle out a bit leaving you just enough space for 15T.

Quick Reply