Flyn Wolverines Discussion Thread - RC Groups
May 31, 2015, 08:35 AM
Discussion

Flyn Wolverines Discussion Thread

Flyn Wolverines of SE Michigan

This is a good place to exchange flying plans, so you won't be alone when you go to our field.
You must do these things:
1. Signup - so you can post a message (They will send an email you must use the link provided to complete registration)
If you complete this, you should get another email from RCGroups, saying "Thanks for registering at RC Groups!..."
2. Post a message, this will setup the next step (subscribing to this thread) but you can check it on your control panel.
3. Subscribe to this thread

Then, every post that occurs on this "Thread" will generate an email to you, using the email you used when you signed up.
If you don't get the emails, double check the email you submitted, here is how:
1. Go to the top of this page and click "My RCGroups" in white lettering in the black bar.
2. You get a new page with a list of things you can edit under "Control Panel" on the left.
3. Scroll down to "Settings & Options", and click "Edit Email & Password" Check that you have the correct email address. Then click "Edit Options"
4. You get more titles, go to the "Messaging & Notification" section and look at "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
5. The small box will probably say "No Email Notification", change it to "Instant email notification"
6. Now, back to the list on the left, find "Subscribed Threads" and click "List Subscriptions"
7. The new page you get should show you signed up to "Flyn Wolverines Discussion Thread" If not, you probably haven't posted anything yet. So post something under the Flyn Wolverines Discussion Thread" Just say "Hi".
8. There are lots of other options, one you might want is at the bottom "Distance Preferences", I checked "miles" because I am metric challenged...
9. Be sure to click "Save Changes" at the very bottom!

I wish I could edit my flying skills, but maybe R/C Groups will add that so I can fly better...

You can check to see if you are subscribed by clicking "My RC Groups" at the lop left of the page, just under the Tx with googley eyes, and scroll way down to :\"Subscribed Threads", that will list all of the ones you have signed up for.

If you are having trouble, go here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/faq.php where there are over a dozen subjects of interest, see the "Registration" section for helpful info on getting this working for you.

Here is the weather forecast:http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/laun...=KMTC&state=MI
Here is a weather radar loop:http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/centgrtlakes_loop.php
Our webpage: http://www.flynwolverines.com
Last edited by dbacon; Jun 18, 2015 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Trying to help people sign up...
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2015, 08:59 AM
This spot will be reserved for important FWRC announcements...
6/6/2015 The field is great, been rolled twice, super flat. The road is pretty good.
Last edited by dbacon; Jun 09, 2015 at 03:45 AM.
Jun 07, 2015, 11:18 AM
ok, bob branch
Jun 07, 2015, 11:34 AM
Keith H just signed up also, maybe we can get a bunch to sign up, and then it will be effective...
Jun 07, 2015, 03:22 PM
Just signed up this afternoon. Will post flying plans...
Jun 07, 2015, 04:03 PM
Thanks , umop apisdn Dave
Jun 08, 2015, 12:30 PM
Miller and McMillen are planning on mowing this Thursday at 3:30 PM.

Also, can I get an updated membership roster? Jerry sent out an earlier one with only 17 on the list.
Jun 08, 2015, 01:53 PM
Dave I'm on
Jun 08, 2015, 03:11 PM
OK, everybody who has successfully subscribed should get an email, triggered by this message
Jun 09, 2015, 02:15 AM
I'll be at the field on Thursday to fly and help Jerry put up the storage unit. Should be there around 9:30am:
Jun 09, 2015, 08:43 AM

No email!

No email received Dave.
Jun 09, 2015, 09:10 AM
You must do these things:
1. Signup - so you can post a message
2. Post a message
3. Subscribe to this thread
I think you must have done 1 & 2, so click on "Thread Tools" in the blue bar a few inches down from the top of the page, and get the drop down list, click "Subscribe to this thread" that should do it.

Then, every post that occurs on this "Thread" will generate an email to you, using the email you used when you signed up. If you don't get the emails, double check the email you submitted, all you profile detail can be viewed when you click on your own name near the top of the page.
Last edited by dbacon; Jun 09, 2015 at 09:29 AM.
Jun 09, 2015, 09:42 AM
Done now. Once I posted, the process worked perfectly. Thanks!
Jun 09, 2015, 09:47 AM
Testing
Jun 09, 2015, 10:32 AM
Worked for me😎