Dominion 2-HW ,a Self-Righting Foiling RC Keelboat/ One-off Design & Build Project - Page 42 - RC Groups
Nov 30, 2017, 07:24 PM

Dominion 2-HW "A" Rig

Back on it today through the weekend-should be able to knock it out leaving just the module and end pieces for the Trapeze Power Ballast System. May be able to get the resin by the end of next week. THE END IS NEAR..........
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2017, 05:21 PM

Dominion 2-HW "A" Rig

Finished the "A" rig main -jib tomorrow. Main appears to have a really good shape which is typical of my sailmaker. Still need insiginia. The velcro straps go around the luff wire and allow the sail to pivot to the lee side of the mast -seems to work real well. Mast does not appear like it will disrupt flow on the lee side.

Dec 02, 2017, 06:59 PM

Dominion 2-HW "A" Rig

Finished the rig today! Jib shape looks excellent as does the main.

Dec 03, 2017, 02:34 PM

D2 Trapeze Power Ballast System

Here are all the components of the System except the carbon end pieces that need to be extruded and the rack tubes . Just need to get resin.......

Dec 03, 2017, 04:22 PM
Will fly for food
I ordered my resin and hardeners yesterday.
Dec 03, 2017, 06:00 PM

project?

What are you building?
Dec 03, 2017, 08:09 PM
Will fly for food
RR III. The build starts January 1st. I’ve sorced most all the construction materials and the ribs will go to the laser cutter tomorrow. I received the balsa last week.
Dec 03, 2017, 08:47 PM

Iom

Thats a very good looking boat!
Dec 05, 2017, 02:09 PM

F3 in Model Yachting (again)

But unfortunately not flying this time. Wanting to talk with the owner-Jim Linville so I e-mailed him just now.

Yesterday, 10:29 AM

Ian Farrier

Ian Farrier, one of the greatest multihull designers and producers has passed on:

From the SA front page:

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you Ian Farrier passed away in San Francisco on his way back from the USA yesterday. We are in deep shock as we come to terms with the huge loss of our captain, and our focus is on Ian’s immediate family and the Farrier Marine team.

Ian was a visionary, a multihull genius, an all-round nice guy who leaves behind a huge legacy to the sailing world.

Farrier Marine Limited is a strong business with a three year order book for the revolutionary F-22 sailboat. Despite dealing with our grief, it is very much ‘business as usual’ at the factory today. It is our job now to carry on the Farrier legacy and ensure his vision is carried out.
– Rob Densem.