May 02, 2017, 07:33 AM

Dominion 2-HW

For assembly at the sailing site the foils basically slide into place with slots cut into the head of each board and the rudder. Once in place a small bolt is tightened to prevent any movement. The angle of incidence and be adjusted easily ,if required.
---
Foil pictures:

Last edited by DLord; May 02, 2017 at 07:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2017, 07:40 AM

Dominion 2-HW---Folding Stand

A revisit to the unique stand for the D2:
------
I wanted to come up with a stand that would show the foils off well and not interfere with setting them up. The legs slide off and drastically reduce the size of the thing which makes it easy to transport. The key to the stand is the central large carbon tube that I had just sitting around. A few hours after finding the tube I had it figured out and it's worked real well.
----

May 07, 2017, 09:09 AM

Quant 23

Fantastic new picture of the Quant 23 with the fire paint job. This, of course, is the boat that inspired the D2:

May 08, 2017, 09:51 AM

Quant 23 fleet

Part of the Quant 23 fleet in Switzerland:
(sail # 003-one guy lent the other his "old" set of sails-Michi)

May 08, 2017, 10:02 AM
Will fly for food
Are you still waiting for the sails?
May 08, 2017, 07:15 PM

D2

Well, I haven't got the A rig sails yet but I also haven't been able to work on the ballast system-so I'm not waiting just sidelined with Real Life(work).
May 11, 2017, 10:00 AM

Dominion 2-HW--"A" Rig Sails

I should get the sails on or about May 24th. One problem Scot hasn't solved yet is getting a plotter pen that will mark dark material but that's not a problem-just a matter of ordering it.
I should be able to get on the ballast system in a week or so.
May 16, 2017, 08:50 AM

Quant 23 Fleet

This is the very first gathering of a Quant 23 fleet mostly from Switzerland, as I understand it:
(corrected thanks to the kind and informative words from "Gio", post 521)

Quant 23 Camp 2017, Lago di Garda (1 min 34 sec)
Last edited by DLord; May 16, 2017 at 06:23 PM.
May 16, 2017, 09:30 AM
Only three boats?
May 16, 2017, 10:10 AM

Q23

I read somewhere that 9 were expected, maybe only 6 showed up. 6 in two of the shots......first at 15 sec. in, last upwind at 1:28in
Last edited by DLord; May 16, 2017 at 10:20 AM.
May 16, 2017, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLord
This is the very first gathering of a Quant 23 fleet in Switzerland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x04GL-PegsA
OK. Garda and the lake may turn into a german colony during the summer months, but it's still well within the Italian borders ..... the swiss don't have nothing to do with it.
May 17, 2017, 11:14 AM

Dominion 2-HW-Trapeze Power Ballast System

The new ballast system will use the same box as the previous system but it will be extended a bit to be able to hold the LiFe battery(2100mah) and new receiver. The top will be extended aft to form a hatch and at this point there will be no switch just plug in and go. The rack will use the same ends but smaller tubes about a foot shorter. The whole unit will be 100% independent of the rest of the boat electronics but use the same transmitter. It will be easily transferable between different boats. Ballast will be nominally 2lb but 3 could be used w/o overloading the system.
May 20, 2017, 11:42 AM

Dominion 2-HW-Trapeze Power Ballast System

Here is a shot of the "old" TPBS along with some of the new material:

May 24, 2017, 07:44 PM

Dominion 2-HW--Sails

Well, another delay but it was my fault not the sailmakers. All sails will be ready next Wednesday,the 31st,including the gaff main! Once we get the boat foiling on video with the "A" and/or "B/C" rig, Dan* and I will get video and stills of the boat foiling with a traditional gaff rig. Should be pretty cool......
*assuming Dan is available........

UPDATE-while the sails will be ready I may not be able to go pick them up Wens.......
Last edited by DLord; Yesterday at 03:32 PM.