Jun 20, 2004, 03:47 PM
Bubble Head SSN 762

Georgetown A.M.A. Sneed Field Father's Day Video and Pictures!

Hey Everyone!

The Father's Day Georgetown A.M.A. Sneed Field Event was superb! I got to meet a few people, have some great grub, and best of all watch da' planes sore!

Here's a 256kbps Windows Media video file (1min 50secs, Windows Media version 8 or above): Linky

Here are a few pictures:

Enjoy,
Lex

to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2004, 04:33 PM
Lex;

Nice camera work. You're right on the money with keeping up with the planes, especially that screaming yellow... canard... SR-71... looking... thing .

I've heard that if you can focus lock your camera it will do much better. I have a digital video camera but haven't used it much yet.
Jun 20, 2004, 04:39 PM
Could you give more details on the yellow aircraft? I'm unfamiliar with it, but it sure looks interesting. Thanks.
Jun 20, 2004, 04:58 PM
Bubble Head SSN 762
Maybe the pilot can comment...he told me at the field, but I forgot. I've sent him the link to this post, so I'm sure he'll comment.

Lex
Jun 20, 2004, 07:38 PM
I post, thread dies!

Screaming Yellow......

I like that name, screaming yellow, maybe I will make up a decal and stick it on the fins.....

That plane is a Crusader II from RCM plans. It is powered by a OS 45 FSR, 10x6 APC pusher prop and a muffled tuned pipe. It is an interesting plane to fly, only have 8 flights on it now, still trying to figure out the landings. It glides like a brick so it needs power to land. But it goes!

Later!
Chuck...
Jun 20, 2004, 08:13 PM
The motors seem to be very loud for electric planes.
Jun 20, 2004, 08:21 PM
Bubble Head SSN 762
Why do you think they are electric? Actually, all they planes I filmed were gas (glo?). There were a lot of electrics out too, but I was in a crunch to leave, so I only got some short clips.

Lex
Jun 20, 2004, 11:03 PM
CWESH:

You go right ahead with the screaming yellow stickers!
Glad to have been of service.
Jun 21, 2004, 09:49 AM
"Why do you think they are electric? Actually, all they planes I filmed were gas (glo?). There were a lot of electrics out too, but I was in a crunch to leave, so I only got some short clips.

Lex"

Because this is " Airplanes Electric forum "
Jun 21, 2004, 11:57 AM
I post, thread dies!
While the photo's Lex took are of glow planes, I would say that about 1/2 of the flights there were electric. I know David and I tore up the sky with our SuperFly's and Flea's!

The electrics did out number the glows! 4 for me, about 6 for David, Joe had about 4 or 5, with a couple of more from others. My guess is that there was about 15 glow planes there, 5 of which were mine. (Yes, I did have 9 planes there!)

Electrics are becoming more common at the GAMA field......

Later!
Chuck...
Jun 22, 2004, 12:26 AM
Master ReKitter
Lex,
I wish I coulda been there! my Father's day sucked! I worked all day until 12am. I ready for some stick time!! (minus my dearly departed lipos...)