Jun 16, 2015, 10:44 PM
Hi Ben

I'm not applying to be a tester but am very interested in the plane. I have been flying your Penguin since it came out but am limited as to what I can do due to the limited space and weak tail.

Belly protection for me is not a concern as I intend to use the landing gear as outlined in the video.

I do have a question if you don't mind, Some of the planes coming from China come with so called carbon fiber reinforcements when in fact it's just a carbon fiber covered plastic or wood rod. I hope this would not be the case with the tail and wing reinforcement rods. Can you confirm the use of actual carbon fiber?

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atflying
Thanks for this and previous good suggestions.
what city are you in?
Could you please offer you Youtube video linkage to me if you are interested in

Best Regards
Ben
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2015, 11:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert55ca
Hi Ben

I'm not applying to be a tester but am very interested in the plane. I have been flying your Penguin since it came out but am limited as to what I can do due to the limited space and weak tail.

Belly protection for me is not a concern as I intend to use the landing gear as outlined in the video.

I do have a question if you don't mind, Some of the planes coming from China come with so called carbon fiber reinforcements when in fact it's just a carbon fiber covered plastic or wood rod. I hope this would not be the case with the tail and wing reinforcement rods. Can you confirm the use of actual carbon fiber?

Thank you
oh..oh.. Sorry, I login RCG today found some PM. clicked one but webpage down, when I reopen it , that PM disappeared. by the glimpse in seconds the RCG name looks like yours, So I supposed it's you. ignored this since you are busy.
so say to other guys don't PM me because it may disappeared.. Lol..

This is my first time to hear: wood or plastic covered with fiber, my manufacturing knowledge told me it's not cheap and cost lots of labor to cover fiber on plastic or woods. I think it's unwise to do that works.
Sure Carbon fiber

Best Regards
Ben
Jun 16, 2015, 11:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCleary.11
I would go with the red and cut out version if you want my opinion.
Hello Kelvin thanks for your input

RMRC will hold a festival at the Willard Ohio Airport in September 2015, hope you will take the Sabre to FPV'ers
Jun 17, 2015, 01:36 AM
Hi Ben

My X7 and another wing both had fake carbon, the one I found out when the plane cracked in half and the X7 I discovered after checking all my planes after the first one broke. Further investigation into the rods showed that they had simply taken a carbon sock and laminated it to a plastic tube. I was told by several others that both wood and plastic were on the market.

What ever the case, It's good to know that your plane will contain quality parts.

In watching the video of the front wheel suspension, I found myself wondering what load you were putting on it? It's quite an ingenious solution for simple suspension, My hat's off to the designer.

Thank you again and looking forward to ordering the Sabre when it becomes available.

Quote:
oh..oh.. Sorry, I login RCG today found some PM. clicked one but webpage down, when I reopen it , that PM disappeared. by the glimpse in seconds the RCG name looks like yours, So I supposed it's you. ignored this since you are busy.
so say to other guys don't PM me because it may disappeared.. Lol..

This is my first time to hear: wood or plastic covered with fiber, my manufacturing knowledge told me it's not cheap and cost lots of labor to cover fiber on plastic or woods. I think it's unwise to do that works.
Sure Carbon fiber

Best Regards
Ben
Jun 17, 2015, 02:03 AM
Glad you liked the idea of different colors.

I would opt for Yellow or red.
Jun 17, 2015, 07:13 AM
Thread OP
Seems most of the guys preferred colored one, please continue if anyone has different ideal, especial A or B shape? the A shape has already be came out with vacuum forming mold, but doesn't matter if indeed B shape is better we will consider to make a new vacuum forming mold for the B shape for mass production supply

today I spent most of the time to prepare the samples. because what I have is only the parts. even if the fuselage won't be pre-glued but still lots of works to do to assemble most of the functional parts, the more functions the more works to do. I will prepare those samples myself and don't want to miss any parts, it would be my fault if missing something when you unbox it , this is my works today just finished part of the fuselage today, will keep you guys informed of the progress ! ! continue tomorrow.

