Jun 11, 2015, 12:49 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

MJX X600 (Under construction)

INTRODUCTION

MJX well known very for their helicopter came recently into multi-copter market with the "X" series. Here, the X600 is a mini-hexacopter. I tested the non-camera version but at least 2 derivations will be also availble: a pure camera model and a WiFi based one.

BOX CONTENT

+ 1 x MJX X600 (with a 2S 700mAh LiPo ending with JST connecotr )
+ 1 x Transmitter (using 4xAA batteries not included)
+ 1 x charger
+ 6 x Spare props (3 CW, 4 3CW)
+ 6 x Prop guards
+ 2 x landing legs
+ 1 x Instruction manual (english/chinese)

OVERVIEW

-Front view

-Side view

-Rear view

-Upper view

-Bottom view

With the battery installed into the bay

and removed

the battery bay

On each arms, some very bright LEDs allow night flying. The battery doors owns a hole to pass cables through it... nice little detail.

In comparaison with the SYMA X5SW

2 light foot must be clipsed beneath

Prop guard are efficient to absorbe crash's impact

-Weights

LiPo

A 2S 700mAh model without any indication of the discharge rate. Mine was probably a little bit damaged because the flying duration was only of 5mins. In practice, the flying time is around 9mins with a full working LiPo.

Disassembling

You need a long unscrewing session to access to interior part. It's so well assembled that I was not able to completly open the X600. It can be a problem for the motor maintenance

Unfortunatly no ball-bearings are installed but simple oïl-bushing. They are 3mm(ID)x6mm(OD)x2mm (MR63). In order to increase motor's life, I advice to install 2x6 ball-bearings.

Motors

Some 8.5mmx20mm coreless motors. Like the JJRC H8C, they accept 2S voltage in input. We can hope the durability is better than the H8C. Seems the quad is only 33g heavier than the H8C but with two extra motors, the load on each motor should be inferior to the H8C case.

Transmitter

For the non-camera version, the top right shoulder flipping activâtes flipping. They are tight without altitude lost. If you long press (> 2s), you engage the headless mode (course lock). In this situation, if you press on the left should button you can engage the "Return To Home".
As many recent quad, this last function is versus time completly biased and be transformed into "Return to Somewhere". Don't trust this feature especiallyif you engage it late in the flight.

On the front pannel, you can find a pot button to play with the throttle value. With this pot, you can bound the max throttle value from 60% up to 100%.

The upper left button selects the speed mode: 3 modes are proposed: beginner/intermediate and expert. In beginner mode; all rates are
extremely slow (especially the yaw). In intermediate, all rates are boosted and the X600 is very sporty already in the mode. In expert mode, as soon as you push the right stick (absolute) value Superior to 95%, the quad performs a Flip automaticaly. Can be fin to perform flip while moving forward with this mode, but in general I am not a great fan. I advice to stay more in intermediate and perform flips via the right shoulder button

The internal part of the TX :

The RF chip is foiled into EMI paper and RF GND soldered to it....

FIRST USAGE

MJX X600 outdoors test (Courtesy Lightake) (8 min 34 sec)

CONCLUSIONS

For the first MJX multicopter I reviewed, I was positively surprized by the general quality build: a durable mate plastic, with very ergonomic design. This hexacopter is clear an outdoors model. The MJX X600 offers a very good payload capacity ideal to carry a light HD cam (möbius, runcam HD), you can feel a lot of vertical thrust (thanks to 2S motors). In beginner mode, selected rates offers slow movement so good to learn how to control this machine. From the intermediate mode, the X600 becomes really sporty and fight the wind easily. The control range is also excellent. The expert mode don't bring much more higher rates but more automatic flipping mode, hard to control in any situation. To be perfect, and to extend probably motors's durability, some ball-bearings would have been a better option. Anyway, the MJX X600 is a really good outdoors machine

UNBOXING

MJX X600 Unboxing and quick testing (Courtesy Lightake) (19 min 48 sec)

PROS

+ Beautiful hexacopter
+ Wind resistant
+ Good radio range (> 100m)
+ General quality
+ Powerfull hexacopter (can carry a mobius cam without problem)
+ Sporty from intermediate mode
+ Bright LEDs
+ Power switch
+ Good flying duration (8-9mins)
+ Headless mode
+ Prop guard
+ Switchable transmitter(mode 1,2,3,4)
+ Shielded RF part
+ LVC LEDs alarm

CONS

- No ball bearings (3mmx6mmx2mm)
- Long disassembling session
- Hard to open the quadcopter
- 8.5mmx20mm coreless motors working in 2S like the JJRC H8C (motor durability)
- YAP (Yet Another Protocol potentially Deviatizable)

This quadcopter have been courtesy provided by Lightake in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thanks them for this attitude.

