Feb 14, 2018, 03:04 PM
Yankee is not going to go down easy. She has two seasons of successful results after her rig, winch and sails were upgraded. She is sailing in proper trim and the helmsman will not be trifeled with.

Heard the owner had to put an extension on his mantle. Lol
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2018, 03:06 PM
With your building skills, I’m sure your Enterprise will be a fair match for her. Looking forward to seeing them spar.
Mar 06, 2018, 10:38 AM

Enterprise Build

I have updated my building blog with some added text and pictures of the progress. Questions always welcome.
Enjoy
Mar 06, 2018, 09:06 PM

J class Nationals 2018

Nationals this year outside Ann Arbor, Kensington Metro Park in Milford, Michigan, hosted by Detroit MYC weekend after Father's Day.
Mar 13, 2018, 12:04 PM

Enterprise Build

I have updated my building blog with some added text and pictures of the progress. Planking is done. Up next, sanding, fairing, and glassing.
Mar 16, 2018, 12:34 PM

Enterprise Build

Sanded, Faired and initial carbon fiber cloth and resin. Project going well. It's been snowing here for the past 9 days. Nice incentive to stay warm in the workshop/boat shop.
Mar 22, 2018, 04:22 PM

Enterprise Build

Enterprise is officially off the tee rail/ construction table. She's in her construction cradle. Interior work and misc. projects before decking.
Mar 22, 2018, 09:16 PM
Classic wooden RC sailboater
Pictures? :-)
Mar 22, 2018, 09:31 PM
Modeler/ Historian
Yes, pictures.
Mar 23, 2018, 06:37 AM

Enterprise Build

For anyone who is not familiar with the connection between the forum page and the blog.......click on my name (spinnaker, etc.) and it will take you to my building blog where you can see pics. of Enterprise, Endeavour and Rainbow. Enjoy. More to come.
Mar 30, 2018, 04:36 PM

Enterprise Build

Deck framing is complete. 5 out of seven servo boards are in. Waiting on a couple of parts to finish rudder servo and main traveler. Hopefully will be planking next week.
Mar 31, 2018, 12:55 AM

Nice work spinnaker

Looking good!

Dean
Mar 31, 2018, 11:19 AM

J Class Endeavour 4 Sale Price Reduced

One of the J's I built and posted it's progress is for sale. You can click on my name and it will take you to my building blog where you can scroll down and see pictures of Endeavour.

Endeavour is for sale:

1. J Class Endeavour Hull #001 Sail # 62
2. Hull was built in 2015 by New England Model Yachts (Chuck Luscumb)
3. Custom composite Jake Leo sails
3. Ludwig aluminium mast with a wooden Park Ave. style main boom.
4. Custom hand planked mahogany deck with mahogany hatches
5. RMG Sail Winch #380EL
6. Hitec 7980 TH Rudder Servo
7. Hitec 7950TH Jib trim Servo
8. Hitec 7955 TG main traveler servo

Asking $4900.00

The boat has only been sailed in 1 regatta (Green Mountain J Day). Does not include Radio.
Delivery or pick-up to be discussed and/or negotiated. **the J class has a way of networking to get boats moved around. Even better, buy her and register for this years Green Mountain J Day, come up a day early, practice, then race and take her home.

If anyone is interested or knows someone who is, please contact me through this thread or email me direct at spinnaker225@gmail.com
Apr 02, 2018, 06:45 AM

New J mast to be extruded

In the next month a new J mast will be designed and ordered into production.

I welcome any input on specifications.......

3D printing will be a part of the outfit solution's.

Availability will be from Texas,Michigan and one or two trips to the east coast.

PM's are preferred.

Thank you,

Dean
Model Marine
Miniature Harken
Apr 02, 2018, 08:38 AM
Keep me informed
fuscoms@optimum.net
Thankyou

Quick Reply