Dragon Flite 95 - Page 142 - RC Groups
Apr 16, 2017, 07:36 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
I had a skipper this weekend who had used Loctite to build a rig kit...

Just FYI

Loctite will burn through plastic parts...

please use CA or epoxy to bind plastic and carbon fiber parts
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2017, 03:52 PM

Another new DF95 USA Fleet / Madison Wisconsin!!

The Madison RC Sailing club is now forming a new DragonFlite 95 fleet with 13 boats on the way!

If you are in the Madison area make sure to check out their site at: http://madisonrcsailing.org/
Apr 24, 2017, 02:25 PM

How To Seal your DF95 Keel Trunk Assembly

DSNA Sealing the DF95 Keel Trunk (11 min 34 sec)
Apr 24, 2017, 04:59 PM
Thanks for posting this video!
Apr 24, 2017, 05:21 PM
Not sure I would be that happy if I had just spent out hundreds of pounds on a new boat then had to take it apart using a hammer to fix it.
Last edited by lazerb77; Apr 24, 2017 at 05:32 PM. Reason: .
Apr 24, 2017, 05:34 PM
"consumerwil"
... You're doing an improvement that will provide peace-of-mind that your boat won't fill with water in the middle of the place you sail ... on a boat that is a small fraction of an IOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerb77
Not sure I would be that happy if I had just spent out hundreds of pounds on a boat that I then had to take apart to fix!
Apr 24, 2017, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Not sure I would be that happy if I had just spent out hundreds of pounds on a new boat then had to take it apart using a hammer to fix it.
Seriously? You are amazing.. lazer, once again mastering the art of the thread troll...

the hammer is simply to tap the end of the screwdriver handle to easily get the screws to push down the bottom the the plastic keel oval so it comes apart easily, actually a very innovative design.

And once again you pure desire to waste everyone's time by NOT watching the video and putting out false information shows off your motives... for a guy who doesnt even own the boat... WHY ARE YOU POSTING IN THIS THREAD?!
Apr 24, 2017, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisoni1
... You're doing an improvement that will provide peace-of-mind that your boat won't fill with water in the middle of the place you sail ... on a boat that is a small fraction of an IOM.
NO worries Wilson, LazerB doesnt actually care , he just wants to create more BS like he does in every other thread he posts in...
Apr 24, 2017, 06:09 PM
Steve Landeau IOM USA 12
Quote:
It's not something you HAVE to do, either....
The boat "might" carry 20 grams or so of water in the trunk cavity, NOT in the hull. But lazerb doesnt own one so he need not worry anyway!
Apr 24, 2017, 10:47 PM
But does he have a lazer,i sailed one once.
Apr 25, 2017, 12:00 PM
Actually Windward, I watched upto 3 minutes of the tape, enough to see the hammer come out, I would advise people to place the boat on a piece of foam or a towel when using the hammer and not a cutting board.

I also had no idea that you had to own the product to have permission to post on the thread or did you just make this bit up? Who gave you the badge of 'forum police'?
Apr 25, 2017, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Actually Windward, I watched upto 3 minutes of the tape, enough to see the hammer come out, I would advise people to place the boat on a piece of foam or a towel when using the hammer and not a cutting board.

I also had no idea that you had to own the product to have permission to post on the thread or did you just make this bit up? Who gave you the badge of 'forum police'?
Ok guys, which will it be, gloves or hockey sticks. I will pay the airfare, you pick the location. Let's put an end to all this bickering once and for all
Apr 25, 2017, 12:49 PM
Nice one Fred, obviously being British it has to be Queensbury rules with gloves or duelling pistols at 10 paces. Windward will probably go for the verbal attack tactic though.
Apr 25, 2017, 12:59 PM
DF95 #55

Sealing DF95 trunk assembly

Even after sealing the trunk assembly, it is possible for a tiny amount of water to still enter the trunk cavity. It can be tricky to get a totally watertight bond particularly where the upper and lower black parts come together. Also, the parts may "move" a bit while under stress and create a tiny leak somewhere.
Therefore to prevent water from getting trapped in the cavity, consider sealing ONLY the bottom black part to the hull and sealing the two black parts together. You can leave the top black part unsealed from the hull top. This way, if any water does creep into the hull cavity, it can be removed by simply turning the boat upside down and allowing it to drain out of the cavity. Very little water will enter the cavity from the top deck except in those conditions where the deck becomes totally awash with water. Even then it is only a drop or two that creep in.
Consider this recommendation, because if the top and bottom are sealed, it is VERY difficult to separate the black parts from the hull later, after being sealed together.
Apr 25, 2017, 05:39 PM
I am just doing what is recommended by the DF Design team here Dick, pretty much step by step.

Many skippers have asked for this procedure, therefore we took the time to show how it is easily and quickly done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDragon
Even after sealing the trunk assembly, it is possible for a tiny amount of water to still enter the trunk cavity. It can be tricky to get a totally watertight bond particularly where the upper and lower black parts come together. Also, the parts may "move" a bit while under stress and create a tiny leak somewhere.
Therefore to prevent water from getting trapped in the cavity, consider sealing ONLY the bottom black part to the hull and sealing the two black parts together. You can leave the top black part unsealed from the hull top. This way, if any water does creep into the hull cavity, it can be removed by simply turning the boat upside down and allowing it to drain out of the cavity. Very little water will enter the cavity from the top deck except in those conditions where the deck becomes totally awash with water. Even then it is only a drop or two that creep in.
Consider this recommendation, because if the top and bottom are sealed, it is VERY difficult to separate the black parts from the hull later, after being sealed together.