XIRO Xplorer V *******Owners Thread ********* - Page 3 - RC Groups
Aug 28, 2015, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten2
Hi, did you have a crash before the described behaviour? Are the rubber pins in the right position? However try to discuss about your issue to Xirodrone in facebook https://www.facebook.com/xirodrone than you will decide if going on with the support. Cross the fingers....
I've had a minor mishap not quite a crash. one of my first times flying I lost GPS at a low altitude and it started drifting away (got nervous) so I slowly brought it down manually and it tipped over and one propeller went into the ground for a second or so. Is that considered a crash? just to be clear this was an extremely minor incident lol...

Other then that I have had many flights since then with no issues at all then this camera issue has started out of no where... I'm very careful with the gimbal too as I've read how sensitive they are. Where are the rubber pins u speak of? maybe something got out of line while transporting it? You can see the side to side wobble... frustrating.

xiro xplorer V camera wobble problem (0 min 14 sec)
Last edited by Pass_00; Aug 28, 2015 at 10:05 AM. Reason: add video
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2015, 10:58 PM
oh yah its bad from the sky... I'm in contact with tech support now hoping for a resolution.

Xiro Xplorer V camera issue from sky (0 min 14 sec)
Aug 31, 2015, 04:18 AM
UAV Quadcopters User
Hi, "rubber pins", i do not know if the name is correct, however the gimbal should have 4 rubbers pin to manage the vibrations, check if the rubbers are still on.

Bye
Aug 31, 2015, 08:24 PM
How did you contact Xiro/Zero ????

I've emailed both: support@zerouav.com, tony@zerouav.com = no reply

Looking for parts...... can't find ANY parts.
Sep 01, 2015, 12:21 AM
UAV Quadcopters User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyCat
How did you contact Xiro/Zero ????

I've emailed both: support@zerouav.com, tony@zerouav.com = no reply

Looking for parts...... can't find ANY parts.
Did you try to use the chat in https://www.facebook.com/xirodrone ?
Usually they answer and try to give a solution/direction. I think the quadcopter is very very young and the support is young too......
Sep 01, 2015, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten2
Did you try xirodrone

Had to fire up Facebook [after 7 years] and got a response. So thanks for looking out for me

Now waiting to hear if GeekBuying is/has shipped my order [Xplorer V]
Hopefully, they're an authorized distributor and actually have inventory.
"xirodrone" says he knows of a store with stock, but I've got 700 tied up at this Geek joint.
Sep 04, 2015, 04:17 PM
Anybody upgrade the antennas for not necessarily longer distance but more stability (stronger signal)? If so, how did you do it?
Last edited by bur1196; Sep 04, 2015 at 04:24 PM.
Sep 05, 2015, 03:26 PM

Compliance version configuration

Does anyone know how to turn off the compliance configuration? Just discovered from the manual that the remote control settings can be changed to FCC or CE.
Sep 07, 2015, 04:56 PM
UAV Quadcopters User

Second Flight and strange error message (during the flight)

Hi, just to share my experience, i was flying on the top of an ancient tower then at the end of the flight, i received the following message "remove gimbal clamp" (recorded flight)..... First of all before the take off i made a compass calibration and i did not see any power lines or metal structures in the area. The horrible thing was that for a moment all the data went crazy (see second screenshot)..... However i did not see any strange movement of the quad and it landed safely just one minute later the error message.
I do not like to receive other messages like this.
Any idea/solution to avoid them?
Last edited by Ten2; Sep 07, 2015 at 11:02 PM.
Sep 08, 2015, 12:43 PM
Xiro Xplorer V

How does the follow me and 360 selfie works?

Hello since a few days i have the Xiro Xplorer V version and i really like this drone great flying and besides the fish eye look the camera works well for me
So overall im happy with this drone.

But what i can't find out is how i can manage the follow me and 360gr Selfie i have tried it but it seems i can't get it to work for me could anyone help me to solve this and give me a walk through in this?

Would be very thankful if i could make this work!!!
Thanks in Advance!!!!!!
Sep 08, 2015, 02:24 PM
Did you 3 Mode set?
Just because it works.
What I have not found how to. The height and the distance in Follow me and 360
The same at waypoints.
One has yet to enter the height !?
Sep 08, 2015, 02:56 PM
Xiro Xplorer V
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitocopter
Did you 3 Mode set?
Just because it works.
What I have not found how to. The height and the distance in Follow me and 360
The same at waypoints.
One has yet to enter the height !?
Yes i use mode 3 and it tell me to be at 8 meters and i use the GPS on my phone and i select me as the object but he just just don't follow and stays steady in the sky and i have searched internet for a solution or what you should do to activate this but i can't find anything about this futures off follow me or 360 gr selfie. i only saw some youtube videos where it is working but what i have to do to make it work i really don't know
Last edited by Rodina; Sep 08, 2015 at 03:03 PM.
Sep 08, 2015, 03:04 PM
You can not select, how will that work yourself?
Xiro follows alone the GPS of the smartphone.
Has he saved the Home Point?
Zero should even make a video where the functions are described and how to proceed exactly.
Sep 08, 2015, 03:10 PM
Xiro Xplorer V
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitocopter
You can not select, how will that work yourself?
Xiro follows alone the GPS of the smartphone.
Has he saved the Home Point?
Zero should even make a video where the functions are described and how to proceed exactly.
How can you see that he saves the homepoint? If you mean that if i push the return home button he will do that.
Sep 08, 2015, 03:17 PM
which you see in the map, Automatic / Dynamic Home Point.
You always have to wait long until this point can be seen on the map.