Dominion 2-HW ,a Self-Righting Foiling RC Keelboat/ One-off Design & Build Project - Page 44 - RC Groups
Dec 27, 2017, 02:15 PM

"...or two"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick L.
Missing a hull or ..............two.
=========================
Can't wait till we see an "..or two" and/or an "or three" whup up on the whole Sydney-Hobart fleet! For now, though, Wild Oats be da greatest!!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2018, 04:38 PM

D2 Trapeze Power Ballast System

Don't have the resin to actually build the parts but I am building the molds(out of balsa ) for extruding the carbon endpieces for the new ultralight Trapeze Power Ballast System. This will be the first version of this system that is completely independent of the onboard radio system of the D2 and yet operates with the same transmitter. Cant wait to get it done and get sailing!
Jan 02, 2018, 11:43 PM
Will fly for food
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLord
Cant wait to get it done and get sailing!

Long movie!
Jan 03, 2018, 09:03 AM
Don't worry David, I am sure Doug will post some old pictures of one of the past boats sailing.
Jan 03, 2018, 01:20 PM

D2

Things are moving fast now. Probably be sailing mid- August. Makes me tired just thinking about it......

Gizmo with small jib in position:

Last edited by DLord; Jan 03, 2018 at 01:25 PM.
Jan 04, 2018, 07:50 AM
Yup, called it!! Great photos thank you for sharing.
Jan 04, 2018, 11:43 AM

Super Scow

You called it(with a little help)! That 22 year old scow was a blast to sail-mainly because of the first version of the Trapeze Power Ballast System. It's hard to describe how much fun it is to sail with movable ballast at your finger tips-just exhilarating!
Jan 04, 2018, 05:12 PM
Will fly for food
Where is the Super Scow now? Has anyone sailed it in the last 22 years?
Jan 04, 2018, 05:41 PM
David it's right here, can you not see it?
Jan 04, 2018, 05:52 PM

Super Scow

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjensen
Where is the Super Scow now? Has anyone sailed it in the last 22 years?
===
Dead and buried..........

Jan 10, 2018, 03:13 PM

D2 TPBS molds

The picture shows the completed molds with the one on the right showing how the tube fits after the carbon is extruded. These tubes are .125" ID and .25" OD-the piece being extruded will be .125" in diameter-solid unidirectional carbon/epoxy. The silicone tubes for this particular application are 50 durometer.
I've used this system for many years to make carbon rods up to .375" in diameter and about 2' long.

Jan 11, 2018, 11:05 AM

Resin

Ordered resin today from Sam Barker, Resin Research, Indian Harbor Beach, FL. $116 for a gallon and a half including shipping. CE2000 resin , 2100S hardener. Be here next week! Finally!
This is the best resin I have ever used........

UPDATE- the resin arrived last night
Last edited by DLord; Jan 18, 2018 at 07:55 AM.
Jan 18, 2018, 06:05 PM

D2 Trapeze Power Ballast System

Should get the module epoxied and the end pieces extruded in the next couple of days...........

UPDATE- didn't happen and won't for a while.
Last edited by DLord; Today at 09:39 AM.

Quick Reply