May 31, 2015, 10:37 PM
Data

TGy-i10 ONLY

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but there are a lot of questions out there regarding this radio. My intent is to start a thread that consolidates as much programming and technical information that I can gather into as few posts/pages as I can manage.

If you own the Turnigy TGy-i10 and know how to program mixes, logic switches, and complicated custom functions by all means chime in. Over the next few days I will be adding information regarding these topics and will try to organize them in a way that makes it easy for people to locate, read, and comprehend.

FIRMWARE:
I will edit this post with a link to the newest version.
NO, THE FLYSKY i10 FIRMWARE WILL NOT FLASH TO THE TGY-i10!!!! You risk bricking your Turnigy model if you do.

This update is only good for the TGY-i10 transmitter

The update for the TGY-i10 transmitter will be found here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...X365809X43.zip
Download the ZIP-file onto your computer and extract it. You will find the “.exe" file in the extracted folder Before you start the update, please copy all your model settings onto a SD-card. For your safety! Do not switch on any of your model’s receiver. Please read and understand this manual carefully before you start the firmware update.
How to:
• For updating the Turnigy TGY-i10 transmitter, please switch on your
transmitter only.
• Choose the menu [System] and go to submenu [Firmware update].
• A request will pop up and ask you if you would like to proceed. Please press
[Yes].
• Connect the transmitter to your computer, using the USB cable.
• Start the update (Turnigy TGY-i10 firmware 1.0.7.0 exe)
Warning! Please do not remove your USB cable at this time
while updating the firmware. Otherwise the radio will
completely crash and you will not be able to recover
whatsoever. Please take note!
• Wait until the update has finished.
• Unplug the USB cable. Remove the battery from your transmitter then reinstall
it, switch on your transmitter again.
• Copy the backed-up model settings from the SD Card into the TX.
• Calibrate the screen again.
Please, also update your receivers, to get compatibility to the new
functions.
• You need to re-bind your receivers to your firmware updated Tx. Please make
sure that the models on your transmitter correspond to each model set up when
rebinding.

UPDATING RECEIVERS
• Choose menu [RX setup] and choose submenu [Update receiver].
• A request will pop up and ask for confirmation. If you are sure, press [YES].
• Now the transmitter is waiting for the receiver.
• Power on your receiver. Press the update button on your TGY-i10 or TGYiA6B
V2 receiver. (Please see pictures here in the document).
• Wait until the update is finished.
• Repeat this for any receiver you have, including any newly purchased receiver.

After the update, you will find some new functions.
• Button for resetting the engine timer on the main-screen
• Menu [System] New function for switching on or off of the alarm sound. So
the alarm sound can be set individually without affecting the system sound.
• Menu [RX Setup] you will be able to set the ASL pressure.
• Menu [RX Setup] – [Receiver PPM Output] is now working on your receiver
channel #1.
Hope this Turnigy TGY-i10 firmware update instruction will guide you through
clearly and successfully.
This Turnigy i10 firmware update procedure instruction is provided by Mr. Evil
Pusher.

COMPATIBLE RECEIVERS
I have been told or have read that most Turnigy receivers will bind. I know that as far back as the 9X is supposed to work, of course without telemetry. The same applies to HK branded receivers. After looking through the prices of the various brands on HK, aside from availability, there is no reason to choose any brand over Turnigy.

FlySky receivers matching the Turnigy models should work as well.
i10/i6A and B. the i6a will give you voltage at the receiver but no other telemetry.
i6B will send telemetry
HK-TR6A-v2 (NOT V1) no telemetry
HK-GT2R-V2 (NOT V1) no telemetry

There is a brand called Blitz Works that are rumored to be compatible. They apparently are rebranded FlySky.

BINDING
Power up the i10 and scroll over to RX setup. Place the binding plug into the RX (batt/bind slot). Power up the RX. On the i10 scroll down to bind and tap it. The RX should stop flashing. Pull out the bind plug and disconnect the battery. Repower the RX and test the bind.

Model Match
Before binding you should already have a model set up in the TX. Once you bind that RX to the TX, the RX is assigned to that aircraft or rather the slot it occupies. If you have multiple aircraft it should be impossible to accidentally power up the radio for your P51 and then fly your wing. The model in the plane must match the model your flying. Ive read that its conceivable to set up a model, bind a RX, and then copy that model to another slot and bring the RX with it. I have not clarified if this is possible or what programming or settings it brings with it from one model to another. It may be possible to move the RX from plane to plane without losing the trim settings. I will experiment with it and update as I find the results.

