to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2015, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxintheair
Here's my Sabre all painted up!
Great looking Sabre
Latest blog entry: Hangar Pics
Jul 25, 2015, 03:43 PM
OK fellow Sabre builders/pilots, what are your thoughts on Center of Gravity placement for this bird? Sounds like some of us will be making the maiden flight soon. I'm here working on mine right now.
Jul 26, 2015, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothvirus
OK fellow Sabre builders/pilots, what are your thoughts on Center of Gravity placement for this bird? Sounds like some of us will be making the maiden flight soon. I'm here working on mine right now.
According to the manual the CG should be 3.2 - 3.3" from the leading edge. I tried this for the CG today (on the ground using CG machine) and found that with the gear that I've got in the Sabre I needed to add a bit of weight to the nose. That said, I really dont have anything out of the ordinary onboard.

So, using the above CG of 3.25" from LE my AUW is 4.335kg or 9.55lb. This is slightly above the specified AUW of 4.0kg however I dont think there should be an issue.

I ran the numbers through propCalc and everything looks good.
Jul 26, 2015, 02:24 PM
Airframe is all done, on to the electronics.
Jul 26, 2015, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothvirus
Airframe is all done, on to the electronics.
Nice. Digging the decals
Jul 26, 2015, 02:29 PM

Sabre build

Here are a few pictures of the final production. There is nothing left to do except the maiden (hopefully this coming week)!

Oh and yes, those are landing gear from the AirTitan. Only a couple small modifications to make them usable on the Sabre.
Jul 27, 2015, 07:29 PM
Thread OP
Great. two new sables come out now and no long alone!
UHF and combined with the Airtitan Gear really add tail weight, I really wish our warehouse would have one for you soon to replace it. Sabre's undercarriage should be only or even less than half weight of Airtitan's undercarriage but good to hear that you solved it.

Enjoy your flying! good luck
Jul 28, 2015, 03:54 AM
Thread OP

Finwing sabre photos

Thanks for sharing sabre's photos
I have a ideal I would like to choose some of the photos to post it on our upcoming new website gallery, and will marks who is the owner if you don't mind .

Thanks
Ben
Jul 28, 2015, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atflying
I have a ideal I would like to choose some of the photos to post it on our upcoming new website gallery, and will marks who is the owner if you don't mind .

Thanks
Ben

I'm okay with that. Feel free to my pictures for whatever you like.
Jul 28, 2015, 08:11 AM
Quote:

Thanks
Ben
Fine with me.
Jul 28, 2015, 03:17 PM
Yep! Feel free to use mine to Ben!

I can't wait to get some nav and landing lights on mine!
If you haven't noticed yet, I'm trying to make mine look like a Canadian Force's Search and rescue aircraft.

Quote:

Thanks
Ben
Jul 30, 2015, 08:39 AM
Why can't you guys just fly, THAN do all your painting and backyard getty things?? Just want to hear and see the flight performance....... Just saying.......
Jul 30, 2015, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
Why can't you guys just fly, THAN do all your painting and backyard getty things?? Just want to hear and see the flight performance....... Just saying.......
Orson Welles for Paul Masson Wine (April 2, 1979) (0 min 30 sec)
Jul 30, 2015, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
Patience, the flying will come when the guys have completed their Sabre to their liking. I know everyone is eager to see and hear all about it. But we shouldn't rush them.

That said... I completed my maiden this morning! I am overall happy with the initial performance and flight characteristics of the Sabre. Little to no trim was needed to obtain level flight.

I will compile the maiden video shortly.

Quick Reply