Jan 01, 2018, 06:00 AM
Thread OP
I changed position of the camera on the fuselage so as to have a better view it's on the vertical axis and I secured with ducting tape.

After the flight I took the camera off the fuselage and a piece of monocote ripped off.
I will upload photo in the afternoon because I have the model in my car.
Can I have some juicing on my youtube post please?
Hobbico Avistar with O.S. 46 (14 min 17 sec)

The airfield is situated at Anavissos, not much populated in the southwestern part of Athens 15km(=10miles) away from the Athens Airport.
Last edited by johngr; Jan 01, 2018 at 11:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2018, 05:12 AM
Thread OP
Avistar with O.S. 46 (13 min 15 sec)

better quality video(edited)

Discussing about after run oil , a guy at the field told me that he used 2 stroke motorcycle oil for after run lubrication for his 2 stroke nitro engine and I recommended him to stop using it it's wrong , nothing compares with 2 stroke motorcycle engines with 2 stroke nitro engines, different temperatures.higher temperatures in nitro engines . it's better to use ATF for after run. Any thoughts?
Last edited by johngr; Jan 02, 2018 at 09:46 AM.
Jun 11, 2018, 07:51 AM
Thread OP
Went to fly on Sunday.

I used 800mah approximately for 4 flights. 35min average.
My setup is 4 analog servos 6V.
Last edited by johngr; Jun 11, 2018 at 08:09 AM.
Apr 28, 2019, 05:35 PM
Thread OP
OK, tomorrow maiden, how much expo ? aileron? and elevator, ?

I think not to use mixing.

any feedback is appreciated
Jul 23, 2019, 09:19 AM
Thread OP
My antenna broke off, second time, is there replacement antenna and how much?

Transmitter is Futaba 6EX 2.4Mhz
I was informed that there is a modded antenna for the transmitter like the wireless antenna that the computers use that screws on the thread on top of the transmitter case.
please provide link.
Aug 03, 2019, 12:55 PM
Old-school glow kit-builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngr
Hi guys,

...used escapade .61 for 230E including engine(90 FX OS)
I bought a used OS .61 Max SF off Ebay. I have not run it yet so I do not know of the condition yet. It looks good and feels good so we will see as time passes. The last used engine I bought was a McCoy .35 Redhead for $5 in 1968. It was a GREAT running engine and I had zero problems with it. Life is good!

There are some postings about OS sleeve plating coming off. I seem to remember it being the FX model. I would look into it.
Oct 16, 2019, 05:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee taylor
I bought a used OS .61 Max SF off Ebay. I have not run it yet so I do not know of the condition yet. It looks good and feels good so we will see as time passes. The last used engine I bought was a McCoy .35 Redhead for $5 in 1968. It was a GREAT running engine and I had zero problems with it. Life is good!

Hope engine runs ok.
There are some postings about OS sleeve plating coming off. I seem to remember it being the FX model. I would look into it.
I set expo to 10& on aileron and elevator. The Cg is slightly aft.
Today sunshine little wind. Hope the escapade flies good today.
Fingers crossed

Quick Reply