Jun 16, 2015, 10:10 AM
Hooray the motor thrustline aligns with the wing! That was my biggest compliant with the Penguin.

What I like about newer FPV planes is slots in foam in the wing for installing video transmitters, receivers, etc. The Penguin was too focused on the camera placement and pan + tilt system. With long range FPV - separation of components and wiring is key. Good luck to reviewers!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2015, 12:40 PM
Do I have to fly forward?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atflying
Hello Friends do me a favor to do a simple investigation to say what you like?
Thanks in advance

1# About the belly armour, would you preferred the transparent one or black colored? FYI The black armourís price is approximately $1.0 more than transparent one .
2# About ESC and BEC
One options is ESC with build-in UBEC/SBEC (3A), another options is ESC OPTO+ extra independent BEC(5-6A), which one you think itís better for FPV?

Thanks
Ben
1- I'd prefer Black as it is easier to see, can reduce glare, and will look cleaner being a darker color.
2- Something with the biggest BEC would be best. Even if the ESC had no BEC and we bought a bigger BEC separately would go good, other wise the biggest BEC possible would be wanted for.

Haven't heard from you Ben since I sent you the video. Just making sure you received it. Thank you!!

-Jared
Jun 16, 2015, 01:54 PM
KI7CBF
Quote:
Thanks in advance

1# About the belly armour, would you preferred the transparent one or black colored? FYI The black armourís price is approximately $1.0 more than transparent one .
2# About ESC and BEC
One options is ESC with build-in UBEC/SBEC (3A), another options is ESC OPTO+ extra independent BEC(5-6A), which one you think itís better for FPV?

Thanks
Ben
My preferences would be:

1 - Black. Paying $1 is OK. The older I get the more problem I have with visibility and need all the help I can get with contrasting colors on my planes.

2 - On my FPV rigs I never use the BEC on the ESCs, I always have 1 or 2 separate BECs. So yes, an Opto ESC with a 5-6A BEC would be great. Especially if the BEC was very clean and noise-free.
Jun 16, 2015, 04:17 PM
Black armour and the Opto ESC with a 5amp BEC that has no RFI would be my choice.

Quote:
Thanks in advance

2# About ESC and BEC

Thanks
Ben
Jun 16, 2015, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumixmd
#1 Didn't see the belly armor in your photos, but I would chose an colored armor. It will give a bit of unique to the plane. Can you post photos of 3D model with different colors of the armor(black, red, yellow)?

#2 for FPV always is better to have a separate BEC. But built*in UBEC also works fine if everything is calculated correctly and there's no overload.
A NO NO for switching BEC without good filtering for FPV.
Thanks for your suggestions
1. There is a brief introduction in the video about the belly armour. but donen't matter I will upload some photos and different colored 3D picutres later.
2. ok. well noted

Best Regards
Ben
Jun 16, 2015, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre909
Hi Ben, I would really like to review this if possible. If chosen I would take the clear nose plate for the gimbal and the clear belly armor.

Also for the ESC question. I've always used an independent BEC, for added security in case there is ever an ESC failure.

Thanks,

John
Thanks John for your suggestion on ESC and BEC.
I saw your guys sold lots of items at F/S.... but less posts here, maybe you are researcher ? Lol..... don't mind for this just curiously
Could you also offer your youtube video to me like schumixmd , this is good for our decision.

Best Regards
Ben
Jun 16, 2015, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhspring
Ben, I am a university professor living in South Louisiana. A colleague and I are doing proof-of-concept work to demonstrate fpv planes as a low-cost, accurate method for counting birds and recording nesting success in the local rookeries and barrier islands. Our test vehicle is the 1600 mm HK FPV airframe with forward facing fpv camera and EZOSD for navigation and a Hero 4 mounted under the wing taking still pictures vertically downward for later counting.

