Oct 20, 2018, 05:37 PM
SJ, think the cowl will fit?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2018, 05:59 PM
SJ
SJ
Probably not

I will be installing my awesome saito 70.

A shame the 200ti is too long....
Dec 14, 2018, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone, thinking of buying this for my saito 91. everyone seems impressed except for the retracts. the eflight ones seem the go but are bloody expensive.
Is it worth the money ?
Dec 14, 2018, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjnginge
Hi everyone, thinking of buying this for my saito 91. everyone seems impressed except for the retracts. the eflight ones seem the go but are bloody expensive.
Is it worth the money ?
I will be using the ones from FMS 1700mm Corsair, but i have the Topflite 60 size ARF wich is the same size as this one i think.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FMS-...59684c4dhhiF0i
Dec 15, 2018, 06:11 AM
Thanks i will check those out
Dec 26, 2018, 10:15 AM
Just giving this thread a little bump. Santa delivered one of these to me this Christmas, and before I get building I was wondering if any new retract options have been worked out by the smart folks here.
Apr 02, 2019, 10:18 AM
Seems this thread is a goner, but in case anyone is building one (I just finished mine) they should know that Phoenix gives you an option for static gear now by way of some metal plates that sit in the rails and allow you to attach the oleos.

Also, expect the servo covers to be the wrong color. I had to get some ultracote and recover mine.

And good god, that took a LOT of weight to balance with a .46axii. Shame on me for not reading the reviews before. I think I would have shoehorned a .65 in had I known. Took over a pound of lead in the nose.

Phoenix list the high side of the flying weight at 7.4 lbs, mine came out to even porkier 7.6 when balanced at 85mm from the root. Yikes!
Apr 02, 2019, 12:48 PM
Well, change the engine then Put a 75 on it. 40 sized warbirds with 75s are a blast.
Apr 02, 2019, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelFoamnievel
Seems this thread is a goner, but in case anyone is building one (I just finished mine) they should know that Phoenix gives you an option for static gear now by way of some metal plates that sit in the rails and allow you to attach the oleos.

Also, expect the servo covers to be the wrong color. I had to get some ultracote and recover mine.

And good god, that took a LOT of weight to balance with a .46axii. Shame on me for not reading the reviews before. I think I would have shoehorned a .65 in had I known. Took over a pound of lead in the nose.

Phoenix list the high side of the flying weight at 7.4 lbs, mine came out to even porkier 7.6 when balanced at 85mm from the root. Yikes!
I am using a Rimfire 60 and a 5S 4000 LIPO. I had to add some nose weight (about 6-8 oz) to get the proper CG at 85mm from the root. Mine came in with an AUW of 7.62 lbs. She is not a bullet but it can go pretty fast at full throttle.
-Vic
Apr 02, 2019, 02:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelFoamnievel

I find a .46axii will be on the marginal side, especially in a piggy plane like this, I still have my Corsair, tried several engines (Saito 82, OS 91FS, Evo 10cc), so far the Evo 10cc is the best for this plane in terms of power ratio, although I prefer the four stroke sound for any warbird.
Apr 02, 2019, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryoakley
I find a .46axii will be on the marginal side, especially in a piggy plane like this, I still have my Corsair, tried several engines (Saito 82, OS 91FS, Evo 10cc), so far the Evo 10cc is the best for this plane in terms of power ratio, although I prefer the four stroke sound for any warbird.
How was the OS 91 FS? that looks like it would be too much motor for this plane.
-Vic
Apr 02, 2019, 03:37 PM
That engine is a joke in terms of power. I would worry about it being boring, not over powered.

If you want to have fun, put a 75ax or an old school Tower 75 on it. You won’t be disappointed.
Apr 02, 2019, 08:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyrc_vic
How was the OS 91 FS? that looks like it would be too much motor for this plane.
-Vic
The Saito82 and the OS91fs performed pretty much the same on this plane, more than enough power and the sound was veeery nice.... the good thing with this plane is the fact that the heavier the engine the less dead weight you have to put in the nose to meet the CG
Apr 03, 2019, 06:35 AM
[QUOTE=larryoakley;41552393]The Saito82 and the OS91fs performed pretty much the same on this plane, more than enough power and the sound was veeery nice.... the good thing with this plane is the fact that the heavier the engine the less dead weight you have to put in the nose to meet
Jul 12, 2019, 07:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryoakley
The Saito82 and the OS91fs performed pretty much the same on this plane, more than enough power and the sound was veeery nice.... the good thing with this plane is the fact that the heavier the engine the less dead weight you have to put in the nose to meet the CG
Tried last week a Saito 100, the biggest engine so far with a 14x7 3 blade prop....it is now looking like a real F-4U with a huge prop....very nice and lots of power, as I said before, I'm replacing the dead weight on the nose (lead) with power

Quick Reply