Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 01, 2015, 09:07 PM
Ron
Ron
Discussion

Chilliwack Wet and Dry summer Fly

It`s official.
The Chilliwack Electric Flyers are hosting an electric fly in at their field at Skway Lake air Park... Date is Aug 14. 15, and 16.
float pond and the land strip will be open.

Hope you all can make it back for another great weekend.
we enjoyed your company so much we decided to invite you all back...and FRANK
no excuses this time Sam and Beverly...we made sure the date works for your work schedule...just because we`re nice guys

ron
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2015, 09:52 PM
Ken Stuhr

Works for me!!!

Looking forward Ron, thanks!! Maybe a little lower gale this time, eh? I was very impressed with the May event and the progress on the field-super! Thanks for your hospitality, as well.

Ken
Jun 01, 2015, 10:23 PM
Team Tracon!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for tweaking the date for us.....Because of my summer work schedule, we wouldn't have a hope of being there if it were any other weekend...for that we're very grateful!.

So we're looking forward to being there.....right next to Ken!.

Can't wait to get back to Chilliwack!

Still working on pictures....

Sam & Beverly
Team Tracon

P.S. Barney is shown here, flying his new DHC-2 Beaver in circles trying to find his way back to Chilliwack!

Last edited by Tracon; Jun 02, 2015 at 11:58 PM.
Jun 01, 2015, 11:06 PM
Ron
Ron
It wouldn`t be a success without the support of all our friends. Hope we can keep doing this
for many summers to come. Ken and Sam have the first two reserved spots.
Now we just need to get AL to bring his DR1, and we will have a complete Jasta :-)
Jun 02, 2015, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracon
..Because of my summer work schedule, we wouldn't have a hope of being there if it were any other weekend...for that we're very grateful!
Lucky for you then. Look forward to seeing the pictures from the event. I have a nephew getting married that weekend.
Sam you might even know who it is.
Rick
Jun 02, 2015, 12:40 PM
We are all looking forward to another great weekend ...see ya soon

Jon
Jun 02, 2015, 10:58 PM
Team Tracon!
Hi Rick,

We're going to miss ya!

We look forward to seeing you next May if not sooner!

Sam & Beverly
Jun 04, 2015, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
It`s official.
The Chilliwack Electric Flyers are hosting an electric fly in at their field at Skway Lake air Park... Date is Aug 14. 15, and 16.

We decided to invite you all back...and FRANK
no excuses this time
ron
Sorry Ron. I'm afraid I have an excuse. I'll be rather busy.
Jun 05, 2015, 12:25 PM
Team Tracon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolpertinger
Sorry Ron. I'm afraid I have an excuse. I'll be rather busy.
That's a bummer!

Wish you could be there.....
Jun 10, 2015, 11:07 PM
Team Tracon!
2015 Ivan Pettigrew Spring Float & Land Fly
Pictures!

Hi Gang,

Sorry this took so long. After many hours sorting all of the pictures and Beverly spending many hours at the computer processing them, we are finally finished!.

All the pictures have been uploaded to our website...

Thanks again to everyone who attended the event and provided the many aircraft that were captured in Beverly's pictures.

For all the action from this year's event please visit our website:

www.teamtracon.com

Sam & Beverly
Team Tracon

Last edited by Tracon; Jun 12, 2015 at 06:55 AM.
Jun 13, 2015, 01:04 AM
Hi Guys,

The picture above is Ivan's newest prototype called the lake master....Which I am now the proud owner of.....She has been through quite a bit, so some TLC was in order and I am going to give it a try out tomorrow. The second incarnation is being worked on now.

Wanted every one to know the planned expansion for the runway is officially a go and work will proceed ASAP. We should be fully functional by August and a 300 - 350ft runway when its completed.

No plans have been put in place for the lake expansion yet, other then the removal of the diving platform :0)

Jon
Jun 13, 2015, 10:49 AM
Mr. Tracon's better half
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman57
Hi Guys,

The picture above is Ivan's newest prototype called the lake master....Which I am now the proud owner of.....She has been through quite a bit, so some TLC was in order and I am going to give it a try out tomorrow. The second incarnation is being worked on now.

Wanted every one to know the planned expansion for the runway is officially a go and work will proceed ASAP. We should be fully functional by August and a 300 - 350ft runway when its completed.

No plans have been put in place for the lake expansion yet, other then the removal of the diving platform :0)

Jon

Sounds like it's going to be awesome. We've got our room booked for August and we are looking forward to it already.
Jun 13, 2015, 11:03 PM
SAM - I corrected the links to Tracon (spelling) on our site today.....Heads Up Everyone...our runway expansion started today,,,attached photos ...you will also notice in the attached pond shot there is something missing.

The runway on the west end runs slightly up hill which was by choice . Just about all models could take off on our strip as it was, but the landing was a different story, so the uphill at the very end is a added feature/bonus for over runs. Total runway length now is ........ (drum roll) 425 Feet. We feel we will be in great shape for August.

We are actively doing a pledge drive for turf ... but if we don't make our pledge goals in time, then we will seed with fast growing grass and we will be able to irrigate from our lake and still be ready for August.

Finally, because we have received multiple requests, I thought I would mention it here, and that is, we have now opened the upper meadow for exclusive use of 3D, Planes, Helicopters and Platforms to allow pilots who also fly these type of aircraft from their collection, as well as giving them access to our other full club facilities, electric only.

During any of our events, the upper meadow May Not be available for this purpose because of camping requirements for our events.

Finally, the site building which has remained nameless for so long, has found a name ...... " The Pavilion"

Jon Light
Last edited by Tman57; Jun 14, 2015 at 11:26 AM.
Jun 14, 2015, 11:08 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Great news Jon - and no diving platform! Does the access track cross the runway? Will you have traffic lights?

Mike
Jun 14, 2015, 11:25 AM
Hey Mike...

It was good to see you back this spring. We are in negotiations with a 1/4 mile drag strip to see if we can buy their old staging lights... we just have to figure out who is going to run them....have a great summer and we will keep you posted.

Jon

Quick Reply