This thread is privately moderated by mfwilliams, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 03, 2015, 04:20 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
Discussion

2015 Hood River-Day 4

Day 4 was the best day so far. We spent a lot of our morning messing around Hood River with a long breakfast, souvenir shopping and another trip to the hobby shop. We finally left Hood by 12:30 pm and headed straight for Grayback. The drive in wasn’t bad. In fact it looked like it had been graded this year. Four wheel drive was not needed.
Conditions were excellent. Lift was everywhere. Pretty steady 15-20 mph wind coming out of the valley. Even when cold “sinky” air rolled through, you could still hang along the slope without fear of disappearing into the gorge below.
We flew until the setting sun began to give us problems on perspectives of the planes.
As we drove off Grayback we made the decision to hit Huntington’s steak house and bar in Klickitat. We hadn’t been there in years. It was a good choice. We all choose steaks and they were delicious. As an added bonus, one of the locals bought our table a round of beers.
Mike
PS tomorrow looks like Bald Butte.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2015, 12:21 AM
BB In The Sun

Watching you with envy

Great shots Mike.

In photo number 9 Day 4, is that Amadeo close to the edge or just an illusion?

A nice day on the Hill last Sat May 30. Good relatively cool breeze from the east.
Lunch at La Pizzaria.

Hi to all.

LL
Jun 05, 2015, 12:28 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
Yes Amadeo was flying much closer to the edge this year. Larry, thanks for the pic and report. Mike
Jun 08, 2015, 06:46 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
i sure wish i had known there was a slope site down there, i have been going to The Dalles for a long time to visit friends and family!

Quick Reply