Aug 18, 2019, 01:21 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Guys, slowly but surely
Jon
I had early JF 120 ECOs with Pars heat sinks on HET 590s. Swapped those out for Streamfans, which came assembled and balanced. I have not run them other than checking they were turning the right way

Second side glassed
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2019, 01:23 PM
Thread OP
..DUP post
Aug 18, 2019, 05:12 PM
those stream fan units look the dogs for sure. 14 lbs of thrust on the 10s setup is nothing to turn your nose up at either. It'd be nice to hear what you're getting when they are installed.
Aug 18, 2019, 08:20 PM
Thread OP
Supposed to be 19+ on 14s at 51.8 volts
Rainer posted the 590 as doing 21+ lbs, but at 54.1 volts. Feel sure it will do just as good as the HET at the same voltage
Aug 22, 2019, 09:44 PM
Thread OP
A little more progress, fins and rudders are glassed, skim coated, sanded, and hinged, 100% Spackle free, and ready for primer. Not sure if I'm going to prime them for Ejets as I still have a lot of details to add. I'll end up removing the primer, besides, it breaks up the all gray primer look. Aileron horns are changed, a few servos replaced, and got the tail rigged. Spent a few hours going thru it cleaning things up, air lines, putting satellite RXs back in place, wire routing, air tanks are back in, etc, etc. Still a lot to do, but list is getting shorter

Everything has been taken apart, put back together, taken apart again, I can't remember what is "shop" together, vs ready to fly, so going thru all of it.

Looking promising for Ejets

F-18 walkaround (1 min 8 sec)
Last edited by 70 ragtop; Aug 22, 2019 at 09:58 PM.
Aug 23, 2019, 05:06 AM
Msn that looks fantastic. A very clean installation. those horizontal stabs look solid. It's nice to see stuff moving around as well right.
Aug 23, 2019, 05:40 AM
Looks great! Your build shop music sounds just like mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 ragtop
A little more progress, fins and rudders are glassed, skim coated, sanded, and hinged, 100% Spackle free, and ready for primer. Not sure if I'm going to prime them for Ejets as I still have a lot of details to add. I'll end up removing the primer, besides, it breaks up the all gray primer look. Aileron horns are changed, a few servos replaced, and got the tail rigged. Spent a few hours going thru it cleaning things up, air lines, putting satellite RXs back in place, wire routing, air tanks are back in, etc, etc. Still a lot to do, but list is getting shorter

Everything has been taken apart, put back together, taken apart again, I can't remember what is "shop" together, vs ready to fly, so going thru all of it.

Looking promising for Ejets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaxx...ature=youtu.be
Aug 23, 2019, 06:21 AM
Certified Eagle and Bug Driver
She's looking good Mike, great job!!

Jim
Aug 23, 2019, 10:27 AM
Will build for food!!!
She is looking so SWEET Mike! Looking forward to seeing her in person in 10 days.
Aug 23, 2019, 11:26 AM
Very very nice Mike!!
Aug 23, 2019, 11:24 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys

Nothing really to show tonight. Got the wings done, three new servos, new linkages, rigged and ready to go. Last thing for the wings is to change the resistors for the LEDs, but I ran out of solder. I did get the position lights in the fuse before running out, and knocked out a bit more clean up in the fuse. It's to the point of installing the fans, making some thrust tubes, and looking and battery position and balancing

Just realized the last Radio Shack around us has closed, which is kind of a bummer!
Aug 24, 2019, 01:21 PM
Wow...excellent work!
Aug 24, 2019, 10:20 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Kevin
Aug 25, 2019, 05:49 PM
Thread OP
Got the gear doors installed, and swings are done. Fans are in, thrust tubes done ( could only find white translucent Mylar, which does not look to good from the back end, but it is what it is).
Got it balanced last night, battery hold down this morning and got it outside. No video, and only a couple pictures. Was just checking brake pressure, and steering. It seems to accelerate pretty good in the tall grass, but I didn't push it. Put it on the scale, and ready to fly, minus nose cone, canopy, and hatch, was 41.3 lbs. I was amazed that moving 11lbs of batteries didn't have a bigger effect on CG. Guess it doesn't make that big a difference when they get this heavy. Looking forward to checking out the packs BobB is using. 8000s that are a lighter than the HK Graphene 6000s that are in it, and they are supposed to be performing really well.
Aug 26, 2019, 05:26 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Looking great Mike!

J

Quick Reply