Adam Bomb (explosion simulating) bomb and mechanism - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 01, 2015, 10:17 AM
Bombs away!!!
Cool

Adam Bomb (explosion simulating) bomb and mechanism

This product came out in 2015 and is very fun and reliable compared to the Quantum bomb It isn't plug and play, but with some modeling skill the options are endless. It is filled with inert ingredients like the others, but has a much better clasp in the bomb itself so it won't break apart in the air like the others. The bomb also seems more durable then the others. The mechanism is highly adaptable to many situations outside of just dropping the bomb. It can be use for drop tanks or parachutes because it comes with a spare release mechanism that can be glued to whatever you want. you will need a servo which isn't included to make it a stand alone, but even if you don't have a spare channel you could hook it to the flaps or any other channel that isn't used to it's extreme throws in flight to release the bomb or whatever. This is the websitehttp://www.dropadambomb.com
Last edited by quitcherbitchen; Sep 18, 2017 at 06:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2015, 08:36 AM
you've got a " at the end of your link that doesn't belong there
Jul 12, 2015, 10:24 AM
Bombs away!!!
Thanks fixed it.
Aug 19, 2015, 09:31 AM
Living in the south of France
Is the bomb made of the same material as the HK one ?.
Aug 19, 2015, 09:35 AM
Bombs away!!!
I think it is stronger. I usually drop mine on asphalt and they typically survive 10 to 15 drops before a crack develops. On dirt and grass they last much, much longer
Aug 19, 2015, 10:10 AM
Living in the south of France
Thanks, I saw that some change the complete nose of the bomb with foam rubber, I will try that first.
Sep 09, 2015, 10:46 AM
Gugie
Adam Bomb in the bomb bay of my B25

Haven't had a chance to get it in the air yet but the bombs were easy to install and look great.
Sep 14, 2015, 12:08 AM
This looks identical to the old (and much missed) Vortac Bomb & release. Has anyone compared the spacing of the pins to see if they are compatible? I have a number of the Vortacs, and if someone wants to loan me a spare release clip so I can compare, I'd be happy to return it (and pay your postage). dabraze@juno.com

The Vortac bombs are made of "bleach bottle" type of very durable plastic. I've never had one break from impact, although I NEVER drop them on concrete. Also, since they're great kid-pleasers, I usually tie about a 24" piece of thread & 18" of crepe paper on the rear of the bombs. It slows down their fall, and makes them very predictable, and much harder to lose. The nice thing is, if there are kids around you NEVER have to retrieve the bombs, and, as a matter of fact, with the tails on them, the kids get in a competition to chatch 'em, and they rarely even make it to the ground, heh.
Sep 14, 2015, 12:25 AM
Bombs away!!!
Pins are wider and reversed from the Vortac units. They are not compatible. I like your streamer idea and use of Minions though. hehe
Jan 09, 2016, 02:53 PM

Adam Bomb build...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen
This product came out last year and is very fun and reliable compared to the Quantum and Hobby Lobby bombs. It isn't plug and play, but with some modeling skill the options are endless. It is filled with inert ingredients like the others, but has a much better clasp in the bomb itself so it won't break apart in the air like the others. The bomb also seems more durable then the others. The mechanism is highly adaptable to many situations outside of just dropping the bomb. It can be use for drop tanks or parachutes because it comes with a spare release mechanism that can be glued to whatever you want. you will need a servo which isn't included to make it a stand alone, but even if you don't have a spare channel you could hook it to the flaps or any other channel that isn't used to it's extreme throws in flight to release the bomb or whatever. This is the websitehttp://www.dropadambomb.com
Adam,
Here's are pics. of my Adam Bomb drop setup for my VQ models SBD that you helped me with. The pics of your build for your Skyraider were a great help in what I came up with. I hope the descriptions on each pic explain the build. If not, a reply/question and I'll go into future detail.
Jun 01, 2016, 09:52 AM
Bombs away!!!
Here is a slow motion of the Adam Bomb hitting the deck.
Adam Bomb Slo Motion (0 min 11 sec)
Last edited by quitcherbitchen; Jun 02, 2016 at 12:27 AM.
Jun 14, 2016, 07:32 PM
Bombs away!!!
Here is a good one
B 17 hitting Doomstown (0 min 21 sec)
Jun 19, 2016, 10:03 PM
I just placed an order and plan on adapting an FW190 drop tank then P-47 pylons.
Jul 27, 2016, 10:08 AM
Bombs away!!!
I built a new target -Reichstag. I made a foam cutter by watching youtube and it makes things super easy. The cutter actually only cost $3.50. All the materials including the foam were recycled. This should make the target practice/missions more significant.
Last edited by quitcherbitchen; Sep 03, 2016 at 07:40 PM.
Jul 06, 2017, 10:59 AM
Bombs away!!!
Just an update of things I have been working on. First, my friend Joaquins made a 3d printed servo mount to try and make it easier to plug and play the mechanism. It seems to work good for people who don't have a digital radio or don't want to fuss too much with making pushrods. Special Thanks to Joaquins for designing the holder. Secondly, another modeler gave me an idea to use the manual release mechanism as a horn instead of the stock ones. The servo can be surface mounted next to the mechanism and still operate the mechanism without cutting into the wing or fuselage. All in all some great ideas.