XIRO Xplorer V *******Owners Thread ********* - Page 249 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jun 18, 2017, 01:24 PM
Inspector Gadget
[QUOTE=soterisk;37748057]
Quote:
Originally Posted by modea2

Hello, I use Magix Video Pro X as a basic composition, the effects I make it manually with this program!
I will check the program you tell me anyway! Thanks!
Just so you know, the paid for (studio) versions have only about 10% more features than the free (standard) versions and of those 10% only one or two would be of any use to us mere mortals anyway. Crikey! the big Hollywood studios use the (paid for) studio versions to produce their big blockbuster films with!! That's another reason why I say it's a "no-brainer".
Also there are many many tutorials out there to help with getting going, some made by BlackMagic Design and others on YouTube and Vimeo. The first thing you will need to try and get used to is the "node" system they use, but once you understand that the rest is more easily understood.
Have Fun!
Mike.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2017, 02:20 PM
Registered User
[QUOTE=modea2;37748941]
Quote:
Originally Posted by soterisk

Just so you know, the paid for (studio) versions have only about 10% more features than the free (standard) versions and of those 10% only one or two would be of any use to us mere mortals anyway. Crikey! the big Hollywood studios use the (paid for) studio versions to produce their big blockbuster films with!! That's another reason why I say it's a "no-brainer".
Also there are many many tutorials out there to help with getting going, some made by BlackMagic Design and others on YouTube and Vimeo. The first thing you will need to try and get used to is the "node" system they use, but once you understand that the rest is more easily understood.
Have Fun!
Mike.
Thanks Mike!! I will check it!!
Jun 19, 2017, 09:21 AM
Flint Hills Dude's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by soterisk
Good work again. You're getting very good at smooth tilts in particular. I also like your intro transition from B&W (sepia?) to color and back again at the end.
Jun 19, 2017, 02:07 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Hills Dude
Good work again. You're getting very good at smooth tilts in particular. I also like your intro transition from B&W (sepia?) to color and back again at the end.
Thanks bro!!
Jun 20, 2017, 05:50 AM
Fly as high as the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus the 2nd
Who's using the waypoints function to set points on the map and input different heights?

Used half a battery to find how it worked but I changing the height wasn't too easy and I've seen the Xiro ignoring a few waypoints also ...

I appreciate some info and or guides/vids on this subject.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Just had my 30th flight, as I'm mostly into rc warbirds I don't fly my Xiro too often
nobody?
Jun 20, 2017, 05:02 PM
Flint Hills Dude's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus the 2nd
nobody?
I have very limited experience with waypoints, but here goes. If I've got something wrong, someone correct me.
  • Set Gear Level to 3 (only works in 3).
  • Touch the Drone Orientation Icon in the lower right-hand corner of the display to run out a ribbon bar of various functions.
  • Touch the Waypoint icon from that ribbon bar (looks like 3 map pins).
  • Touch-enter the waypoints (up to 16). A red path will appear connecting each new waypoint to the previous one as you touch-enter it.
  • The default altitude setting for each waypoint is 50m, but can be changed if needed at any time during the waypoint entering stage.
  • Retouch any previously entered waypoint and a popup appears so you can adjust the default 50m altitude up or down. You can also delete a waypoint from this popup.
  • A bar button with a checkmark appears at the bottom middle of the display to confirm the number of waypoints in your flight plan as you go along.
  • Pressing the checkmark on that button calculates a summary of the flight plan (total length, number of waypoints and flight speed) in a popup window with an "Upload" button.
  • Press "Upload". The flight path will change from red to green as it is uploaded to the Xplorer. When it's finished uploading, the flight will start automatically at a high speed and can be somewhat alarming if you aren't prepared for it.
  • The Xplorer will fly directly to the first point at high speed from it's current location and altitude. Make sure the path is clear.
  • When it arrives at the first waypoint you created, it will then adjust altitude up or down to match either the default or a user-defined altitude before going on to the second waypoint.
  • Again, the Xplorer will not change altitude on the leg flying to the first waypoint, but will attempt to adjust any other altitude changes while flying inbetween the waypoints.
  • After the flight plan is completed, the Xplorer will return to the first waypoint you created and hover, waiting for you to resume control.
Here's a link to the official Xiro App video that includes Waypoint instruction starting at 3:30 in. His accent is strong, but the video is subtitled.
Introduction of Xiro APP 2.0 (English) (6 min 4 sec)


