Jun 09, 2015, 01:41 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

V765-2 super cub noise dive and crash

V765-2 is my 2nd rc plane.

after a few crash landing..the foam is broken apart at front and i tape it back in one piece, and using rubber band to hold the wing .

when i try to re-launch it again, the nose keep diving on air.....already up trimmed the elevator and still the plane plane keep diving on nose......can't fly level any more.

any suggestion?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2015, 05:28 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
If it has been repaired a few time then the model may now be nose heavy, re-check the balance, (CG), and make sure it is where the instructions say.

Once you have the balance correct --
Try gliding the model, (throttle off), to find out if you have a model with aerodynamics problem or a motor thrust line problem.
Do it over some longish grass to save any more damage. The model should glide straight and slightly nose down.
If it still dives, and you have checked be the balance, the alignment of the wing to tail could be wrong owing to damage.

If it glides fine. Check the motor alignment still looks correct. Try launching the model with less power, say half throttle, if it flies straight, slowly increase the throttle to climb.

Model planes need to be set up correctly to fly well, (balance and alignment). Damage and repairs will add weight, (not good), and there has to come a point where parts will need replacing.
Jun 10, 2015, 03:01 AM
Thread OP
thx for your advice, i just remove all fabric tape and glue the broken foam by expoxy last night.

https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...70&oe=55FFA107

after that i install esc, rx, battery back to plane and check CG again....now seems almost balance and just a bit tail heavy

as last crash, shape of front foam already deformed, i use hair dryer to reform it as before...now the motor thrust angle a bit down and a bit right.....

should i just hand throw the plane and see how its glide? of course on long grass....XP
Last edited by yu254445; Jun 10, 2015 at 09:00 PM.

Quick Reply