I am most intrigued with your airframe as it has provision to mount the Hero protected in the fuse and still taking the vertical pics. I do not teach in the summer and have gear that I could transfer to the new airframe. I also have an Ardupilot 2.5 that I would like to mount but the HK airframe is pretty cramped for space.

If you think that I my build/experience could be of use to you, I would be more than interested in the basic airframe with the vertical camera mount.

Regards,
Jeff
Hello Jeff Professor:

Thanks for your input. and you project sound interesting.
by the way will it last too long? I'm afraid it seems complex and audiences anxiously waiting want to watch you interesting project !! Lol...
Could you offer your youtube video to me like schumixmd, ( Fixed wing FPV video)

Best Regards
Ben
Jun 16, 2015, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel
Hooray the motor thrustline aligns with the wing! That was my biggest compliant with the Penguin.

What I like about newer FPV planes is slots in foam in the wing for installing video transmitters, receivers, etc. The Penguin was too focused on the camera placement and pan + tilt system. With long range FPV - separation of components and wiring is key. Good luck to reviewers!
Hello Voxel;

your smart eyes too !
The final design is combination of different features after comparing their advantages and disadvantages, technologically to say nothing is the final perfect but the perfect solution at this moment, sure will be better by our designer or others in future.
I think I will also be excited and nervously while other reviewers flying this airplane. good luck to all !

Best Regards
Ben
Jun 16, 2015, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixus
1- I'd prefer Black as it is easier to see, can reduce glare, and will look cleaner being a darker color.
2- Something with the biggest BEC would be best. Even if the ESC had no BEC and we bought a bigger BEC separately would go good, other wise the biggest BEC possible would be wanted for.

Haven't heard from you Ben since I sent you the video. Just making sure you received it. Thank you!!

-Jared
Hello Jared:

Thanks for your good suggestions
yes I saw your video, but be frankly to say not as I had expected. there is no fixed wing flying video, no fixed wing FPV video at all.
but this doesn't mean declined you, we will double consideration

Best Regards
Ben
Jun 16, 2015, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmtrk
My preferences would be:

1 - Black. Paying $1 is OK. The older I get the more problem I have with visibility and need all the help I can get with contrasting colors on my planes.

2 - On my FPV rigs I never use the BEC on the ESCs, I always have 1 or 2 separate BECs. So yes, an Opto ESC with a 5-6A BEC would be great. Especially if the BEC was very clean and noise-free.
Thanks, Technologically good explanations

Ben
Jun 16, 2015, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert55ca
Black armour and the Opto ESC with a 5amp BEC that has no RFI would be my choice.
Thanks for this and previous good suggestions.
what city are you in?
Could you please offer you Youtube video linkage to me if you are interested in

Best Regards
Ben
Jun 16, 2015, 09:43 PM
Thanks all for your passionate response.

Basically it seems most of the fpv flyers preferred to choose ESC+extra BEC. this is the same as what we had expected, but we want to know your voice. especially good suggestions to new FPV flyers, this would help them one step to reach target, not need to abandon original ESC and cost more money to buy a new one.

Concerned about the belly armour.
I had uploaded some different color for your reference as suggested. seems on the market this kind of parts cost about $14-$16.0, this is good to protect you airplane but price is a little expensive. I really wish to offer an affordable parts for all airplane owners, so my ideal of the price is between $5.9-$6.9, I hope we finally can reach the target ( of course quality is number one)

there is not only color options. with A and B different shape , how do you thinking. be carefully you are the decision maker now? Lol...
Jun 16, 2015, 09:47 PM
I would go with the red and cut out version if you want my opinion.
Jun 16, 2015, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCleary.11
I would go with the red and cut out version if you want my opinion.
Yes I am fond of the red myself.
Jun 16, 2015, 09:55 PM
Do I have to fly forward?
Red or Yellow, both are good.

Ben, I will be uploading some fixed wing video as well. As I stated in the message there was an issue with the upload. Thank you for your consideration.

-Jared