Jul 20, 2019, 02:35 PM
You down with EPP?

Antenna guides

Does this look good and safe before I glue everything in place?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2019, 04:03 PM
Ideally you want them 90 degrees from each other not parallel.
Jul 20, 2019, 04:22 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
I've done worse for antenna placement and never had issues but I don't fly spektrum.
Jul 21, 2019, 05:27 PM
When flying directly at yourself (or away) you would have horrible Rx antenna “visibility” to your Tx with that setup. You may be OK ... but I’ve always used 90 deg. If you fly it this way let us know what you’re signal numbers (a,b,l,r) look like for future reference. JS
Jul 21, 2019, 07:53 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
Going on EIGHT weeks waiting for my Neu motor. I called a week ago and was apologized to and told it would be done last week.. Still no motor or phone call/ email. Steve: do I need to call daily to check the status?
Jul 21, 2019, 08:36 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
I've done worse for antenna placement and never had issues but I don't fly spektrum.
They are more like 75 degrees from each other now. It's Futaba BTW
Jul 21, 2019, 09:57 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
That's good to hear!
Jul 21, 2019, 10:22 PM
Electric
Spectrum = borrowed time with full carbon ships.... IMHO
Jul 22, 2019, 08:33 AM
They look parallel ... no??

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
They are more like 75 degrees from each other now. It's Futaba BTW
Jul 22, 2019, 01:10 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipesja
They look parallel ... no??
To get them to 90 degrees, I would need to lose the antenna guides and somehow make them stand at 90. Is there stiff, cylindrical antenna guides? These are the only ones I found. When I tried shrink tubing, it wasn't stiff enough. the would blow back to exactly what they look like now
Jul 22, 2019, 03:29 PM
Shrink tube actually works just fine. I've used it on well over a hundred models.
It's flexible enough to resist breaking and the antennas can be pulled out and folded back for shipping or storage in a bag.

The standoffs do look nice, but heatshrink is really more practical.

Lenny
Jul 22, 2019, 03:52 PM
I use the shark fin style that are hard plastic but I have not been able to find them online for a while. Will have to get someone to 3D print me some for next model. JS

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
To get them to 90 degrees, I would need to lose the antenna guides and somehow make them stand at 90. Is there stiff, cylindrical antenna guides? These are the only ones I found. When I tried shrink tubing, it wasn't stiff enough. the would blow back to exactly what they look like now
Jul 22, 2019, 03:59 PM
Rc Car antenna tube from local hobby shop and rubber caps
Jul 22, 2019, 09:17 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
The rubber caps distort the signal reception making the plane respond a few milliseconds slower
Jul 22, 2019, 09:23 PM
You down with EPP?

Fpv batteries

Thanks for the ideas I appreciate it.

Anybody ever use these fpv batteries that claim 120C? Specifically the little rebels. They look like old HI-C juice boxes.
Last edited by johnnyrocco123; Jul 22, 2019 at 09:35 PM.

Quick Reply