PROGRAMMING
Conditions explained: Conditions is not necessarily meant to be how to program a 3 way switch for different flight modes. You CAN do it that way, however it creates more work if your after a simple 3 way switch. Conditions allow you to program 3 entirely different flying profiles for the same aircraft. For instance, take a 3D plane that's over powered and over propped. If you want to be able to fly it sport scale on take of, 3D in the air, and like a trainer on landing, you can set 3 profiles with different servo throws, rates, and exponential. Be careful to double check that you have gone through all the variable settings if you use conditions. If your just after a simple 3 way switch to change basic flight modes or switch on lights/accessories you can mess yourself up because you could potentially have 3 very different sets of rates/expo and could get yourself in a bind very quickly.

3-WAY SWITCH
I am running the most current version of the firmware so my 3 way switches are working properly. If your 3 way switches do not work, please update the firmware so that you do not have to use Conditions. If you are wanting to assign a 3 way switch like on a multirotor, go into your aux menu and select the channels you want to use. You can label them as anything you like and assign them to a switch. Simply tap the switch icon, tap the 3 way switch you want to use, and tap up, middle, or down. In your multirotor GUI you should be able to assign the flight modes to the corresponding aux channel.
Last edited by DEBAY777; Jun 01, 2015 at 12:59 PM. Reason: additional info
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2015, 01:24 AM
If it flies - I want one!

The story so far V2

I have been copying useful input from the joint thread. Updated version attached.
Cheers,
PeteM
Jun 06, 2015, 01:29 AM
If it flies - I want one!

Trims!

Found out some good and not-so-good and simply true things about the trim setup:
The main trim increments are very fine - 120 steps from centre to full trim, so 240 steps from end to end. A few clicks of trim does virtually nothing for an out-of-trim aircraft; you need to hold the trim button over to get it moving at a good clip. The size and number of increments, or the trim range, do not seem to be adjustable. Bad for me, anyway - I like something to happen when I give a few clicks of trim.
The sub-trim menu uses the same increments, so once you have settled on the correct trim, you can duplicate it easily with sub-trim, then centre your trims. Good.
The trims are separate for each flight condition (sub-trim affects all conditions) so you can get out of shape if you trim in one condition then change conditions - this may be good or bad, or simply true, depending on your druthers.
Higher end Txs give you choices in some of these matters (trim steps, trims common or go with Flight Condition).
Cheers,
PeteM
Last edited by Petem; Jun 07, 2015 at 07:16 AM.
Jun 07, 2015, 05:42 AM
Interesting. I did notice that there were a lot of beeps on the trim. I kept thinking my P51 needed a lot more trim than I expected to fly level. Once on the ground I realized it had barely moved. Same thing with my new giant cub. I just knew I was about to max out trim but so was only about halfway through the trim range.
Jul 05, 2015, 03:02 PM

turnigy i10

could someone please tell me how to connect the receiver to a pixhawk flight controller
Jul 05, 2015, 08:02 PM
I don't know. Have you tried youtube
Jul 26, 2015, 10:11 AM
Hi Folks.
New firmware for tgy-i10 on HK site which gives access to multi rotor setup.
Jul 26, 2015, 12:57 PM
Reeeeaaalllly...... What version
Jul 29, 2015, 09:39 PM
Installed the new firmware for the i10 that lets you........ Well it SUPPOSED to let you run the i10 in the FPV sim called freerider. Firmware works. All new settings for multirotors is all there. I have no idea how to set it all up or even what it all means. I'm confused because typically you can dial in the FC itself to make it fly the way you want.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:21 PM
After installing this firmware update my radio refused to hold models in the memory. I had to keep reloading them from SD card. Not only that, but after that first bind I was unable to rebind any of my receivers. I reinstalled the 1.7 and Im not having any issues.
Aug 10, 2015, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunconst
could someone please tell me how to connect the receiver to a pixhawk flight controller
You need a ppm encoder.
Aug 11, 2015, 11:07 AM
That depends on the receiver. The i6Ab and the i10 are PPM enabled I'm not sure about how to hook up a pix hawk. I suggest using YouTube
Aug 11, 2015, 07:16 PM
Toecutter
To connect to a Pixhawk using PPM, first enable PPM mode on the TGY, and connect the servo lead from the "RC" connector on the Pixhawk to the No. 1 connector on the receiver. That's it.
http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/com...hawk-overview/

Still working on getting the mixes for the 6 flight modes. Stay tuned.
Sep 09, 2015, 12:44 PM
I solved all of my programming issues. I bought a DX6 Black and called it a day
Jan 15, 2016, 05:44 PM

Flight modes

I run three flight modes via switch on my hex. Loiter/stabilize/RTL

I also run "tower" app on my phone with telemetry radio plugged in via usb which gives me the choice of EVERY flight mode.

Sorry about the poor quality photo...

Quick Reply