This thread is privately moderated by Knoll53, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 13, 2015, 01:58 PM
Everything's A Composite
Thread OP
Discussion

Jet 29

Here is the current 48" wingspan x 60" long version.
Single fin
Higher aspect ratio wing with a wing strake
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2015, 09:49 AM
Herk
Sure looks like this one will fly a lot better than the small one.

Depending on how it's built, it may not need such a long nose.

Looking forward to the build --- H
Jun 19, 2015, 11:58 AM
Everything's A Composite
Thread OP
Yes the nose is way too long, I know. It is a half hearted attempt at PSS, some thing I rarely do. The fuse build is quite rough, even for me. The battery may be mounted at the rear of the hatch (wing TE). The entire nose forward of the wing hole is solid foam with only one layer of 4oz. glass, which seems plenty strong. Over the rear mounted servos, the fuse is hollowed out. At that point the fuse has a layer of 8oz glass and a layer of 4oz glass plus carbon tow which is way too floppy. I'll assembly all and build up as needed. Not concerned about weight.

Hopefully this one will fly well enough to survive without being super durable. It's a one piece plane and wing span will have to be reduced a bit to fit in the car.

Quick Reply