Futaba Double Transmitter Case

A high-quality protective case for your Futaba transmitters.

Futaba Double Transmitter Case

Carry Your Investments In Style

Product:Futaba Double Transmitter Case
Street Price:$179.99
Length:17.6" (448 mm)
Width:7.9" (200 mm)
Height:9.6" (245 mm)
Distributed by:Hobbico, Inc.

The Futaba Double Transmitter Case is a great way to safely haul around a pair of your favorite transmitters, and a few pieces of support-gear as well. Sporting that well-known "Team" style, with a slightly bronzed aluminum coloring and white Futaba World Champion Brand lettering, the Double Transmitter Case keeps your investments safe during travel and looks the part, too.

Cases come in all different quality levels; some hardly make it through a few seasons before the seams pull apart or the interior begins to disintegrate. As a happy owner of the single-transmitter version of this case for my Futaba 4PK surface radio, I know they're built tough; it's been in service since 2008 and shows no signs of wear or tear.

The outer walls of the case are brushed aluminum with rounded aluminum edges. Each corner has a black plastic end piece to tie the rounded edges together. Two high quality keyed clasps are positioned on the front to keep the lid closed. The Futaba double case has three compartments: two for the transmitters and a narrow compartment running across the front; a good spot for a few hand tools, lanyards, and wall chargers.

The inside is lined with high-density grey foam with low-density foam inserts on the floor of each compartment. The dividers are very sturdy and don't flex at all; I don't think you could damage the interior dividers if you tried.

Eight foam rectangles in different thicknesses are included to snug up the fit of each transmitter. There are no instructions included that explain the best method of doing this, so I decided to attach a pair of them in each compartment with some double-sided tape. I positioned them vertically in the front and back of each compartment, and doing so held the transmitters very well with no chance of them moving around. They're easy to pull in and out and the foam seems like it will stay put.

I have my Futaba 14SG and my 10CAG in the case; with the lid closed, the tops of the transmitters just barely touch the top high-density foam in the lid. This is what you want to keep them from moving around. Another option for securing the transmitters would be to put the foam squares in the bottom of each compartment. This will raise the transmitters in the case and sandwich them (safely) inside with the lid closed. Either way you insert the foam blocks, you're guaranteed to have both transmitters held snugly inside with the lid closed.

Conclusion

Sooner or later in this hobby, you'll find yourself with a second transmitter and only one case. The Futaba Double Transmitter Case makes hauling a pair of single cases to the field (or forgetting one at home) a thing of the past. It's a functional unit that looks just as good, with ample room inside for a pair of transmitters, chargers, lanyards, and a few tools.

If you're still on the fence about purchasing one, just look at your Futaba transmitters on the back seat of your car on the next trip to the field; Your precious cargo definitely needs a car seat.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jun 09, 2015 at 12:41 PM..
Jun 09, 2015, 01:57 PM
I have this case and it is excellent for my Futaba 14MZ transmitter and my Tactic 650. However some of my other brand taller antenna transmitters will not fit so be ware. Mike H
Jun 09, 2015, 02:10 PM
Suspended Account
I have the single one and this case has been in the market for quite a while... why this review ?
Jun 10, 2015, 01:04 PM
Why you type so loud?
They upped the price $100...
Photo is off the internet archive from 2013.
Jun 10, 2015, 01:57 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I also was shocked at seeing the prices... It is definitely a significant price increase from when I was last shopping for tx cases.

The only Tx case that is somewhat new to the US market is the JR DMSS double tx case with split top lid. This will be my next case if ever needed.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1796299
Jun 10, 2015, 02:16 PM
I was going to say. I know in my right mind I didn't spend $179 for a case.
Jun 10, 2015, 04:31 PM
No meat = no pudding
Hobbico has lost their minds on these prices!! You can get a waterproof Pelican case with a lifetime guarantee for 1/4 of this price.
Jun 10, 2015, 05:23 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
The price of an item is relative to the consumer; that holds true with most goods. What's expensive to you is acceptable to another person. There are people out there that want a great looking Futaba case to match their Futaba transmitter, and there are others that are fine with a Pelican or a non brand-specific case for less.

I'm going to leave it at that.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Jun 10, 2015, 05:32 PM
S.A.D. member
Look at the prices of the 14MZ case (discontinued transmitter) and the almost identical 18MZ case (current transmitter). If you own an 18MZ, would you buy a 14MZ case to save dough?
Jun 10, 2015, 09:00 PM
S.A.D. member
I got mine at Menards for $20. It fits a couple of Futabas in it
Jun 10, 2015, 10:40 PM
Team Futaba
I just snagged a NIB from a guy 2 months ago for $50. For once I got a deal!!!

I use mine for my charger and field battery.
Jun 11, 2015, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
I just snagged a NIB from a guy 2 months ago for $50. For once I got a deal!!!

I use mine for my charger and field battery.
Wow great deal... Its a nice box... Not $179 nice.. For $179 it should have the ability to charge my radio, sanitize it end of day LOL.
Jun 11, 2015, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
The price of an item is relative to the consumer; that holds true with most goods. What's expensive to you is acceptable to another person. There are people out there that want a great looking Futaba case to match their Futaba transmitter, and there are others that are fine with a Pelican or a non brand-specific case for less.

I'm going to leave it at that.
Translation:

Hobbico paid for this pumped post/announcement so while yeah I really do agree with you guys this is a blatant rip off I have to stay quite and serve the man.
Jun 11, 2015, 06:29 PM
Expertly crafted in one of many of the finest facilities in the world. All of the low low price of $179.99
Last edited by Six7One; Jun 11, 2015 at 06:41 PM.

Quick Reply