May 07, 2019, 01:53 PM
Thread OP
Hope this gets to all subscribers... The field is still wet, and at our last meeting we came up with a new mowing plan.

The existing plan was to have each member participate in mowing, about 3 times a year. When it was my team's turn, I would bring my own gas, 5 gallons, rather than make a trip from the field to fill the club's can. I also drive 60 miles round trip, so all-in-all I use $25 worth of gas, three times a year!

Jerry proposed that we have two teams of three who will mow on alternate weeks, and they will get $25 knocked off their dues. In order to pay for this the dues will be raised by $10. I whipped out my $10 instantly, as that is a savings of $65 for me! I would gladly pay more!

In all fairness, the club is willing to pay the mower gas bill, just turn in the receipt to Jerry, so if you volunteer for a mowing team, you will effectively save $35/year, with no increase in cost. If you are a frequent flyer, you would have come to the field anyway...
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2019, 02:02 PM
The message got to me, Dave.
May 07, 2019, 02:06 PM
Thread OP
Keith, great!

I propose that I use this method to update after a meeting, much easier than reprogramming a web page, and it gets to everybody who cares to be a part of this blog.

-Dave
May 30, 2019, 05:28 PM
Thread OP
No meeting in June
Jun 29, 2019, 07:13 PM
Thread OP
Jerry announces the next meeting is July 7:

Flying wolverines
We will have a meeting on July 7th 2019
The meeting will take place at the field
the starting time will be at 11:30 am

the field is flyable at this time there is still some grass that needs to be cut.
We are down to one lawnmower at this time. Chris is working on them.
To gain access to the field you will have to go through some water at the gate
As there is water over the road.
Please stay on the road as the sides are very soft and you will get stuck and will need to be pulled out.
We will be having hot dogs and chips so come hungry
Jul 06, 2019, 06:33 PM
Thread OP
Jerry Says:

The meeting will be at our home 304 colonial lane at 11:30. Due to the water over the road at the field. July 7th
Jul 18, 2019, 05:59 PM
Thread OP
Report from the President:
Warning
Unless you have an suv or a pickup truck please do not try to enter the flying field.
The flooding of the ditch at the gate has gotten worse and you will find yourself
In trouble with a car, thanks for your patience

Jerry lelacheur
President of the flying wolverines.

The grass is cut and ready to fly just need the water to go down
Jul 30, 2019, 09:30 PM
Thread OP
Meeting:
sorry for the short notice
Flying wolverines
We will have a meeting on Aug 4th 2019
The meeting will take place our home
304 Colonial Lane Algonac Mi. 48001
the starting time will be at 11:30 am

This is important about the road and field condition
also the art fair.
Please come to the meeting even if it is a little boring.

Thanks Jerry LeLacheur
President
Aug 14, 2019, 09:00 PM
Thread OP
MESSAGE FROM JERRY: 8/14/2019

Good news the field is accessible the road is now above sea level. A lot of work and time but we got it there. The field is close to being cut all the way as of today. Little work needs to be done yet but it is flyable. Hope we can enjoy what is left of this year. There will be no art fair this year it was voted on not to participate. So enjoy the new road and be careful and fly safely. Just remember not to fly over Nautical Lane that is to the south east of the field.
Nautical Lane is North East of the field, not SE.
Last edited by dbacon; Aug 15, 2019 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Nautical Lane is North East of the field, not SE.
Aug 17, 2019, 01:03 PM

field

the field looks great
!!
Aug 17, 2019, 03:44 PM
Thread OP
Good for you, you are one of the few that has successfully signed on to the discussion site!
You may get comments from Paul, Dave Waldecker, or Keith Harrison, as they are on there too.
Aug 17, 2019, 04:41 PM
ok sounds good
Aug 19, 2019, 03:28 PM
i renewed my ama today
Aug 19, 2019, 04:30 PM
Thread OP
OK guys, fly 'em if you got 'em.
Ever since boot camp, always wanted to say that... (Vets know what I mean)
Aug 19, 2019, 06:09 PM
lol

Quick Reply