May 31, 2015, 07:53 PM
Team USA F3F Member
Thread OP
Contest

Official 2016 F3F World Championships USA Team Selection Event

Announcement to All US F3F Pilots!
We are proud to announce the official details for the US Team selection event for the 2016 F3F World Championships that will be held in Hanstholm, Denmark in October of 2016.

The AMA has approved the bid by the Southern California Slope Racing club to host the US Team selection event on September 12th-14th, 2015 to be held in the San Simeon area, California, which has similar slopes to the ones in Denmark.

It has been approved to fly at least 16 rounds over three days to determine the team of three pilots and one alternate pilot to represent the United States.
Participation Requirements
To participate in the team selection event you must be a current AMA member in good standing and pay a $20 program fee, as well as a $120 finals fee to the AMA. The program entry forms are attached to this post. No other requirements necessary to participate, as there are no qualifications for this event.
Contest Details
  • Location : Wicked Sister - San Simeon, CA (GPS 35.688019,-121.288794)
  • Dates : September 12th, 13th and 14th, 2015
  • Contest Director : Bill DelHagen
  • Contest Organizer : Warren Day
  • Event Times : TBA

Site Details
The site to be used for this event is located approximately half way between Los Angeles and San Francisco on the coasts of California. The particular slope that will be considered the primary slope is named Wicked Sister. It is an ocean worn slope about 25 feet high in a good facing wind direction. More information can be found about it here. http://f3xvault.com/?action=location...cation_id=2081

Events have been held there in the past, and it has proved to be a challenging location to fly with easy access for the competitors and helpers, and a great location to visit and stay.

It is also on California State Park land and requires a permit to be used so is considered a neutral site for all competitors, providing for a fair competition.
Local Accommodations
The area of San Simeon has multiple hotels and campgrounds to stay at very near the competition location. More details will be posted in this thread as we get closer to the event.
Helpers Needed!!
We need helpers to work the bases for this event on all three days. Pilots in a team selection event are not allowed to be base workers. Base workers can expect some compensation for time spent working the event, including the coverage of lunches and fluids. A few may get provisions for hotel rooms to stay in the area. Please let us know if you are available to help with the event.
We hope everyone can come join us in this event and help us choose our representing pilots!

Thanks from all of use at SCSR,
Tim Traver (SCSR President)
Last edited by ttraver; Sep 03, 2015 at 09:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2015, 09:17 PM
Signing up for sure!
May 31, 2015, 10:07 PM
In!
May 31, 2015, 10:48 PM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
Wouldn't miss it....in!
May 31, 2015, 11:38 PM
In for sure, will be the race of the year!!
Jun 01, 2015, 02:06 PM
I mailed both my entry forms to Colleen. AMA takes credit cards, I just filled in my cc info on the form......easy peasy. (She will also take a cc over the phone btw)

Our entry fees go directly into the F3F Team Travel Fund (minus event expenses of course) so even if you are on the fence post about going it is a great way to help out the team..........
Jun 02, 2015, 09:48 PM
Will there be a weekend between now and the TS to fly at Twisted Wicked Sister?
Jun 02, 2015, 11:11 PM
Heavy's good, heavy's reliable
Ill sign up but its not looking good.

Looks like Ill be in the Chinese school house for August and September.
Jun 03, 2015, 12:20 AM
Team USA F3F Member
Thread OP
Im in baby!!!

And no, I don't think there will be any opportunity to fly Wicked Sister before the team selects, which I think is a good thing, cause then no one will have any advantages, just like when you travel to Denmark....
Jun 03, 2015, 02:02 AM
Actually we have a permit to fly once there before the team select, still deciding which weekend but it will be open to all
Jun 03, 2015, 12:41 PM
I'm your huckleberry
It appears I have a conflict with a family activity again. I'm working on it, and will do my best to compete in this event. I will sign up in either case, to support the team. I will know more as the date approaches.

I hate it when this happens.

Bob
Jul 01, 2015, 11:44 AM
I'm your huckleberry
conflict is being resolved, time to get my entry fee sent in. Looks like I will make this one. Yeah!

Bob
Jul 01, 2015, 04:52 PM
Great news Bob that you can make it......very cool.

I am really looking forward to this!

Just in case anyone has not seen this thread on the 2016 F3F WC in Denmark by
Erik Dahl Christensen (Event Coordinator and CD)
Chairman of the Danish Soaring Subcomitee
Organiser of WC F3F 2016

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2276283
Last edited by David Olson; Jul 01, 2015 at 05:53 PM.
Jul 06, 2015, 10:35 PM
building season is here.
Even though I don't have a model to fly or practice with currently, count me in. I'll have something by then.

Sam
Jul 07, 2015, 07:57 AM
I'm in! Olson?...Room again???

Sheldon

Quick Reply