XIRO Xplorer V *******Owners Thread ********* - Page 2 - RC Groups
Aug 08, 2015, 08:33 AM
I got mine few days ago and finally I did a maiden flight today. Unfortunately I forgot to put in memory card so that there is no video footage.
What I can say from the first flight is that it's wonderful to hold the position (altitude & GPS) and maneuvability is also great at each level.
But the battery time was not as mentioned. I could fly just around 10 min. with 94%. And another thing is the video downlink latency. I don't know maybe it uses 2.4GHz for video but the latency was unacceptably bad. video was breaking and too much delayed.
other than that it's a great machine to play with. I love it.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2015, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by netevan
I got mine few days ago and finally I did a maiden flight today. Unfortunately I forgot to put in memory card so that there is no video footage.
What I can say from the first flight is that it's wonderful to hold the position (altitude & GPS) and maneuvability is also great at each level.
But the battery time was not as mentioned. I could fly just around 10 min. with 94%. And another thing is the video downlink latency. I don't know maybe it uses 2.4GHz for video but the latency was unacceptably bad. video was breaking and too much delayed.
other than that it's a great machine to play with. I love it.
Do you have the Xplorer G version
How did you get live view from your gopro. I cant seem to figure it out.
Does the glimbal have its separate wifi?
Aug 09, 2015, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terahking
Mine is V version.
For G version, I guess they are developing the interface to control Gopro just like Solo. But you should get video out from it.
Aug 11, 2015, 12:20 PM
Can somebody tell me how to contact with xiro support my drone crash after first flight only form 1.5 meter and the gimbal is now broken. Vary strange reason It was just the first minute and I was only hoovering and one of the propeller just went of and the drone crash. Really very dissapointed. I tripple check everything before flight and I have no idea why the propeller went off I tight all of them good and place them on the correct places.
Aug 11, 2015, 12:41 PM
And are they ever going to fix their webserver?>
Aug 11, 2015, 01:46 PM
I couldn't find a way to contact with them I hope Flashproductions will help me because he managed to fix his drone with them.
Aug 12, 2015, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yovet0
I couldn't find a way to contact with them I hope Flashproductions will help me because he managed to fix his drone with them.
http://xiro.auroragroup.eu

Try this link, it's the Denmark group, but they should be able to give you directions.
Aug 12, 2015, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terahking
Doesn't it work true Wifi of the gopro itself?
Aug 18, 2015, 07:01 AM
Hello guis as I wrote before my drone crash and I have to deal with after-sell service. One word its dissaster. I contact with them on Facebook and send them the logs from the crash flight, after they block my messages and my posts was deleted. So deffenetly it was maginfacture problem and no more words from them. Big mistake for me to buy a product from this company, I dont think this is the right way to keep their customers. So that was my experience with Xiro drones. This one goes to the rubbish and ordering DJI.
Aug 23, 2015, 11:31 AM
Has anybody of you already tried the mission planning and if you can also adjust the altitude?
And what happens when the drone looses connection to the controller while on a mission flight?
And has anybody already made experiences to get spare parts for it?

Cheers
Aug 25, 2015, 10:48 AM
UAV Quadcopters User

Xiro Q&A about flight plan behaviour and GPS

Hi to all, I wrote to the support the following questions just to understand better the quad, here some of them with the answers from the Xiro technical guys:

Q1:
"When i use the flight plan feature (using the nav point), if the quadcopter loses the signal to the remote controller what does it happen?
Does the Xiro Xplorer complete the path or does it come back before completing the nav point or what else?"

A1:
"It'll finish it's preset route"

Q2:
"Is it possible to rotate the copter (to take movie) during a scheduled flight plan without losing the scheduled route?
If during the flight route the charge of the battery goes down, what is the behaviour of the Xiro?"

A2:
"Cannot set shooting angle in preset route mode, but you can manually change the angel during the route.
When battery reach critical low, it will land at it's position"

Q3:
"Hi, you wrote that the quad supports GPS network only, do you know if it is a software issue or an hardware issue, i mean in the future to managed more satellites network the quad should be upgraded with a new satellite chip (this means a new main controller unit or a new drone....) or it will be only a firmware enhancement?

A3:
"GPS is hardware design, we are planning to include GLONASS in the next product, but GPS is actually very good in open area"

Q4:
"What about the latest firmware release of July. Do you plan to public new upgrades or function soon?
How does the flight plan works, can i set the speed of the copter during the nav plan?"

A4:
" Can't tell the timing when next firmware going to release, I think it's safer to say "When it's ready", but we're adding Follow Snap function (*) thru APP as well, that means something we will deliver new functions thru APP.
No, we cannot control the speed of the copter, just position, you send the flight plan to the drone and it'll just go. "

(*) Follow Snap is Object recognition technology so that the drone will follow the selected object in the phone/tablet display.

If i receive more answers i will post them.
Share your experiences please.

bye
Last edited by Ten2; Aug 26, 2015 at 02:47 AM.
Aug 27, 2015, 06:53 AM
Hi Guys,

I am Brian from the Netherlands and i have the Xiro V version. I must say its great awsome.
It flyes smooth and the gps is perfect to work with. The automatic landing, the comming home function it all works great. There is a new software update comming that you dont have to calibrate the Xiro any more. I have only one question thas any body no how the follow me function works? i dont diggit. Sorry for my bad English because i am a Dutch guy. Thanks Brian.
Aug 27, 2015, 08:10 AM
UAV Quadcopters User
Question to the Xiro support:
Is the "Follow me" feature different from the Snap feature?

A:
Different, "Follow me" follows the guy holding the remote control, which use GPS as positioning, while "Follow Snap" use Optical/Visual technology to follow any selected object

Here you can find the picture of the Quadcopter Teardown.
Last edited by Ten2; Aug 27, 2015 at 10:43 AM.
Aug 27, 2015, 06:07 PM
Hello all.. new here and relatively new to uav's. Couple months ago I decided to buy a f181 to learn how to fly quadcopters. Took me a bit but I got it pretty good at it and decided to by the xiro xplorer V.

Been awesome so far except for one thing. In between last flight that produced amazing quality video to the one I just finished is like night and day. Very evident in the video is a wobble that is coming from the gimble. This gimble has not been at harm at all since owning it. I'm lost here on what to do. I've tried resetting the camera config and also took the gimble right off and checked for dust and whatever else I could inspect. Couldn't find anything wrong visually. It seems like the gimble has some how got a shake to it and vibrates the camera making all video absolutely terrible. It does however smooth out when using yaw but returns the second I stop. Any clue here? should I contact customer support? I can upload a video to youtube if need be to show it?
Aug 28, 2015, 02:49 AM
UAV Quadcopters User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_00
Hello all.. new here and relatively new to uav's. Couple months ago I decided to buy a f181 to learn how to fly quadcopters. Took me a bit but I got it pretty good at it and decided to by the xiro xplorer V.

Been awesome so far except for one thing. In between last flight that produced amazing quality video to the one I just finished is like night and day. Very evident in the video is a wobble that is coming from the gimble. This gimble has not been at harm at all since owning it. I'm lost here on what to do. I've tried resetting the camera config and also took the gimble right off and checked for dust and whatever else I could inspect. Couldn't find anything wrong visually. It seems like the gimble has some how got a shake to it and vibrates the camera making all video absolutely terrible. It does however smooth out when using yaw but returns the second I stop. Any clue here? should I contact customer support? I can upload a video to youtube if need be to show it?
Hi, did you have a crash before the described behaviour? Are the rubber pins in the right position? However try to discuss about your issue to Xirodrone in facebook https://www.facebook.com/xirodrone than you will decide if going on with the support. Cross the fingers....