Jan 02, 2020, 06:39 PM
SHAG

Happy New Year

Hello Dave Hope everthing is well with you and your family, Joined the Top Of The World Flyers got a nice , 30x600 asphalt runway ,they have a drone club, a car club, and they just started a glider and big helicopter club all in the same area and a160 members, haven't done any flying yet but will doing that soon. say hello to everybody, take care Paul
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2020, 07:07 PM
Thread OP
Good for you, I can't think of anybody that deserves this more, keep enjoying yourself, but hurry home as you are an important part of our club!
Mar 22, 2020, 11:36 PM
Thread OP
I just put a prop calc program on www.flynwolverines.com on the "Links" page, row 6 column A.
It will help with everything electric, but it takes some study to deal with all the parameters, they are extensive!

The program is rich with components in each drop-down selection. You might find your motor brand and model in there!
Last edited by dbacon; Mar 23, 2020 at 12:09 AM.
Jun 11, 2020, 09:24 AM
SHAG

ama ARTICLE

Hello Dave I was wondering if you have read the Old-Timers article page 58 in the June issue by Bob Angel , I hope his prediction are wrong. Paul A
Jun 11, 2020, 01:26 PM
Thread OP
I just skimmed through the Bob Angel article at https://www.modelaviationdigital.com...&folio=56#pg59

Yes, I understand the new rules will include:
1. 400 foot limit, unless FAA gives a special letter of agreement for your area.
2. Registration of every plane at $5 per year.
3. Electronic identification of where the model is during flight, and where the pilot is.
4. Limitation of flying sites, never to expand from the original allocation, but can shrink.

But everybody says "That will never happen" so I just stopped warning people.
The FAA got over 50,000 letters in response to their call for comments to the modelling industry, but I have read that they virtually ignored them.
Jul 28, 2020, 06:37 AM
Thread OP
Has there been any activity at the field? I hear nothing...
Does anybody monitor this discussion page?
Should I keep it open?
Jul 28, 2020, 07:18 AM
Tail Spin Tim
Haven't seen anything here in a long time. You guys still out there in Algonac?
Jul 28, 2020, 09:08 AM
Thread OP
Yes, Tim, same field location.

Quick Reply