This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 10, 2015, 01:20 AM
Discussion

More 5k tests

Unfortunately, there are people who simply can't stand any other video editor besides their own.

Simply doubled the size of standard screenshot to compare with the 5k display. Timebar font was an exact match. Menu font was still exactly the same amount smaller than it was yesterday, which made no sense. The fonts should have been 22 pixels, while yesterday they were 17 pixels. The 2 macs probably had different font settings.

Cinelerra was equivalent to what it looked like on a 2.5k monitor. It is focused on efficiency, while the Mac is focused on whitespace, so it's always going to be more compact. Its original fonts were always based on the size of the menus on the SGI Indy, so it makes sense to strictly double the sizes for 5k. Would make allowances for a menu font of 24pt, but keep the menu font at 22 & timebar font at 18.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2015, 01:43 PM
The depth of your knowledge and of electronics always humbles me. What do you do for a living?

Ironically, I am in the market for a new TV. Do you have any guidance for what specs I should be looking for? Not sure if I can afford it yet, but I would like to get one of the lesser expensive 4k ultra TVs.

Is the better picture with 30hz on a 4k ultra, or 120hz on 1080?
I just don't know what I should be looking for

Quick Reply