Jun 14, 2015, 06:14 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Dragon Flite 95

Dragon Flite 95 is the official name for this new boat. Looking forward to getting my hands on on. The Dragon Fire 65 thread no longer applies.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2015, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radsail
Dragon Flite 95 is the official name for this new boat. Looking forward to getting my hands on on. The Dragon Fire 65 thread no longer applies.
As the originator of the Dragon Fire thread you could have simply changed the title instead of starting yet another thread.
Last edited by The Enigma; Jun 14, 2015 at 06:37 PM.
Jun 14, 2015, 06:30 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enigma
As the originator of the Dragon Fire thread you cold have simply changed the title instead of starting yet another thread.
Couldn't find "Rename" in the " Thread tools"!
Jun 14, 2015, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radsail
Couldn't find "Rename" in the " Thread tools"!
I did it once to fix a spelling error, can't remember how though.
Jun 14, 2015, 06:44 PM
Gringo42
[QUOTE=The Enigma;31895499]I did it once to fix a spelling error, can't remember how though.[/QUOTE

Ok, what ever you want to call the thread,,,,, let's get on with it! It looks like a great extention to out sport! Let's make it work and promote it!
Jun 14, 2015, 06:53 PM
Gringo42
OMG,,,, where's Texas Chuck! Can't wait to see his comments!
Jun 14, 2015, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=Gringo42
Ok, what ever you want to call the thread,,,,, let's get on with it! It looks like a great extention to out sport! Let's make it work and promote it! [/QUOTE]

From looking at where you make posts it appears you have interest in the DF class and IOM class, no idea if you race them but you do makes comments on those Threads. So let me assume you have both of those boats.....which one will you want to see suffer from yet another RC sailboat. If you belong to a club will they add another class?
Jun 14, 2015, 07:17 PM
Gringo42
Quote:
From looking at where you make posts it appears you have interest in the DF class and IOM class, no idea if you race them but you do makes comments on those Threads. So let me assume you have both of those boats.....which one will you want to see suffer from yet another RC sailboat. If you belong to a club will they add another class?
Ok, yes I have a DF65 and a IOM BP, I race every week with the DMYC. Love the competition and comradely! If a new cost effective competive boat comes along and it increases the interest in our sport then bring it on! Change is good! With out it nothing happens!
Jun 14, 2015, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo42
Ok, yes I have a DF65 and a IOM BP, I race every week with the DMYC. Love the competition and comradely! If a new cost effective competive boat comes along and it increases the interest in our sport then bring it on! Change is good! With out it nothing happens!
Just one more comment on this subject which is not what this thread is about.

I looked up DMYC and see that you have Marblehead, IOM, DF, Soling and whatever a 1.7M is, all racing at you club. Which group or class do you think would stop sailing what they have in order to sail a new boat. Or would they add another race day for the new class?

I see that you call the DF65 an entry level class in your club, I certainly agree that is a good choice for a club to get people involved.

Interesting discussion but now back to waiting for the DF95. I'm pretty old so they had better hurry!
Jun 14, 2015, 07:54 PM
Gringo42
Quote:

I looked up DMYC and see that you have Marblehead, IOM, DF, Soling and whatever a 1.7M is, all racing at you club. Which group or class do you think would stop sailing what they have in order to sail a new boat. Or would they add another race day for the new class?

I see that you call the DF65 an entry level class in your club, I certainly agree that is a good choice for a club to get people involved.

Interesting discussion but now back to waiting for the DF95. I'm pretty old so they had better hurry!
We shall see where this new DF95 fits. Time will tell! Progress will prevail! Back to the new "95". Cheers!
Jun 14, 2015, 07:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

I want one for 73rd birthday in October!
Jun 14, 2015, 08:42 PM
Gringo42
Quote:

We shall see where this new DF95 fits. Time will tell! Progress will prevail! Back to the new "95". Cheers!
Jun 15, 2015, 05:56 AM
I have re-posted the original post to this new thread - John Tushingham is the main man behind the DF95 & he will publish a more comprehensive report on the new project shortly.

Hi guys

The name of the new yacht will be “DragonFlite 95”. We started the development last year and finished the initial prototype early this year. Trails went extremely well & we are very impressed with the performance in all wind conditions. We are now awaiting the first plastic prototypes from Joysway that should be with us later this month.

The class will a similar format to the DF65 – three rigs/sails & strict class rules. The emphasise is affordable, available, reliable sailing/racing & a fully supported product.

I respect the comments regarding the IOM but by the time you develop a design & then put it in production the yacht would be out of date. Also the IOM class is so complicated with over 26 pages of rules (and growing), alloy rigs & yachts requiring measuring.

As soon as we receive the prototypes from Joysway work will start on developing the rigs. As a guesstimate the yacht should be available later this year. As soon as we have any further information it will published.

Happy sailing - Mike
Last edited by Mike Weston; Jun 15, 2015 at 07:41 AM.
Jun 15, 2015, 07:39 AM
Please pass on to John - keep the internal electronics open to best price for performance and from open market suppliers.

Just a thought. Dick
Jun 15, 2015, 08:13 AM
To wet the appetite - initial prototype in action earlier this year

Quick Reply