Hope this helps.
Last edited by Flint Hills Dude; Jun 21, 2017 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Grammar
Jun 22, 2017, 05:40 PM
Going to Dual Rates
Anyone know why the Xiro xplorer V APP is no longer up on Apple Store site?? And why has Xiro not updated the Android APP to work with newer phones,etc. what is wrong with that company, they have been around for years with explorer V ??
Last edited by ScatCat; Jun 24, 2017 at 08:43 PM.
Jun 23, 2017, 12:40 AM
Flint Hills Dude's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatCat
Anyone know why the Xiro xplorer V APP is no longer up on Apple Store site?? A.d why has Xiro not updated the Android APP to work with newer phones,etc. what a wrong with that company, they have been around for years with explorer V ??
Try this link
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xiro...121869043?mt=8
Jun 23, 2017, 08:46 PM
Registered User
Did we get information if they will have the 4K camera upgrade for the Xplorer V or G models?
Jun 24, 2017, 12:49 PM
Registered User
My best dandscape location EVER for me so far!!
Jun 24, 2017, 01:21 PM
Registered User

Xiro app andriod


Hey all,

New to the group but not new to quads. I am having the "no live preview" issue. I've bound the camera and gimble to my remote (remote pans camera and wheel tilts up and down).I've reset my range extender. I've connected to the camera directly and can get video feed that way but connecting to the xiro wifi I get no video. I usually just end up flying without the camera attached which greatly increases the flight time anyways. I have read in numerous posts that people have had success using an older version of the app (v1.1) but I can't find it anywhere. If anyone has the older Android app and would be willing to share that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jun 24, 2017, 08:40 PM
Going to Dual Rates
Thanks Flint Hill Dude. I have the app for the apple ipad, I just went to see updates and noticed it was gone. I also have a Samsung tab4 but when I try to load the app from google
Play store it says " not compatible with your device...really, how old is this app and why is it not updated for newer devices, any knowledge of why?

Also on theapple iPad, I get the camera linked up and a map with white background map with only roads.
I tried different starting sequences ( 4 G LTE on first then Xplorexxxx wifi and vise versa but no sat map. If I select sat or hybrid map all I get is grey grid. Then suddenly up pops the sat 5 min later or so??? Does it take that long to find the sat map? I have also turned off 4G and still got the sat map after 4-5 mins, anyone know the proper loading sequence to get camera image AND sat map sooner??

Is there a zoom function using the iPad??

Thanking you in advance.
Last edited by ScatCat; Jun 24, 2017 at 08:50 PM.
Jun 24, 2017, 08:49 PM
Going to Dual Rates
Hey soterisk, beautiful shoot. How is that range extender with the 2 patch antenna's working for you, any real notiable increase in range???
Jun 25, 2017, 02:36 AM
Fly as high as the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Hills Dude
I have very limited experience with waypoints, but here goes. If I've got something wrong, someone correct me.
  • Set Gear Level to 3 (only works in 3).
  • Touch the Drone Orientation Icon in the lower right-hand corner of the display to run out a ribbon bar of various functions.
  • Touch the Waypoint icon from that ribbon bar (looks like 3 map pins).
  • Touch-enter the waypoints (up to 16). A red path will appear connecting each new waypoint to the previous one as you touch-enter it.
  • The default altitude setting for each waypoint is 50m, but can be changed if needed at any time during the waypoint entering stage.
  • Retouch any previously entered waypoint and a popup appears so you can adjust the default 50m altitude up or down. You can also delete a waypoint from this popup.
  • A bar button with a checkmark appears at the bottom middle of the display to confirm the number of waypoints in your flight plan as you go along.
  • Pressing the checkmark on that button calculates a summary of the flight plan (total length, number of waypoints and flight speed) in a popup window with an "Upload" button.
  • Press "Upload". The flight path will change from red to green as it is uploaded to the Xplorer. When it's finished uploading, the flight will start automatically at a high speed and can be somewhat alarming if you aren't prepared for it.
  • The Xplorer will fly directly to the first point at high speed from it's current location and altitude. Make sure the path is clear.
  • When it arrives at the first waypoint you created, it will then adjust altitude up or down to match either the default or a user-defined altitude before going on to the second waypoint.
  • Again, the Xplorer will not change altitude on the leg flying to the first waypoint, but will attempt to adjust any other altitude changes while flying inbetween the waypoints.
  • After the flight plan is completed, the Xplorer will return to the first waypoint you created and hover, waiting for you to resume control.
Here's a link to the official Xiro App video that includes Waypoint instruction starting at 3:30 in. His accent is strong, but the video is subtitled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reVQmw8SAkw

Hope this helps.
Kerry,

Thanks a lot! It definitely helps! Didn't know about the 'strange' behaviour on the leg to the first waypoint.

Do you know if is it possible to prepare or save/load a set of waypoints eg. at home before you go flying?
Jun 25, 2017, 11:42 AM
Registered User
Does anyone have a pin out of the pins for the 6 pins going to the Gimbals? I would guess they are: Power, Ground, video, video ground, pan, tilt(roll). Does anyone know the order of which is which?


Thread Tools