Thread Tools
Aug 04, 2015, 07:40 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
airbagit13's Avatar
Meh, I decided to go with the two servo build. Batteries should get here tomorrow and I am ready to fly.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2015, 05:07 PM
Out Standing In The Field
RexGalore's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbagit13 View Post
Meh, I decided to go with the two servo build. Batteries should get here tomorrow and I am ready to fly.
The suspense is killin' me!

Sep 05, 2015, 12:40 PM
Registered User
rohan67's Avatar

Turnigy 2730-1500 kv


Hi...
Turnigy2730-1500 kv,24 grams,with 3s 850-1000mah and 8/4 propp,it will work !?
Thanks
Sep 08, 2015, 10:00 AM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan67 View Post
Hi...
Turnigy2730-1500 kv,24 grams,with 3s 850-1000mah and 8/4 propp,it will work !?
Thanks
The motor itself has comparable specs to the recommended motor, the only thing is the way the Turnigy motor mounts, it might be a little tight on the back side of the prop slot.
.
cdee
.
Sep 09, 2015, 05:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
Yes to your first question.... kind of a standard configuration for the park jets, gives lots of authority and helps in the high alpha and slow flight maneuvers.
.
Have not ever tried a 4 servo set up.... but I agree that could be interesting
.
cdee
.
I am trying to figure out program mix to get the proper function for the airelon elevators on the same servo. I am using a JR 9503 which is similar to the Spectrum radio. I got everything working right except for the right airleon direction. I have tried everything I can think of bur I am stuck. Any help appreciated.
Sep 09, 2015, 07:20 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittercat View Post
I am trying to figure out program mix to get the proper function for the airelon elevators on the same servo. I am using a JR 9503 which is similar to the Spectrum radio. I got everything working right except for the right airleon direction. I have tried everything I can think of bur I am stuck. Any help appreciated.
.
Does your radio have an "Elevon" function? Specifically on the DX9 it is the Elevon-B wing type.
.
cdee
.
Sep 09, 2015, 08:02 PM
Out Standing In The Field
RexGalore's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
The motor itself has comparable specs to the recommended motor, the only thing is the way the Turnigy motor mounts, it might be a little tight on the back side of the prop slot.
.
cdee
.
This might be a good thing, though. It looks like there's plenty of "meat" to trim on the back side for clearance, and moving the prop back might make the plane quieter, according to Otto's tests.
Sep 09, 2015, 10:11 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
.
Does your radio have an "Elevon" function? Specifically on the DX9 it is the Elevon-B wing type.
.
cdee
.
Thanks cdee. I set it to Wing Type, then Delta and I was in business. I appreciate you quick response.
Sep 10, 2015, 06:10 AM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittercat View Post
Thanks cdee. I set it to Wing Type, then Delta and I was in business. I appreciate you quick response.
.
excellent... good to hear... have fun with your maiden.
.
cdee
.
Sep 14, 2015, 03:33 PM
Registered User
Sethorus's Avatar

F22 Night lights and Flight


This thing is so Smooth, Fun and easy to fly, it's become my go to these days. No wonder they are currently sold out. After flying at my field, they all wanted one!

Specs:
Value Hobby 2206 1500Kv motor
2 x Tower 9g metal gear servos
12 amp speed controller
Lemon receiver
1000 mAh 30C battery (good flight times)
I added white LED headlights and red afterburners!
I also modded the top of the nose to come off with Velcro so I can attach my Mobius. You have to move the battery waaay back to balance though.

My wife's friends daughter modeling mine and night flight vid! Neighborhood dog wanted a ride...or a bite!

Twisted Hobbies F22 Night Flight (2 min 18 sec)
Last edited by Sethorus; Sep 14, 2015 at 09:09 PM.
Sep 14, 2015, 09:50 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Thread OP
great to hear... I fly mine a lot too, as you mentioned super smooth and easy to fly.... the lights look nice.
.
cdee
.
Sep 15, 2015, 09:35 AM
Twisted Realm's Avatar
Awesome video and photo Sethorus we are glad to hear you are enjoying your Raptor! They are back in stock today!
Sep 27, 2015, 04:27 PM
AA6JB
Bajora's Avatar
I watched one of my flying pals have way too much fun with his F22 this AM! Nice flying Mike Troy!! I could not believe everything it could do. And how light it was when Mike handed it to me at the end of the flight. Been awhile since I had a profile foamy pusher but I have always liked the RCF models.







Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
Sep 27, 2015, 05:05 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Thread OP
The F-22 does surprise a lot of people... nice photos..!
.
cdee
.
Sep 27, 2015, 10:28 PM
Registered User
Sethorus's Avatar

F22 Met its match...


...in the form of a .60 size glow P51. I was doing a low inverted pass over the runway when the P51 was doing a high speed low pass the other direction. Chewed up the whole side. You can probably tell me the pitch of the prop by the spacing of the 5 strikes(exit wounds) along the fuselage. Doh! P-51 kept on going with only a cracked windshield. Double Doh!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools