Sep 27, 2015, 10:58 PM
Team Twisted!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethorus
...in the form of a .60 size glow P51. I was doing a low inverted pass over the runway when the P51 was doing a high speed low pass the other direction. Chewed up the whole side. You can probably tell me the pitch of the prop by the spacing of the 5 strikes(exit wounds) along the fuselage. Doh! P-51 kept on going with only a cracked windshield. Double Doh!
ouch..!
cdee
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2015, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
I watched one of my flying pals have way too much fun with his F22 this AM! Nice flying Mike Troy!! I could not believe everything it could do. And how light it was when Mike handed it to me at the end of the flight. Been awhile since I had a profile foamy pusher but I have always liked the RCF models.

Totally awesome shots Bajora!
Nov 06, 2015, 02:34 AM
"Kneel before Zod!"
I can't tell from any of the pictures, is the prop held on with o-rings?
Nov 06, 2015, 08:32 AM
AA6JB
Yes, exactly. A traditional collet style prop saver.
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
Nov 06, 2015, 10:06 AM
"Kneel before Zod!"
Good to know. I was thinking of upgrading the motor to the Crack Series 2206 1450kv for a little more power.
Nov 09, 2015, 10:57 PM
AA6JB
I shot and edited a video of the F22 flying this past weekend.

Posted over on the FlyRC.com web site (LINK) if you care to watch it? Brad should have it up on Twisted Hobbys also soon.
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
Nov 10, 2015, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
I shot and edited a video of the F22 flying this past weekend.

Posted over on the FlyRC.com web site (LINK) if you care to watch it? Brad should have it up on Twisted Hobbys also soon.
Totally enjoy it! Loved the video and review, great job guys!
Nov 28, 2015, 05:46 PM

Just built one...

I have a question for you all that have built this. I am new to building but have been flying a Delta now for a year.
When I put the F22 together this Thanksgiving weekend I bought the power package suggested for this setup which came with an orange propeller.
How do I put this on the motor shaft? There is nothing about that in the instructions, a picture would help there.
I just pushed the propeller on the shaft and it seems fine, but should I have some kind of locking on it? It came with screws and a round locking ring but it did not seem to work on the F22. Is simply pushing the propeller onto the motor enough to fly? Will the propeller fall off?
Please if you have built one and know how to attach this let me know. Maybe even a picture?
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!
Nov 28, 2015, 06:02 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
The Twisted motors use o-rings to hold the prop on. I just looked at the pics on the website and it seems that motor has a reversible prop adapter. One side of it should fit the prop correctly. Mount it to the motor with that side outward and attach the prop to it with o-rings (facing the front of course).
Dec 10, 2015, 09:56 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
Got mine assembled over turkey day weekend. Power/control system is: Sunnysky 2206 1500kv motor, Hobbyking Blueseries 12 amp esc, Lemon 6-channel rx, Turnigy 50090 metal gear servos, and Nano-Tech 850 3s 25-40c packs. AUW was 280 grams. Turning an 8x4DD prop, the wattmeter shows 164.9 watts, 13.9 amps, 11.51 volts. Lots of power on tap and unlimited vertical. It flew well enough but really needed rudders. Last weekend I decided to add some. I used HXT 500 servos and some leftover hardware & cf rod from previous profile plane builds. After adding 4 grams to the nose, total weight comes to 302 grams. Now if only the weather will cooperate for a re-maiden...
Dec 16, 2015, 10:06 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
Finally got a chance to take it up and test the mod. Rudders are a great addition to this plane. Indoor flying is a breeze now that I can make tight flat turns. The extra weight is not noticeable. Knife edge is possible with some speed and it will do hammerheads and flat-ish spins as well. It was worth the effort. I wonder why Twisted didn't make this kit with rudders to begin with.

Edit: Forgot to add, 8+ minute flight times.
Last edited by turbovector; Dec 16, 2015 at 10:19 PM.
Dec 25, 2015, 01:39 PM

Bigger/Better motor?

Built kit, bought recommended electronics.
30 flights in, I changed props to an 8x6 I had handy, wanting just a little more speed.
40 flights in, I lost power early in the flight, looks like I've killed the motor or speed controller, which is ok, I've abused the combo.

So now I've been looking for a new power combo. I'm running a pair of 450 3 cells, one on each side. CG is great, shut off power and it pretty much just harriers flat side down (which is good unless you are over a tree at the time)

Amazing model, lots of fun, worth every penny as is, but I'd love to have another 30% more speed, and just a tad more power.

Anyone with a suggestion? orig motor was a 2204-1420 with a 10amp esc
Dec 28, 2015, 01:14 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
This plane was not really meant for speed. But if you look on page 3 of this thread, someone has used a higher kv motor and larger esc with good results. FWIW i'm happy with my power combo, good power and long flights.
Dec 28, 2015, 10:52 PM
I do not fly this plane yet , but it really looks nice .
Jan 16, 2016, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovector
...Rudders are a great addition to this plane. Indoor flying is a breeze now that I can make tight flat turns...
Awesome Turbovector! Glad the rudders worked out, it looks like it is well worth doing.

Quick Reply