You can find it actually for 53 USD at http://lightake.com/p/MJX-X600-2-4G-...era_Y3144.html

You can find MJX X600 parts here

Ball bearings (IDxODxW) 3mmx6mmx2mm replacement
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-MJX-F47-F647-RC-Helicopter-Spare-Parts-Bearing-p-57426.html
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Sep 23, 2015 at 12:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2015, 12:50 PM
Thread OP
reserved
Jun 11, 2015, 06:54 PM
X600 use same brand motor as H8C, I'm afraid it has same SHORT lifetime
Jun 11, 2015, 08:54 PM
@SeByDocKy is their a video showing how to install ball bearings?
Jun 12, 2015, 12:33 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlb96
@SeByDocKy is their a video showing how to install ball bearings?
Not yet ... and in practice, I didn't find a way to disassemble it completly. I was afraid to break 2 clips maintening each motor's pod to the arm. Maybe it's an easy operation to access to motor, but I didn't find it....
Jun 12, 2015, 12:34 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrct
X600 use same brand motor as H8C, I'm afraid it has same SHORT lifetime
After usage, they were not particulary hot .... it's at least a good sign but of course since the H8C fiasco... we must be aware of the potential shorter life of motors
Jun 12, 2015, 05:09 AM
Cool nice review!!!Like this one!!!
Jun 12, 2015, 07:48 AM
Keep`em in the air
I like this hex, also. The access to the motors might be a deal breaker, though. I doubt I buy it unless an easy access is found or someone makes a, how to video on changing them. Maybe, later on if the motors seem to last I might buy it. It`s a great looking hexacopter and I'm looking for one. I'll be watching.
Jun 12, 2015, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Crasher
I like this hex, also. The access to the motors might be a deal breaker, though. I doubt I buy it unless an easy access is found or someone makes a, how to video on changing them. Maybe, later on if the motors seem to last I might buy it. It`s a great looking hexacopter and I'm looking for one. I'll be watching.
me too i like the design of this hex,it looks way cool..
Jun 12, 2015, 08:38 PM
Could you replace the motors with the WLtoys V666 motor? Those are rated for 2S, but they don't have round cans. Maybe some modification could be made?
Jun 12, 2015, 11:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Runster
Could you replace the motors with the WLtoys V666 motor? Those are rated for 2S, but they don't have round cans. Maybe some modification could be made?
No V666 motors are in N50 format, i.e. much more larger and probably consuming much more amperage. IMHO, the main origin of the H8C poor motor durability comes from the fact the H8C weights 150g. Motors are permanently unders stress with such amount of weight. Each motor for a deliver a thrust of 150/4 = 37.5g just to take off. Here with the X600, you have 180/6 = 30g so naturally stressed 25% less vs the H8C
Jun 14, 2015, 10:02 PM
is it much more stable than syma x5c?
Jun 14, 2015, 10:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRev
is it much more stable than syma x5c?
In beginner mode, I would say similar to a X5C. From intermediate ... it's a much more sporty copter
Jun 14, 2015, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
No V666 motors are in N50 format, i.e. much more larger and probably consuming much more amperage. IMHO, the main origin of the H8C poor motor durability comes from the fact the H8C weights 150g. Motors are permanently unders stress with such amount of weight. Each motor for a deliver a thrust of 150/4 = 37.5g just to take off. Here with the X600, you have 180/6 = 30g so naturally stressed 25% less vs the H8C
Hi Seby,
I think you are right about motor load caculation.
I can hover x600 at around 25% THR.
but stock TX is NOT as good as DEVO TX
hope it could be supported by deviation asap.
Jun 15, 2015, 12:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrct
Hi Seby,
I think you are right about motor load caculation.
I can hover x600 at around 25% THR.
but stock TX is NOT as good as DEVO TX
hope it could be supported by deviation asap.
Me too .... My SPI's captures todo list is huge now ...

Quick Reply