Thread Tools
Jun 12, 2015, 09:07 AM
Registered User
Whiffles's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

Goodluckbuy 3-Axis Gimbal with Storm32 Board


Goodluckbuy has a budget priced 3-axis gimbal with fairly impressive specs:

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/3-axis-br...fpv-black.html

- Simple structure and light weight,CNC aluminum alloy structure
- Brushless motor direct drive
- With anti-vibration rubber balls,easy to adjust
- Compatible with Gopro 4 3,2,1
- With 3pcs 2804 160t motor
- With 32bit Storm32 firmware gimbal controller, sensor
- With motor protector which can help heat dissipation

Weight: 219g

Some builds using this gimbal:

http://rotorbuilds.com/part/4
Last edited by Whiffles; Nov 19, 2015 at 11:27 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2015, 09:10 AM
Registered User
Whiffles's Avatar
Thread OP
When this first appeared on GLB it matched their eBay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281713074299?rmvSB=true

But now the GLB page is showing a completely different gimbal with 2804 motors and no motor casings. This seems to be a huge improvement over what we saw a few days ago. Could they be revising the design?
Last edited by Whiffles; Jun 23, 2015 at 07:38 PM.
Jun 12, 2015, 09:56 AM
CX20 internals F450 frame
sureshot__'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiffleX
When this first appeared on GLB it matched their eBay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281713074299...rue&rmvSB=true

But now the GLB page is showing a completely different gimbal with 2804 motors and no motor casings. This seems to be a huge improvement over what we saw a few days ago. Could they be revising the design?
They show the new version on a scale at 219g.
How much does your original weigh?
Jun 12, 2015, 10:04 AM
Registered User
Whiffles's Avatar
Thread OP
I haven't received it yet, so we'll see. The order page says the shipping weight is 445g which is very high for a gimbal, so I don't know how much of that is packaging.
Jun 12, 2015, 10:06 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiffleX
When this first appeared on GLB it matched their eBay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281713074299...rue&rmvSB=true

But now the GLB page is showing a completely different gimbal with 2804 motors and no motor casings. This seems to be a huge improvement over what we saw a few days ago. Could they be revising the design?
Damn. I just bought the eBay one they didn't have my county on the website so I had to order through eBay
Jun 12, 2015, 10:09 AM
Registered User
Whiffles's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcurtis93
Damn. I just bought the eBay one they didn't have my county on the website so I had to order through eBay
I don't think any of us know what we're getting until it's in our hands. Maybe these early photos were a prototype? The eBay listing does say that it only has one 2804 motor and 2 2208 motors though. Considering the price went up by $7.54 you at least got it at a lower price!
Jun 12, 2015, 10:13 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiffleX
I don't think any of us know what we're getting until it's in our hands. Maybe these early photos were a prototype? The eBay listing does say that it only has one 2804 motor and 2 2208 motors though. Considering the price went up by $7.54 you at least got it at a lower price!
I'd much prefer the more powerful motors and lighter one! The waiting game is on
Jun 12, 2015, 10:21 AM
Registered User
Whiffles's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcurtis93
I'd much prefer the more powerful motors and lighter one! The waiting game is on
Same here! I've got a friend who ordered one via DHL, so he'll be getting it soon. I'm looking forward to the first report!
Jun 12, 2015, 10:42 AM
Registered User
Will be ordering shortly. Thanks for starting the thread.
Jun 12, 2015, 10:58 AM
Registered User
Whiffles's Avatar
Thread OP
For anybody else who ordered from GLB can you report on the shipping weight displayed on your invoice page?
Jun 12, 2015, 10:59 AM
Registered User
Subscribed... I'm expecting DHL to deliver this next week.
Jun 12, 2015, 11:24 AM
AMA KE8BUY
dimvasilk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiffleX
When this first appeared on GLB it matched their eBay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281713074299...rue&rmvSB=true

But now the GLB page is showing a completely different gimbal with 2804 motors and no motor casings. This seems to be a huge improvement over what we saw a few days ago. Could they be revising the design?
I'm hoping I got the revised design. Would be a shame if i didn't.
eBay listing still says 2x 2208 and 1x 2804. Seems like the actual GLB website has a better version for cheaper than the eBay.
I'm fine with 2x2208 motors, though. They've served me well on my 2d gimbal
Last edited by dimvasilk; Jun 12, 2015 at 11:30 AM.
Jun 12, 2015, 11:27 AM
Registered User
jaas75's Avatar
wow!!! this really looks like a winner in my book
Jun 12, 2015, 11:44 AM
Registered User
Whiffles's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimvasilk
I'm hoping I got the revised design. Would be a shame if i didn't.
eBay listing still says 2x 2208 and 1x 2804. Seems like the actual GLB website has a better version for cheaper than the eBay.
I'm fine with 2x2208 motors, though. They've served me well on my 2d gimbal
At least it wouldn't be substantially heavier or different. I did a little math and the packing materials should be 150-200g, so I think they're close in weight. They mainly seem to vary by the motors.
Jun 12, 2015, 03:59 PM
Deaf Flyer
Subscribed .....

I am new to the camera/gimbal game but I got my eye on this gimbal since it seem like a good price for both controller and gimbal package

I can't wait to see your feedbacks and reviews on it when you get yours.

Thank for sharing!

Bill


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools