Jun 06, 2015, 03:51 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Yuri Virchenko s "NEW "Secret Weapon-XPLUS

So yes, The cat is out of the bag! It's just what the doctor (Yuri) ordered....doctor carbon that is.......
So probably the biggest question is....Why am I the one ????? Can't answer that, all I know is about a month ago I got an email from Yuri, he said you will get a package soon with a new airframe, please build it and fly it while I bask in the sun in Hawaii, let me know what you think.....well....OK!
Sooooooooo, I built it.....and flew the absolute be-jeez us out of this thing......I honestly tried to break this thing in the air (basically what he wanted)and it's still in one piece....The 1509 1y....p180...and a 6s 3300 mah didn't survive! But I got a great video to show for it! Now this 57 inch wingspan hotliner is screaming for whatever you can stuff into it....4s 5000 1512 1D fit into the spacious fuse.....which I did install and balance, but for testing purposes was heavier than I wanted.....
It will fit a 6s 3300 snugly and I flew it once that way with the 1509 1y just for posterity (skitz&giggles)
AUW on the 1509 1y 5s 3300 CC200AMP 2-ds095- and a ds09amd was 55.80 oz
This fuse will handle 2x 1800 5s for HV applications
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2015, 04:05 PM
Thread OP
If your looking for an airframe that is purely for packing max watts into and cutting big holes in the sky...I believe this may be it.....some one (arctic) needs to put a big outrunner on this and push the envelope, Yuri stated to me that this wing design was wind tunnel tested to 300mph......I know I was pushing the door on 2 a few times....I believe this wing will take it....especially after what I've done with it
Jun 06, 2015, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
Yuri posted a video on the Formula thread, that was after the 4s maiden trim flight, this video is of the 1509 1y on 6s which i do not recommend.... it was purely done for pushing the limits of the airframe, it died on the next flight.....which was expected....stupid? maybe.....but my sole purpose on earth that day was to try to break it in the air.....airframe won.....motor/esc/battery, well, all i can say is it was worth it. At about 1:25 of the video is where i flipped the switch....got up to speed and pretty much gave it a FULL PULL on the elevator....the thing survived and shot out like a rocket.....i have flexed this wing pretty good...without the proverbial snap!...Im impressed......
6 Cell Power (4 min 9 sec)
Last edited by hubcapsteve; Jun 06, 2015 at 08:12 PM.
Jun 06, 2015, 04:48 PM
Are we there yet?
Nice one Steve, great flying. X Plus looks sweet and loads of room for batteries . 300mph wind tunnel tested , think there's going to be some crazy X Plus's about both as hotliners and speeders .
Did you cut the nose down or was it ready to take that mount, which just finishes it off nicely IMO. How much thicker could the wing and ele servo's be, would MKS 10mm fit for example?

What prop did you use?
Last edited by feefo; Jun 06, 2015 at 04:54 PM.
Jun 06, 2015, 04:54 PM
What a total beauty.......and with very sexy curves too.

Bravo Yuri, Bravo. Fantastic work.

Steve thank you for great pictures/videos and for the very brutal testing.

Gryphon
Jun 06, 2015, 04:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefo
Nice one Steve, great flying. X Plus looks sweet and loads of room for batteries .
Did you cut the nose down or was it ready to take that mount, which just finishes it off nicely IMO. How much thicker could the wing and ele servo's be, would MKS 10mm fit for example?

What prop did you use?
In the wing using Xplane servo covers you could get away with it...in the tail I don't think so
Jun 06, 2015, 05:04 PM
UN Earth peoples true enemy
awesome

Keep us informed

Ralf
Jun 06, 2015, 05:05 PM
Thread OP
Nose comes ready for 32mm spinner so I cut for 38mm and used my 18x21 saw, Pete at PNC has a new style Mount with lip....BLING
Jun 06, 2015, 05:11 PM
Thread OP
test plane came naked carbon with some cool Yuri color on the vertical stabilizer, first thing I did was add some color cuz this things going to be moving and I got to see it
Jun 06, 2015, 06:17 PM
Registered RC NUT!
the 6s was crazy fast, it has a very impressive bark.

he says it's not recommended, mainly how he flies!

I don't think he has the word throttle management in his dictionary... but for sure you did push it to the edge!

but Steve thats why your Yuri's poster boy!

Victor
Jun 06, 2015, 06:19 PM
Thread OP
Here is the helmet cam video of another 5s flight.....camera doesnt do this plane justice but a cool video...pretty skies.....6s video was filmed on new Galaxy 6s 4G video camera on phone....much better quality....
XPLUS 5s (4 min 35 sec)
Jun 06, 2015, 06:38 PM
Thread OP
A few build pics, last being 2 x5s 2250 dinogylipos.com for HV Application, plenty if room for wire
Jun 06, 2015, 06:50 PM
Thread OP
That's enough out of me today Yuri will probably chime in with some numbers(I'm not much of a numbers guy),anyway this is a puuuuurfect little airplane, #THECATSMEOW
Jun 06, 2015, 07:17 PM
Hi Steve,

With (2) 5S-2250 packs, what is the maximum length motor&GB combo that can fit behind the firewall?

G.
Jun 06, 2015, 08:04 PM
Thread OP
Does this pic help? I believe his fuse design was developed around 15xx series motors larger battery combos....

Quick Reply