Sep 12, 2015, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten2
Hi for that "clamp" message i contacted the Xiro Support sending the flight log files to them. ...
How you get the flight log files? Are they readable?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2015, 02:30 AM
UAV Quadcopters User

How to extract the logs files .hj extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKnAL
How you get the flight log files? Are they readable?
Hi, this is the way to extract the logs file (if you fly using the app):

Open Xiro APP -> Setting -> Repair, and then send the email to your own address.
You will receive an email with the logs, the files have a .hj extension.
I did not succed to reading/open them, Xiro support does.
However i am not an expert so if someone knows how to read/manage the logs, please share it.

HERE there is a way to access/convert the .hj files, i am not sure it will work with the Xiro log files.

Thanks
Last edited by Ten2; Sep 12, 2015 at 06:50 AM.
Sep 13, 2015, 08:59 AM
New firmware updates available for drone and gimbal:

http://www.xirodrone.com/index.php/downloadcenter

UA3500_FCU_FW_1.0.0_20150710.bin:

1、The firmware (0710) supports the latest Follow Snap function
2、It must be matched upgraded with the gimbal firmware (0521)
2、The gimbal and the aircraft should be used together

UG3300 V_PTZ_FW_1.0.0_20150521.bin
Sep 13, 2015, 10:02 AM
UAV Quadcopters User
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFPatch
New firmware updates available for drone and gimbal:

http://www.xirodrone.com/index.php/downloadcenter

UA3500_FCU_FW_1.0.0_20150710.bin:

1、The firmware (0710) supports the latest Follow Snap function
2、It must be matched upgraded with the gimbal firmware (0521)
2、The gimbal and the aircraft should be used together

UG3300 V_PTZ_FW_1.0.0_20150521.bin
Thanks i made yesterday the upgrade but i noticed that the FCU firmware version number was the 0740!!!! The Snap function is not still ready for the Android users, it should be for the Apple devices.
Sep 13, 2015, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Thanks i made yesterday the upgrade but i noticed that the FCU firmware version number was the 0740!!!! The Snap function is not still ready for the Android users, it should be for the Apple devices.
I did the update today (13/09/2015) but the weather prohibits me to test it ... now it's the waiting game that has to be played for the new Xiro app to appear ...
Sep 13, 2015, 10:25 AM
UAV Quadcopters User
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFPatch
I did the update today (13/09/2015) but the weather prohibits me to test it ... now it's the waiting game that has to be played for the new Xiro app to appear ...
Yeah, i also hope in a good "Xiro Assistant Software" upgrade soon!
Let's wait, autumn is coming......
Sep 14, 2015, 12:32 PM
Xiro Xplorer V
Quote:
Works great on a iPhone happy with this
Sep 14, 2015, 12:34 PM
UAV Quadcopters User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodina
Works great on a iPhone happy with this
Ok, do you know if there is a way to force the atti mode when the xiro is outside (and receives the gps signal)?

Thanks
Sep 14, 2015, 12:59 PM
Xiro Xplorer V
Quote:
Ok, do you know if there is a way to force the atti mode when the xiro is outside (and receives the gps signal)?

Thanks
I don't think you can force this my guess is they wanted to build a drone everybody can fly (my opinion) so they chose for stable (gps) and the atti mode is only indoors (no gps, at least under the six)

Maybe they can bring that in a update for the app would be nice if you could put gps off.
Sep 14, 2015, 01:45 PM
UAV Quadcopters User
Quote:
I don't think you can force this my guess is they wanted to build a drone everybody can fly (my opinion) so they chose for stable (gps) and the atti mode is only indoors (no gps, at least under the six)

Maybe they can bring that in a update for the app would be nice if you could put gps off.
I think that the atti mode is very important to have and to use outside when there is no constant gps signal, like in a valley, in that scenario the gps signal is often wrong or has a very low precision and the quadcopter could have strange behaviour ......
Sep 14, 2015, 02:04 PM
Xiro Xplorer V
Quote:
I think that the atti mode is very important to have and to use outside when there is no constant gps signal, like in a valley, in that scenario the gps signal is often wrong or has a very low precision and the quadcopter could have strange behaviour ......
i totally agree but what i have been reading about it less then 6 fixes in gps is atti mode otherwise it will be always gps. if i'm wrong correct me please and you can't choose between them.

And the only difference i know is in atti mode it doesn't hold his position (wind) for the rest its the same as gps
Last edited by Rodina; Sep 14, 2015 at 02:20 PM.
Sep 14, 2015, 04:31 PM
UAV Quadcopters User
Quote:
i totally agree but what i have been reading about it less then 6 fixes in gps is atti mode otherwise it will be always gps. if i'm wrong correct me please and you can't choose between them.

And the only difference i know is in atti mode it doesn't hold his position (wind) for the rest its the same as gps
Yes Rodina, you are right, when the quadcopter is in atti mode, the copter maintains its height (using mainly the barometer and compass sensor), but it can shift or drift fast or slowly because it has not any position reference.
It is a good choice to have the copter in a good sight when it is in atti so the pilot can see immediately the drift and he can control it.

[UPDATE] Here the Xiro answer (about the atti mode).
"attitude mode, it should be enabled if you fly in mode 3 and no GPS fixed, it'll turn on automatically but not manually."
Last edited by Ten2; Sep 15, 2015 at 12:34 AM.
Sep 17, 2015, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Hi, this is the way to extract the logs file (if you fly using the app):

Open Xiro APP -> Setting -> Repair, and then send the email to your own address.
You will receive an email with the logs, the files have a .hj extension.
I did not succed to reading/open them, Xiro support does.
However i am not an expert so if someone knows how to read/manage the logs, please share it.

HERE there is a way to access/convert the .hj files, i am not sure it will work with the Xiro log files.

Thanks
Thanks for the information. I hadn't looked at the "Repair" option.

I don't know if the record format is the same as that mentioned in the YS-X6 post , but the record length is the same, 99 bytes, so there's a pretty good chance that it is similar.

Today I flew for ~14 minutes and generated 1081 records. I'm going to try to build a log display tool.
Sep 17, 2015, 03:05 AM
UAV Quadcopters User
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKnAL
Thanks for the information. I hadn't looked at the "Repair" option.

I don't know if the record format is the same as that mentioned in the YS-X6 post , but the record length is the same, 99 bytes, so there's a pretty good chance that it is similar.

Today I flew for ~14 minutes and generated 1081 records. I'm going to try to build a log display tool.
Hi, a log display tool could be very useful, however it is available a Graph Tool that maps the CSV log files , and yes i tested that the .hj file are readable (after the CSV conversion using the Parser tool).
You can start downloading this files "HJ files Parser and Graph Tool".
[TIP] To run the Parser i added some OCX files in the folder of the .exe file.

Now i have to understand how to use the log data, in the graph tools there are a lot of parameters and option.......
Bye
Last edited by Ten2; Sep 17, 2015 at 04:11 AM.
Sep 17, 2015, 11:55 AM
I'm interested in syncing the log data with video.