Best Regards
Ben
Jun 17, 2015, 08:05 AM
I think both belly armor will be requested by different pilots.
All depends if one will use down facing camera or not.
Jun 17, 2015, 10:00 AM
RMRC
Quote:
Seems most of the guys preferred colored one, please continue if anyone has different ideal, especial A or B shape? the A shape has already be came out with vacuum forming mold, but doesn't matter if indeed B shape is better we will consider to make a new vacuum forming mold for the B shape for mass production supply
I think that since you took the time to make a downward facing camera bay, that you shouldn't cover it with the plate.
Jun 17, 2015, 09:48 PM
I definitely agree. The protective plate with the cut out for the downward facing camera will allow the plane to fully reach it's potential.
Latest blog entry: Hangar Pics
Jun 18, 2015, 05:58 AM
Thread OP
Hello:
spectre909
schumixmd
smoothvirus

please email your info:
Shipping address (phone) in details and full name.
others I will talk with you guys via Email in details

You can find the email or Skype on our web page: http://www.finwinghobby.com/board.aspx
please email first, if you like skype, you can skype later

waiting for the feedback (video)from
Nixus
jhspring

Thanks
Ben
Jun 18, 2015, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Hello:
spectre909
schumixmd
smoothvirus

please email your info:

You can find the email or Skype on our web page: http://www.finwinghobby.com/board.aspx

Nixus
jhspring

Thanks
Ben
done!
Jun 18, 2015, 07:03 AM
Done

Quote:
Hello:
spectre909
schumixmd
smoothvirus

please email your info:

Nixus
jhspring

Thanks
Ben
Latest blog entry: Hangar Pics
Jun 18, 2015, 11:09 AM
Oh no, not again!
Ben, I don't record video when flying, just the mapping stills. Here are a couple of samples of two different rookeries we were surveying this spring. We have done our initial studies with the set up shown. I have a Skyhunter airframe I am planning to modify to put the camera on the fuse centerline to reduce the distortion when the plane is bouncing in turbulence. I use flaperons to slow the plane down on photo runs, but I see the Sabre has proper flaps, which would also be useful, as well as the centerline mapping camera mount.

Many places we fly have very restricted landing areas. Avery Is in particular requires that I fly into a funnel of trees, then bank sharply left to the clearing. I only get one shot at it, there is no possibility to go around.

I don't know if this suits your purposes or not.

Regards,
Jeff
Jun 18, 2015, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Hello:
spectre909
schumixmd
smoothvirus

please email your info:

Nixus
jhspring

Thanks
Ben
Thanks Ben, email sent.
Jun 19, 2015, 05:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhspring
Ben, I don't record video when flying, just the mapping stills. Here are a couple of samples of two different rookeries we were surveying this spring. We have done our initial studies with the set up shown. I have a Skyhunter airframe I am planning to modify to put the camera on the fuse centerline to reduce the distortion when the plane is bouncing in turbulence. I use flaperons to slow the plane down on photo runs, but I see the Sabre has proper flaps, which would also be useful, as well as the centerline mapping camera mount.

Many places we fly have very restricted landing areas. Avery Is in particular requires that I fly into a funnel of trees, then bank sharply left to the clearing. I only get one shot at it, there is no possibility to go around.

I don't know if this suits your purposes or not.

Regards,
Jeff
Hello Jeff:

Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos

I think it's my pleasure if we can do something good for that birds
we would like to sponsor you one Sabre if you are interested in sharing video and photos by sabre

The modeule 3 is what you mentioned for downward camera, and I think you can record video by the module 1, it is a 45 Degree forward (Hero2.3.4) all no problem, the video can provide you with more detailed information than still photos.

if no problem please email to me your shipping address (phone) and full name

Best Regards
Ben

Quick Reply