Nov 19, 2018, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsasteam
Hi Areo nichi!
could you please tell which motors and esc's you used ,and maybe some close up pics of your set up?
Thanks!
Hi. Sorry for late reply. The F-22 specs are here.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3056070-RC-Factory-F-22-Raptor-Twin-Motor-Thrust-Vector-Modification
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2018, 10:32 PM
ids911
I have a kit arriving this week, going to add the rudder mod and add lighting, hoping for fun!
Dec 19, 2018, 08:35 AM
Should be lots of fun, just keep it light!
Jan 01, 2019, 08:07 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Unfolding the control surfaces and about to dive into the assembly!
Jan 27, 2019, 12:02 PM
ids911
Finally maiden the F22 and no problems, flew right out the hand and didn’t need any trim adjustments. Slow flight was very stable and stalled forward rather than a roll. Not as fast as I would like, might work on that.
Jan 28, 2019, 07:16 AM
You'll have a blast with it!
Feb 19, 2019, 12:26 AM
ids911
Great flyer, surprised more aren’t still flying this. Planning on figuring out more power for a little faster. Anyone tried anything?
Mar 13, 2019, 07:12 AM
I know this is not a very active thread but I bought one of these as a simple fun flyer. Is 18 3/4 inches the consensus of CG? Want to use 3s 800's and they are a little to close to the front for my liking.
Latest blog entry: VA Models Christen Eagle
Mar 14, 2019, 07:39 AM
I don't have access to mine right now, but from some pics, the front of the battery was even with the front of the canopy. I started out using 850/3 cell batteries and then switched to 500/3 cell. Never rechecked to cg, but it flies a lot "floatier" with the smaller battery. I think it has a pretty wide range for the cg.

Mine does have two 4 gram rudder servos.
Mar 14, 2019, 07:47 AM
Team Twisted!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceinvader
I know this is not a very active thread but I bought one of these as a simple fun flyer. Is 18 3/4 inches the consensus of CG? Want to use 3s 800's and they are a little to close to the front for my liking.
Spaceinvader... I set it to 18.5 and used two smaller 3s/450 saddled on either side of the fuselage.
cdee
Mar 14, 2019, 08:04 AM
Thanks guys. I'm cutting a slot so I want to get it close to right place. Not a real big fan of Velcro on batteries.
Mar 31, 2019, 07:30 AM
I now have 6 or so flights on my F22. After first few flights I kept moving my left thumb in turns so I decided to add rudders. Adds a whole new dimension to it's flight envelope. Extreme rudder authority in my setup. So much that I am considering reducing throws. If I was doing it again, I would make them a little smaller. Added carbon flats to front of vertical stabs. Foam tac hinges, 9 gram servos and CF pushrods. 5 gram servos would be sufficient. Electronics are: 2206 1500kv Sunnysky motor, 12A Skypower switchmode esc, 12g Powerup metal gear servos for aileron/elevator, Emax 9gr servos rudder, Lemon 6ch Dsm receiver, 3S 800mah GensAce 40C batteries, Gws 8x4 prop. Right now CG is at 19 1/2" but still seems a little nose heavy. Getting roughly 5:30 to 6 minute flights. Was even able to do some sloppy hovers. Very fun plane to fly and extremely easy to land. First plane that I have considered doing hand catches. May add some more color to bottom, sides to help a little in orientation because at certain angles it becomes difficult to tell what's going on. Very happy with plane and for very little money I would recommend to anyone for something a little different for your hanger. If you are considering doing rudder mod, it would be a lot easier to do BEFORE you install the vertical stabs. Also difficult hooking up servo leads after the fact.
Last edited by spaceinvader; Mar 31, 2019 at 07:36 AM.
Apr 01, 2019, 05:43 AM
Rudders are the only way to go with this plane
Apr 01, 2019, 10:45 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Tempting mod... may have to add them!

Curious why you mounted your servos so far away from the rudder, could you not get CG by moving battery forward and run shorter connections?
Apr 01, 2019, 12:50 PM
I put the servos roughly at CG. You start running out of foam if you move the slot for battery forward and I'm using 3S 800's. If you are using Velcro, it might not be an issue. The whole setup only added about 25 grams. I was also trying to save existing slot I had cut plus I had the CF rods.

Quick Reply