Sep 15, 2021, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
I have both ailerons and control surfaces a little up (1/8" approximately) and CG back about an inch so it flies level at medium power.
Thank you very much you're a star! Very much appreciated.

Tony
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2021, 11:12 AM
I really need to try and remember to work on mine and get it back in the air. To many other RC projects lately. a while back I plugged the battery in backwards somehow and melted the JST plug. Don't know what else may have fried yet. Had a hard time finding any new ones with heavier gauge wire but finally located some on EBay and have them waiting to be installed. Little Crack Yak 55 also has been taking up the slack of not having the F22 to fly.
Sep 16, 2021, 01:49 PM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Ah, it is too easy to push the JST plugs together. You may have fried the ESC or RX too.I have tried to really focus on the wire colors as my buddy made this mistake. He also now marks the connectors and batteries and I should do that.

It would be great if you could post the heavy duty JST plugs link.
Sep 16, 2021, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
Ah, it is too easy to push the JST plugs together. You may have fried the ESC or RX too.I have tried to really focus on the wire colors as my buddy made this mistake. He also now marks the connectors and batteries and I should do that.

It would be great if you could post the heavy duty JST plugs link.
I wouldn't go so far as to say heavy duty but better the all the 28 gauge ones I have, 22 gauge wire. May or may not work in my setup as I have 12 gauge running most the way from my ESC to the front of the plane and even a 1/4 inch section of 28 gauge melted in 30 seconds of flight when I tried to fix it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/174553267210
Sep 20, 2021, 05:52 PM
Finally got around to working on my F22 and the 22 awg wires worked. On my F22 I have a 30amp ESC and 12 gauge wire running up to the battery so it takes a good wire to handle that extra available current. Don't ask why, long story but it works. I did put bullet connectors on this time to ease repairs if needed in the future.

ETA it is back flying again without issue using the new JST with the 22 gauge wire.
Last edited by tnriverluver; Sep 23, 2021 at 11:53 PM.

Quick Reply