Jun 03, 2015, 06:40 PM
Trader Rating: 75
Thread OP
Discussion

Received an empty box. Resolved with seller.

I bought a heli motor from him. It showed up today in a flimsy box with very little tape. I could see thru and into the box knowing that it was empty without needed to open anything. It's likely that this happened in shipping, but he basically just tells me that I didn't ask for insurance and to take it up with the post office. Really? A guy with 350 feedback and treats his buyers like this? I've started a PayPal claim and will take the "box" back to the post office tomorrow to refuse shipment due it's condition and lack of anything inside. I'm writing this because I am annoyed at how some people do business here. As far as I'm concerned he should be getting in contact with post office on his end instead of telling me "sorry".

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2420977
Last edited by arik434; Jun 04, 2015 at 12:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2015, 06:48 PM
Trader Rating: 137
Bellanca Kruesair
It isn't the buyer's duty- it's the sellers , to insure the package...His responsibility is to get the item to you safely.....

You're lucky to have used Paypal goods, if that's what you chose.

The link you supplied is not for a heli...we'd like to see more.

That box looks as if it had a loose brick inside....Makes you wonder why a postal service person would deliver an empty box, in that condition.

His trader ratings portray him as a much more experienced shipper than that.- there's MORE to this story..............
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Jun 03, 2015, 06:51 PM
Thread OP
Thanks, it is a heli motor.

Yes, I used PayPal. He escalated it a claim. I'd jump thru hoops if one of my buyers got this package.
Jun 03, 2015, 06:59 PM
Trader Rating: 137
Bellanca Kruesair
I'm a nit picker, but the ad says $75, buyer pays shipping , then the description says $75 shipped....can't have it both ways.

This oughtta be a simple matter....you didn't get what you paid for...He should have paid the insurance premium......this is gonna cost him more.
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Jun 03, 2015, 07:02 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the reply. It should be very simple. I'm willing to help him out on my end, but not willing to do all the leg work here. I have never had an issue like this before. I just hope PayPal sides with me.
Jun 03, 2015, 07:04 PM
Trader Rating: 158
I agree that it's the sellers responsibility to make sure purchased items are packed well. Let PayPal deal with him and add to your ignore list! It would be one thing if the seller made good on your end, but the "not my problem" attitude is unacceptable. I wonder if there was even any packing material in that box to protect the motor?
Jun 03, 2015, 07:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl
It isn't the buyer's duty- it's the sellers , to insure the package...His responsibility is to get the item to you safely.....

You're lucky to have used Paypal goods, if that's what you chose.

The link you supplied is not for a heli...we'd like to see more.

That box looks as if it had a loose brick inside....Makes you wonder why a postal service person would deliver an empty box, in that condition.

His trader ratings portray him as a much more experienced shipper than that.- there's MORE to this story..............
I wish there really were more to this story..... But, no. I agree, I don't know why USPS would even deliver that. There is a piece of brown packing paper inside, but that's all.

I'm sure he will chime in here.
Jun 03, 2015, 07:05 PM
Trader Rating: 141
Build a scale plane already!!!
This is why you don't reuse boxes over and over,, I'd bet it turns out to be a $75 lesson for the seller..

good luck
Jun 03, 2015, 07:08 PM
Trader Rating: 708
It's more of the demanding attitude from the buyer that rubs me the wrong way. I'm pm's he is blaming me for sending him a empty box... I'm not gonna put the guy on blast but all others that have bought from me over the years know I ship promptly, securely and really am easy going.
But when I don't have time to reply instantly and a paypal claim is filed I will let them decide. I work hard for a living like most.... so yes due to you being super demanding I'm letting paypal earn there 3% on this one....
Jun 03, 2015, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arik434
I agree, I don't know why USPS would even deliver that.
I've had this happen before as well. It was actually a pick up AT the Post Office! I guess a lot of people send empty boxes and it doesn't look odd to them.. Or they just think people are dumb enough to not notice!
Jun 03, 2015, 07:12 PM
Thread OP
Lol. I'm demanding because I'm looking for you to do a little work and contact your post office? I work for a living too. And I like to get things that I pay for.
Jun 03, 2015, 07:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Hucker
It's more of the demanding attitude from the buyer that rubs me the wrong way. I'm pm's he is blaming me for sending him a empty box... I'm not gonna put the guy on blast but all others that have bought from me over the years know I ship promptly, securely and really am easy going.
But when I don't have time to reply instantly and a paypal claim is filed I will let them decide. I work hard for a living like most.... so yes due to you being super demanding I'm letting paypal earn there 3% on this one....
Ps, you escalated it to a claim--not me.
Jun 03, 2015, 07:14 PM
Quote:
It's more of the demanding attitude from the buyer that rubs me the wrong way. I'm pm's he is blaming me for sending him a empty box... .
Either of you willing to post the PM's? As said above...there's always more to the story! Bad attitude either way can cloud judgement.
Jun 03, 2015, 07:16 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by arik434
Quote:
I would recommend contacting usps with the tracking info and start a claim. Obviously it did not leave my possession that way! I can't be held responsible for a USPS mistake. Let me know what your local po says
Sorry bro, this is your responsibility to do the insurance. I already called them and they said it needs to be filed by the person who paid and shipped it.

I will start the PayPal claim immediately if leave me no choice.

Well, I'm sure paypal can help out. You didn't ask for insurance so I sent it as requested. I guess hit them up. I'll let paypal decide I guess if you want to do that go ahead man. I'm out a motor as much as you are....it sucks for sure
Jun 03, 2015, 07:19 PM
Trader Rating: 708
He can post whatever he wants too... I'm going to let paypal decide. I'm out a motor or $60 just like him.that box was packed solid when it left my possession.

Quick Reply