Thread Tools
Jun 16, 2015, 12:04 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Discussion

Wltoys 1/28


Has any body saw the new wltoys 1/28 series?
Short course: http://m.banggood.com/Wltoy-K999-128...-p-980186.html
Beetle: http://m.banggood.com/WLtoys-P939-12...-p-980188.html
Rally Car: http://m.banggood.com/Wltoys-K989-12...-p-980187.html
Drift : http://m.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_197346.html
Monster truck: http://m.tmart.com/WLtoys-P929-2.4G-...e_p330404.html
Buggy: http://m.tmart.com/WLtoys-K979-2.4G-...d_p330401.html
They have a metal chassis or at least metal skid plate and also have a removable 2s Lipo and are 4wd. Maybe other versions but I haven't found them yet. Looking at a picture of the box in the link to the drift version, it appears there is also a monster truck and a buggy.
Last edited by hunterhoward23; Jul 21, 2015 at 08:20 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2015, 02:24 PM
Buggy in style
i like the chassis. Now if they would make this chassis for their 1/18 scale.
Jun 16, 2015, 04:20 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX
i like the chassis. Now if they would make this chassis for their 1/18 scale.
It looks like a pretty good design. Maybe they will update the 1/18 series soon.
Jun 17, 2015, 07:35 PM
Registered User
They have the same looking controller with their A959, maybe they have the same protocol? If they sell a BNF version, although I doubt it, it'd be great $$ saver too.

Also I want larger wheels and tires for more clearance from the ground.
Jun 22, 2015, 02:16 AM
Registered User
Banggood has confirmed the controllers use same protocol with A959.
Jun 29, 2015, 08:46 PM
Professional crasher
Can a K989 use the Q3 or Q5 wheels and then be a drift car??
Jun 30, 2015, 02:19 AM
TS Banggood RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalera
Can a K989 use the Q3 or Q5 wheels and then be a drift car??
Yes, most of the parts are compatible.
Jul 09, 2015, 04:58 AM
Registered User
Bogest76's Avatar
Some question for k969

It's ready for drift? I mean with a fow and drift tires?
Can it fit with kyosho/atomic option part?
Jul 09, 2015, 09:07 PM
TS Banggood RC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogest76
Some question for k969

It's ready for drift? I mean with a fow and drift tires?
Can it fit with kyosho/atomic option part?
It comes as a touring car, you need to buy drift tires yourself. The construction is different from mini z, so many parts are not compatible. You may consider mini Q, it's compatible with mini z, and parts are available.
http://www.banggood.com/buy/Mini-q-1-28.html
Jul 09, 2015, 11:28 PM
Registered User
Bogest76's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin
It comes as a touring car, you need to buy drift tires yourself. The construction is different from mini z, so many parts are not compatible. You may consider mini Q, it's compatible with mini z, and parts are available.
http://www.banggood.com/buy/Mini-q-1-28.html
but i like the k969 chassis
Jul 15, 2015, 11:49 PM
Technomancer
valiantGLX's Avatar
I just ordered the K999 from Gearbest.com, it was the cheapest I could find. At the moment it's 51% off, at only $50.

I thought I'd give one a try for some micro FPV or something
Last edited by valiantGLX; Aug 02, 2015 at 10:25 PM.
Jul 16, 2015, 06:18 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
I just ordered the K999 from Gearbest.com, it was the cheapest I could find. At the moment it's 51% off, at only $50.

I thought I'd give one a try for some micro FPV or something
I've got one coming from there too! I might try the same thing lol. By the way they have the kd summit for $28 bucks right now too. I'm about to buy one of those lol.
Jul 19, 2015, 11:35 PM
Registered User
I've been eyeing the mini rally cars. Should I save a little more and just get a Losi Micro Rally Brushless or jump on one of these?
Jul 20, 2015, 10:07 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasney
I've been eyeing the mini rally cars. Should I save a little more and just get a Losi Micro Rally Brushless or jump on one of these?
I'd like to have one of the Losi micro brushlesses too, but I cabt bring my self to spend that much on an Rc that's that small lol. I think these could be pretty fun, I'm still waiting on mine though. A lot of people like the losi 1/24 scales. You can find parts pretty easily and there are also quite a few upgrades. If I was going to get the brushless rally I'd look on eBay for a used one in good shape, there are usually several for sale on there at any time.
Jul 20, 2015, 08:28 PM
Technomancer
valiantGLX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasney
I've been eyeing the mini rally cars. Should I save a little more and just get a Losi Micro Rally Brushless or jump on one of these?
The losis are awesome, but they don't handle dirt and debris too well. The are better suited for indoors use. I'm hoping the wltoys k999 will handle dirt a bit better because of its open chassis. With my losi the closed chassis would fill up with dirt and small stones, which tear up the gears.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Wltoys K989 1:28 - dogbone fix, dif hub fix, videos bouzx6r Micro Cars 6 Dec 02, 2016 04:45 AM
Discussion 1/28 WLToys A999 mod Engan Micro Cars 0 Dec 13, 2015 03:22 AM