Dec 12, 2019, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben
Dzhamal,
It seems the signal coming from the transmitter is slowed down. In the transmitter do you have a delay programmed on your throttle channel?
Looks like you have about 1.5seconds ?

Which transmitter do you use?

If all else fails, you could fully remove the delay in the Tx, and set the Throttle response to 4-5 in the Castle controller. Not perfect, but much better than what you have now.

To be sure it would help if you post all your settings. I was just thinking you may not have a delay in te Tx, but accidentally programmed a governor function, which may result in a similar power curve?
The Castle Link allows you to export a document on all the settings, which would be easy to post here.
Hi!
ThNk you for your suggestions!
For the throttle i not use on/off switch. I use regular throttle stick, with default travel from -100 to +100. Then we have delay on the logger diagram, and as fact. )) Also i don't move throttle stick from low to high with fast punch, because at the low speed of plane is very strong torsion moment, like on the start launch form hand.
But i can use (setup) additional flight condition especially for the «speed», and use for this purpose as more speeder throttle stick moving.
Hope than i will try you advise this weekend!

P.S. TX Futaba T14MZ.

image uploader
Last edited by Dzhamal; Dec 12, 2019 at 12:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2019, 02:00 PM
A few suggestions:
Throttle type: fixed Endpoints
Throttle response: 5

Motor startpower: 30-40
Timing: 0
PWM: maximum

The rest seems fine. Throttle on a stick can work. But in closing the throttle I would do it as swiftly as you can. You may wish to program a bit of a curve on the throttle channel, so it gets to 40% power a bit quicker.

Hope you have good weather over the weekend.

Regards,
Gerben
Dec 12, 2019, 02:32 PM
Quote:
A few suggestions:
Throttle type: fixed Endpoints
Throttle response: 5

Motor startpower: 30-40
Timing: 0
PWM: maximum

The rest seems fine. Throttle on a stick can work. But in closing the throttle I would do it as swiftly as you can. You may wish to program a bit of a curve on the throttle channel, so it gets to 40% power a bit quicker.

Hope you have good weather over the weekend.

Regards,
Gerben
Timing really 0 ?
Is it not enough?
Dec 12, 2019, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzhamal
Timing really 0 ?
Is it not enough?
0 or low timing gives better motor efficiency.

Steve Neu
Dec 13, 2019, 06:30 AM
Dependant on the brand the timing may need different settings.
I know you have used YGE in the past, which generally seems to require a higher timing setting, particularly on higher pole-count motor.

Castle controllers work well with 0-degree timing on 4-pole motors, particularly for a D-wind motor like you have.
Dec 13, 2019, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Dependant on the brand the timing may need different settings.
I know you have used YGE in the past, which generally seems to require a higher timing setting, particularly on higher pole-count motor.

Castle controllers work well with 0-degree timing on 4-pole motors, particularly for a D-wind motor like you have.
Thank you! I will check it tomorrow, and return with log data as report!
Dec 13, 2019, 03:51 PM
Quote:
A bit better ramping would certainly improve performance.
Try to get up to ~3kw as soon as possible, then ramp up to full power over .6-1.5seconds (depending on prop/power).
Regards,
Gerben
Please check my mixer setup.
1) from “high” to “low” without delay.
2) from “low” to “middle” (estimated to increase 3kWt) without delay.
3) from “middle” to “high” with delay.

Step 2 -> 3 via the one continues stick move.

Throttle delay mixer (0 min 16 sec)

And new ESC setup:

upload picture
Last edited by Dzhamal; Dec 13, 2019 at 04:22 PM.
Dec 14, 2019, 12:03 PM
I had already two flights today.
In attachment two RAR archives by two files in each. Included one file from ESC logger, second from UNILOG2 (as variometer speed m/s).

Dec 14, 2019, 12:06 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
Why not just put throttle on a switch? It's easy to get used to and then you have the throttle stick for progressive flaps/crow brake
Dec 14, 2019, 12:12 PM
Unfortunately i was alone at the field today.((
On this could not do good record of flight.
Video only for “in flight” sound check, if anybody interested in.

Xplus, Throttle ch. delayed to 0,6 sec. (3 min 47 sec)
Dec 14, 2019, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
Why not just put throttle on a switch? It's easy to get used to and then you have the throttle stick for progressive flaps/crow brake
Uncomfortable for me. I use throttle during the landing for the second circle, for another slow speed maneuvers (corrections).
Also i am worry that i can’t react quickly, and turn off switch in critical situation. Every launch with this plane like lottery
Dec 14, 2019, 02:57 PM
How did it feel-sound to you?

I had a look at the logs, looks a lot better. Braking is for more immediate, not scrubbing speed while the prop closes. The start looks fine too, best it will get without pre-programmed ramps on a switch.
The throttle delay on the stick is already pretty good. The middle point to which it ´jumps´without delay could be slightly higher, but thats just details.

I would recommend setting your endpoints, so the ramp is used as effectively as possible. Setting them is pretty easy;
-Remove prop to be safe (though I have done it with the prop on when in a pinch at a competition)
-Reduce the endpoints in the transmitter to lets say +/-40%.
-Set throttle to full power, and switch on model/controller.
-Increase Full throttle end-point until you get a beep from the controller.
-Now close throttle, and increase motor-off endpoint, until you hear the arming point.
-Just to be on the safe side increase percentages by 2-3% and you´re all set. (maybe a few more since you´re flying on a stick)

Gerben
Last edited by Gerben; Dec 14, 2019 at 03:04 PM.
Dec 15, 2019, 07:22 AM
terrible torsion moment at the launch!
As fact plane rotate to 180° next second from launch, and stuck into the ground like a carrot))
ESC was broke from a blow.
Dec 15, 2019, 07:24 AM
Plane....
Dec 15, 2019, 08:49 AM
I'm All Thumbs
Ugh!
Airframe looks complete.
J

Quick Reply