This thread is privately moderated by Svede, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 07, 2015, 10:07 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Tacit Purple

After attempting unsuccessfully (little sold ) to get out of the hobby and having some spare time on my hands I started another project. It essentially incorporates all the lessons learned from Nessie but now incorporating the Phobotic driven DYS Smart gimbal and doing away with the excessively large fuselage. The vTx antenna will be on the wing out in the wind, but the LRS antenna will go in a winglet for some drag reduction. As with Nessie the wings are removable without tools and the horizontal tail comes off with a single nylon screw for transport.

72" wingspan, AR of 10 not accounting for winglets. Will be ecstatic with a 4.5lb AUW but expect closer to 5lb with a 5S 5000mah battery. Flaperons will make short landings easier and its EPP construction should give it good durability. Hoping for great things and loooooonng flight times.
Last edited by Svede; Jun 07, 2015 at 11:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2015, 12:33 PM
Waypoint Collector
Glad to see you're able to keep at it. Really like your work. I'll be following this.
Nov 06, 2015, 03:41 AM
More nice work forsure!
Nov 22, 2015, 10:39 PM
Thread OP
Unfortunately the vertical stabilizer was undersized and my computer did not give any indication that would be the case. Too much damage resulted before the problem was sorted out, plane was scrapped. I had high hopes, may revisit the planform with some slight adjustments.

Quick Reply