Dec 25, 2015, 04:59 AM
Thread OP
Sweet, the scale details are impressive. Is it EDF? Will it roll on grass?
-Dave
to remove ads between posts
Dec 25, 2015, 05:11 AM
Tail Spin Tim

Edf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacon
Sweet, the scale details are impressive. Is it EDF? Will it roll on grass?
-Dave
EDF and yes will rog on grass. JP E-brakes, Mr RC Sound, afterburner ring, daylight bright nav lights and landing light, sequencing gear doors. Upgraded motor 150A esc OPTO, 18A UBEC. Will do 135 on 8s inrunner 12 bladed fan.
Dec 25, 2015, 05:34 AM
Thread OP
Very impressive, I didn't realize it was foam, or that it was a kit. What s the name or source of the kit?
This has GOTTA come to our next meeting, but you may have to protect it with a plexi drool-shield...
Dec 25, 2015, 05:39 AM
Tail Spin Tim

F16

Quote:
Very impressive, I didn't realize it was foam, or that it was a kit. What s the name or source of the kit?
This has GOTTA come to our next meeting, but you may have to protect it with a plexi drool-shield...
It's a Freewing from Motion RC. I made the upgrade. Full ARF with plug and play 500 bucks.
Dec 25, 2015, 06:05 AM
Thread OP
Excellent, I do hope you bring it to our next meeting. It will be the 1st Monday in Feb (Feb 1, in fact) Hope to see you there!
Dec 28, 2015, 01:14 AM
Tail Spin Tim

F16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoltpilot56
It's a Freewing from Motion RC. I made the upgrade. Full ARF with plug and play 500 bucks.
Let me know where the meeting will be held and I'll try to make it and bring the F 16. I work third shift.
Dec 28, 2015, 01:49 AM
Tail Spin Tim
Never mind I got it. Library on Cass.
Jan 16, 2016, 07:16 AM
Tail Spin Tim

Freewing 90mm EDF F-16C Build from Motion RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoltpilot56
Never mind I got it. Library on Cass.
Sit back relax and watch the video as my jet comes together. Still work left to do on it. Won't be able to make the meeting due to work. There is an open invitation to display planes at the Hobby-Rama at Gibralter, February 20th and 21st. Need to know by next week if you want to participate. I have all the info to make it happen. If not I will be the only one like last year. RCCD already declined as they are doing there own thing there in March.

Tim T

Freewing F16C Thunderbird Build from Motion RC (4 min 35 sec)
Last edited by Tcoltpilot56; Jan 16, 2016 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
Jan 16, 2016, 10:26 AM
Thread OP
Sweet, but how did you restrain it from shooting forward?

Also I just registered with the FAA so that I won;t have to pay them $250,000 now.
You have until Feb 19th, but if you register by Jan 19th you save the $5 fee.

My latest email from the AMA says to go ahead and register, don't wait until Feb 19th like they originally told us. Appears (to me) they are not getting anywhere with their idea of using AMA registration to satisfy the FAA.
Last edited by dbacon; Jan 16, 2016 at 11:53 AM.
Jan 16, 2016, 12:23 PM
Tail Spin Tim

Shooting forward

Quote:
Sweet, but how did you restrain it from shooting forward?

Also I just registered with the FAA so that I won;t have to pay them $250,000 now.
You have until Feb 19th, but if you register by Jan 19th you save the $5 fee.

My latest email from the AMA says to go ahead and register, don't wait until Feb 19th like they originally told us. Appears (to me) they are not getting anywhere with their idea of using AMA registration to satisfy the FAA.
The fan isn't hooked up yet. LOL The Mr RC Sound system is what you are hearing. I registered last week before the money back on the 5 bucks deal ran out. I knew it was going to happen. FAA claiming safety and security to be the main issue even though we have an impeccable safety record. It's the few bad apples that caused all this to happen. I thought we are supposed to have less government not more. So much for have been in the military fighting for our freedom. By the way the fine would be 25,000 not 250,00. LOL That in itself is agregeous.
Last edited by Tcoltpilot56; Jan 16, 2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Added word
Jan 16, 2016, 05:59 PM
Thread OP
The fine is one quarter of a million dollars! That shows you how bad we could be with our little 250 gram killer drone...
http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/faqs/
Reference Q7.
Also note that a "tethered" aircraft comes under this rule...Control Line? (Q20)
Jan 16, 2016, 11:45 PM
SHAG
You know, I have a friend of friend, send me a video of him flying a foam type plane with about a 48 in WS, with FPV and telementry and he was flying at 1250s ft; and 2 1/2 miles away, I have seen many videos of this type of flying, and I saw little from AMA saying anything, and it pisses me off that they didn't try to stop these idiots, now we are paying the price. I would think if you fly FPV with all the bells whistles you fall under FAA rules and penaltalies, if you don't, you don't have to register, but it's to late now.
Jan 17, 2016, 07:11 AM
Thread OP
I am sure all those videos have been reviewed, at taxpayer's expense.
Mar 15, 2016, 11:40 AM

General info to Wolverines

When I can get to the shed at the field, will grab one of the mowers and start doing maintenance. One of the mowers has a broken choke linkage at the carburetor and will take some time to repair. Probably need to order parts.
For future reference: Our field mowers are NOT TRACTORS!! If you have trouble starting any of them, DO NOT PULL HARDER ON THE CHOKE thinking that's the problem. Parts will break!! Please exercise some common sense.
Thanx,
Dave W.
Mar 15, 2016, 01:33 PM
Thread OP
We all appreciate your work, Dave, I hope the road won't be too soft as that would add to the difficulties, and we can cause plenty of them by ourselves. Sorry we mistreat things, I remember when I did my damage to the mower blades, so I am no better...

Quick Reply