Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 16, 2017, 06:13 PM
How or what are people using to paint these plasic hulls?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2017, 08:54 PM
DF95, DF65, & Victoria Skipper
Krylon for plastic works great. Soch Sails vinyl.
Mar 17, 2017, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gards View Post
Krylon for plastic works great. Soch Sails vinyl.
I have had excellent results with "Rustoleum"
Mar 17, 2017, 07:37 AM
Ok. I know of that stuff. I wasnt sure thats what people are actually using. Tks
Mar 17, 2017, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakwater View Post
How or what are people using to paint these plasic hulls?
I have found that if you paint the deck the hatch cover will pull the paint off the original surface when you remove it to charge the battery. I, therefore, don't recommend painting the deck, leave it original white. A two tone paint job looks better anyway
Mar 17, 2017, 11:57 PM
IBEX Lair, Cavalero Hill

Don't take the paint with the patch.

I forgot who told me this but it works OK for me. Smear a thin layer of wax on the deck before you install the patch. I use Turtle Wax and keep it in the tool bag in a lip balm dispenser.
Mar 18, 2017, 10:34 AM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
Hi guys, Just found this boat. Looks like a sweet way to go. Ive had a laser for years and enjoyed it. but would like to eventually get one like this. I dont have a much interest in racing as much as just a good performing machine that if the race thing changed i could. Im primarily a flyer, but sailing is a nice way to kick back. question, I see all these moded boats.. is the rts still good at what it does?
thanks.

ps. who ever posted the pics of the black sail rig that is outstanding!
Mar 18, 2017, 08:10 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!

New DF95 Fleet in North Carolina!

Congrats to the St.James Plantation Model Yacht Club ( AMYA #332) in North Carolina to the DragonFlite 95 USA Class!! http://sjpmyc.weebly.com/
There are 7 boats on the way with more to come soon!

If you are in North America and interested in getting the DF95 into your club or group, please email me at info@radiosailing.net
Mar 18, 2017, 10:43 PM

DF95 Asia Pacific Circuit

Now that the class is expanding in many of the countries in the region, we would like to make contact with any DF96 sailors. So far contact has been made with NZ, Japan and within Australia. The idea is to set up a calendar of events that traveling sailors may wish to attend. The long term aim is to run an Asia Pacific Championship some time in the future. Due to privacy issues here in Australia, HWH are unable to supply details of where and who they have sold boats to. We have tried to maintain an Australian data base of owners by asking owners to register their sail numbers. All Australian boats are sold with a serial number which forms their sail number. About half of the boats sold have registered, hence my request. So either post a reply or send me a PM and we will be in contact. Our group in Australia is made up of representatives from each state and are keen to compete with fellow sailors in our region. We are currently working on the formation of a DF Racing Australia Class Association, which will based on the UK model. We currently communicate with our owners through the df racing world web site
Mar 19, 2017, 02:34 PM
Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but I was wondering what everyone thinks about maybe a rule change proposal to allow for a small battery hatch along side the keel trunk, like the DF65 has. It does make sense to have a small patch just for battery changes and not have to deal with the big square patch during a regatta.
Mar 19, 2017, 05:13 PM
Steve,the 850 life bat, last all day. thats what l was using at St Aug at the practice IOM.

Bill
Mar 20, 2017, 09:07 AM
I am also experiencing winch creep, which, unfortunately, is sometimes not repeatable. Do the new winches shipped by dragon sailing have the same problem?
Mar 20, 2017, 02:59 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Mine will back off a bit after pulled in. I can adjust the TX end points to remove it on my X9505, - more difficult on the DX6i.

BP
Mar 20, 2017, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigman View Post
the 850 life bat, last all day. thats what l was using at St Aug at the practice IOM.

Bill
Practice and club racing no problem, but not changing batteries during race days will eventually come back and bite you.
Too many variables to chance that "last race of the day"... etc....
Batteries get changed at lunch or close to it... that will eliminate just one of the many things that can ruin a race day.
Mar 20, 2017, 11:45 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibldrc View Post
Practice and club racing no problem, but not changing batteries during race days will eventually come back and bite you.
Too many variables to chance that "last race of the day"... etc....
Batteries get changed at lunch or close to it... that will eliminate just one of the many things that can ruin a race day.
Thank god for voltage telemetry on radios, running out of batteries will never be an issue again