Nov 15, 2019, 08:03 AM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
18 years ago I don't think too many pilots were flying with throttle on a switch, at least not in the USA
Since Hobbico went bankrupt, they have put together a new team. These kids are on the up and up. Of course none of them fly F5B. But I believe they will do everything they can to help as well as recommend reaching out to an F5B Futaba team pilot.

I haven't learned much about Futaba radios yet, but just like Hi-tec, their tech support seems awesome.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2019, 07:03 PM
Does anyone know what type of matte carbon fiber tape/vinyl people are using on their xplus’? Yuri included some pieces for the elevator cover before, But he couldn’t recall what kind it was when I pinged him. I bought some off amazon, but it was way too thick and the normal stuff is fairly thin. I’ve seen some people with it on the bottom of their xplus’ being used as some sort of belly protector as well. Any info would be appreciated!
Nov 16, 2019, 09:46 AM
AMA L-983978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinator1
Does anyone know what type of matte carbon fiber tape/vinyl people are using on their xplusí? Yuri included some pieces for the elevator cover before, But he couldnít recall what kind it was when I pinged him. I bought some off amazon, but it was way too thick and the normal stuff is fairly thin. Iíve seen some people with it on the bottom of their xplusí being used as some sort of belly protector as well. Any info would be appreciated!
A good friend owns a window tinting business and gave me a piece of SunTek Ultra Paint Protection Film. I put it on the bottom of mine and it works great.
Nov 16, 2019, 12:00 PM
Battery Puffer
We use car chassis protector. The thicker the better if your landing on asphalt. https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=chassis+protector
This is one I use. https://www.amainhobbies.com/proline...309-00/p500583
Nov 16, 2019, 12:55 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
My 3 meter fox glider has wheels on the underside of each wing tip which is pretty cool. It also has a main wheel and tail skid wheel.. It's a pig of a plane otherwise but well suited to landing on asphalt.. I've never landed my virage on anything but grass and use just a thin strip of clear tape on the fuselage and wing tips, it's easily removed and replaced when needed. The only obvious signs of wear and tear on my virage are the neon colors starting to fade slightly after 3 years and even that is barely noticeable. Any landings done starting over a week ago are on snow now
Nov 16, 2019, 02:23 PM
Electric
There should be a couple window tinting & car masking places in town that would probably give you some scraps. The 3M self healing stuff they put on the front mask of my Audi is pretty nice stuff.
Last edited by DeadstickDuck; Nov 17, 2019 at 02:50 AM.
Nov 19, 2019, 07:46 PM
Thread OP
1970.....the start of something good
Nov 20, 2019, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
Better take video or no-one will believe you actually flew your x-plus
Yuri X-Plus 3rd flight (3 min 18 sec)
Nov 20, 2019, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authomassen
Perfect flight and landing!!!
How do you shoot the video on iphone, yourself or another men?
Nov 20, 2019, 09:56 AM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
That's a great video.. I like the WOT split S you do repeatedly. Imagine if the guys at Joe Nall saw this demo flight after watching ZB's less powerful x-plus. Yuri could sell a truckload of them there.
Nov 20, 2019, 01:59 PM
Thank you guys for the kind words

Dzhamal; video was shot by my friend who also launched the model for me. Best launcher ever!
Nov 20, 2019, 02:04 PM
Quote:

Dzhamal; video was shot by my friend who also launched the model for me. Best launcher ever!
Plane always was in focus! Usually mission impossible for most persons.
Nov 20, 2019, 04:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Yes ..... well done on video....care to share the camera?
Nov 20, 2019, 04:17 PM
Video was shot with an iPhone 7. Iíll pass the compliments to my friend
Nov 20, 2019, 05:02 PM
Balls of Tape
Quote:
Just go away!
Thanks a lot, Now I have to fly my 'Plus in the snow. . That was inspiring!

We received 10" last Tues, which is early. It will melt, I thought. I still need to rake a ton o' leaves and clean gutters! I thought.
Cleaning last years leaves in the spring sucks. Twice that for gutters.

Worse yet, I can't fly my 'Plus, and I just got her out (the fields just opened up, there was no haying this summer, too wet, and I fly ghetto).
I thought.

Well, instead of melting, the snow and cold kept coming (but we are going to Mexico for Thanksgiving ).

But at least one of my thoughts was wrong, I think I will fly the plus this winter, why would anyone stop doing that? Thanks for the reminder. I used to love these things too much to fly in winter, but that was only last winter so far and I would not want to start any bad habits. And now I know waiting for summer can be futile .
Last edited by WattsSabi; Nov 20, 2019 at 05:09 PM.

Quick Reply